packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    It would be so refreshing to hear somebody say, one time...

"There will be no apology. I mean everything I say. So does everyone else. That's why we say it. You people are idiots. I meant that too."
    You referring to Josh Allen or Rosen,neither should have to apologize in my opinion.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

"There will be no apology. I mean everything I say. So does everyone else. That's why we say it. You people are idiots. I meant that too."
    that will be rosen after his first 300 yard game, and then sign a 100 million endorsement deal

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

Draft was better to watch without Chucky.
    You guys might pistol whip me for this, but I'm glad Chucky is gone.
    Some say people grow on you- he did the exact opposite. Dry dry dry analysis.

Mayock was solid.
    Some of the trash talk was entertaining.

Picks weren't too crazy.
    We know Cleveland is cursed, thus their players are cursed
    Buffalo looked good. But something tells me Buffalo will Buffalo, and they won't matter until Tom Brady retires and that is still a big maybe.
    Lamar Jackson is a tool. He won't matter
    Josh Rosen looks like the kind of guy that will get his ass kicked because of his mouth. Yeah right, "9 mistakes"..

I got a fantasy keeper league that I might want to be prepared for this fall:
    Barkley could be a game-changer for the Giants, he could be top five running back in the NFL, could be a rotten bust only time will tell
    DJ Moore for Carolina and Calvin Ridley for Atlanta might be some good sleeper wide receivers
    I will have my eye on both of them
    I know some of you might chastise me for this but I kind of thought Julio Jones Lost a step, Ridley could fill in right away
    Moore should get at least 5 targets from Cam Newton in week 1 right away

Guice idk .
    Sounds like this is the biggest criminal in college sports history according to the analyst tonight
    We are just waiting on the story

This year just wasn't as obnoxious
    Remember the year with Johnny Manziel was drafted by the Cleveland Browns and everybody in Cleveland thought they won the Super Bowl for the next 5 years
    Holy s*** that made me hate watching the draft that was one of the most obnoxious things I saw on television
    At least this year nobody is claiming the Super Bowl trophy
    The way it should be because a good draft does not guarantee a Super Bowl

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Gruden - Glad he's gone too. Very low knowledge on anyone outside the top 20 guys. Speaks to the lowest common denominator fan. Draft watchers are nerds. We want better.

Mayock - National treasure.

Julio - Was fighting through an injury all last year. May be the reason for the slowdown. Let's hope it's temporary.

Guice - Had to have been some major red flags to scare GMs away overnight like that. Switched agencies from a group that mostly represents rappers to another agency that mostly represents rappers. Doesn't look like he's too smart.

Worst pick of the draft IMO was Lamar Jackson, just because I think he'll be hurt too much, and you won't get your money's worth.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

toughest kid in draft was malone from o.s.u. Watched that kid lead moeller high school to state championship playing qb and safety

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    toughest kid in draft was malone from o.s.u. Watched that kid lead moeller high school to state championship playing qb and safety
    Where did he get drafted

darrell74

Gruden - Glad he's gone too. Very low knowledge on anyone outside the top 20 guys. Speaks to the lowest common denominator fan. Draft watchers are nerds. We want better.

Mayock - National treasure.

Julio - Was fighting through an injury all last year. May be the reason for the slowdown. Let's hope it's temporary.

Guice - Had to have been some major red flags to scare GMs away overnight like that. Switched agencies from a group that mostly represents rappers to another agency that mostly represents rappers. Doesn't look like he's too smart.

Worst pick of the draft IMO was Lamar Jackson, just because I think he'll be hurt too much, and you won't get your money's worth.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGambler View Post
    Mayfield really going 1st? Wow what a jump, really shakes up things. Going by latest odds
    Only the Browns could be this incredibly stupid. Maybe they felt better taking the sure bust instead of drafting one of the other guys and thinking it could actually turn out right! This way they can now already start planning yet another qb search, could be that just feel more comfortable in this role! Loll

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i'd slit vick's throat given the chance cause of the dog shit, but that shit talk is good
    I like you but something wrong w the pass you give your institution for the damage they did to young boys but in next breath you want Vicks throat slit for doing something that culturally acceptable where he comes from.

2daBank

love this for arizona and rosen

think they're killing it
    Zona should be sending a gift basket to browns for making it all possible by taking the worst qb prospect 1st.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Where did he get drafted
    meant hubbard. lol was thinking of that show with the bartender sam malone.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Only the Browns could be this incredibly stupid. Maybe they felt better taking the sure bust instead of drafting one of the other guys and thinking it could actually turn out right! This way they can now already start planning yet another qb search, could be that just feel more comfortable in this role! Loll
    lol they are already shaking in their boots with their QB history

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Zona should be sending a gift basket to browns for making it all possible by taking the worst qb prospect 1st.
    highly disagree with this

this isn't 20 years ago, or even 10 or 5 when the game was different...not a fan of any of the qb's, but like their baker pick, it makes sense for them

think allen is the worst of them all

2daBank

highly disagree with this

this isn't 20 years ago, or even 10 or 5 when the game was different...not a fan of any of the qb's, but like their baker pick, it makes sense for them

think allen is the worst of them all
    For some reason lot of ppl share your opinion but we see. I have no doubt baker a bust., I don't like Allen either really, at least he has a arm but inaccurate guys in college rarely get more accurate.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

That would be awesome! I hate the media, more celebs/athletes should be that way.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Falcons had the best draft. Improved in all areas.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

That was kind of hilarious. ESPN had a whole big thing about Kendrick Norton being the son of Ken Norton, Jr, graphics and all. They come back a few minutes later after commercial with.....oops, no relation.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    love that calvin ridley pick that offense is scary the two running backs and julio calvin and sanu wowzers, makes me wonder how much longer julio will be a falcon maybe they are planning to part ways after this season

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

With QB picks I watched a few games with Darnold (USC) and Rosen (UCLA). Frankly I thought Rosen now with Cards, was a better pure passer especially with the long ball. I get that there are things about him that scouts don't like but he might turn out well as a pro passer.

Master Bates
    Master Bates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

Isaiah Oliver at 58 was a steal for them; especially, considering his length and fit in DQ's scheme. Falcons defense was sneaky good last year even though Trufant (their #1) played one of his worst seasons.

Ridley is an EXCELLENT receiver. Check his tape, Unfortunately, he had Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball past 2 years.

One of the glaring weaknesses of the teams was special teams, ranking as one of the 10 worst. They greatly improved in that are with some late additions. One in particular is RUSSELL GAGE, round 6, 194 overall. MIKE MAYOCK, at Gage's pro day, stated in an interview that not only will Gage get drafted, but he will play in the league for the nxt 10 years. EXCELLING in special teams.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I think that this draft proved the importance of a good front office. Cleveland had their pick of the top player in the draft and then the #4 player. Who do they end up with? A Johnny Manziel clone at #1, and a DB at #4, passing up on three QB's generally considered to be better than Mayfield, and the best player in the draft. Overall a very poor draft for Cleveland.

The Giants took a player who is a very gifted athlete but who plays a position that is becoming less and less important in today's NFL offense. Do they plan on going back to a run oriented offense to bail out their aging QB? Again, solid player but a terrible choice ant #2.

Oddly enough, two teams that really drafted to their needs and had solid drafts were in the same Division. Chicago selected three solid players with their first 3 selections and obviously ended up with the highest grades for day 1 and 2. Green Bay went to work on their pathetic defense, which they desperately needed.

The old guard did not fare very well. Oakland's picks were overall questionable, to say the least, and Seattle's picks were some of the worst in the draft. Oldies but Goodies HC's Carroll and Chucky Gruden seemed to have lost touch with today's NFL.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    With QB picks I watched a few games with Darnold (USC) and Rosen (UCLA). Frankly I thought Rosen now with Cards, was a better pure passer especially with the long ball. I get that there are things about him that scouts don't like but he might turn out well as a pro passer.
    Rosen started 3 seasons of Pac12 ball - and could not finish his last two seasons bc of surgeries and concussion issues. How the hell is he going to make it in the NFL? I wouldn't have even drafted him.

packerd_00

I really like what the Packers did,filled their most glaring weakness in spades.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If Green Bay develops an average defense, they can easily start off the 2018 season at 6-0. They also finish the season with Arizona, Atlanta, at Chicago, at Jets, and Detroit. I can easily see 4 wins there. This team is going to be tough in 2018.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

great discussion here...

is mayfield really that similar to johnny manziel? size and perhaps demeanor to some degree........... but manziel rushed for 1400 yards and 7 ypc average in one season. whereas mayfield had 1100 yards rushing with a 2.7 ypc average over his entire 4 year career....... manziel reminds me much much more of a CFL (Canada) QB although those teams don't run their qb's much any more either..

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

some random thoughts...

forgot cleveland traded very little for jarvis landry. just had to pay him alot.....

i think there's some overreaction to denzel ward. definitely DE>CB but there is a shortage of great CB's. if ward is great, it's a good pick. not sure chubb is completely elite either but more important position. of course, cleveland already had one...... i think ward over chubb is the only questionable choice. minkah and nelson (ND guard) would have been questionable too

draft seemed very light on almost all the key non-QB positions... LT, DE, CB, WR. i think there was only one player judged super-elite (chubb). elite safeties and offensive guards seem to very plentiful these days. i think these positions along with TB have gone up in value in recent years, albeit from a very low value

next year is very very heavy with defensive line... one team (clemson) has a bunch.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If Green Bay develops an average defense, they can easily start off the 2018 season at 6-0. They also finish the season with Arizona, Atlanta, at Chicago, at Jets, and Detroit. I can easily see 4 wins there. This team is going to be tough in 2018.
    Yeah their pretty much set,the secondary has been the problem,so hopefully this Draft sorted that problem out.

Rodgers and Graham will be a dangerous combo I reckon.

First ... 3456