Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Wow, will take 100 +/- hours to qualify for team USA. I was too busy at work during the last promotion so was fired up by all the hype surrounding this promo, oh well, more time to enjoy the fine things summer has to offer. Good luck fellas.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4413

Is this going back the old poker format as of last year ? the new one is a huge disappointment

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26311

Nothing wrong with the promo, just little too long. But at least we have something now.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28886

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Nothing wrong with the promo, just little too long. But at least we have something now.
    Something is always better than nothing.
    Thanks, SBR.
    Good luck everyone!

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Yeah no reason to reinstall.

Summer is for sun, water, grab ass, hookers and bourbon /blow.

It's my swan song as I will not be renewing in September.

Best of luck to those who play.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

how much will each daily pay in points ?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 427

This is only OK if SBR goes back to the previous daily payouts (those that were in effect prior to the previous promo). Otherwise it is a horrible disappointment.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1285

Suggested themes for this once again spectacle of a biased against USA players rag ass Tournament!

World cup of peanuts is more fuk'in like it! Time invested divided by rigged roll overs equals peanuts!
    World cup of broke dik fuks!
    World cup of time wasters! 4 months of your life you'll never get back!
    World cup of foreigners who play one fuk'in tourney and qualify! That's why you fuks love this tourney!
    World cup of the slow play'in bobby puss! The agony of the mini cash bitach!

Come on! I got a million of 'em...feel free to add your own

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    This is only OK if SBR goes back to the previous daily payouts (those that were in effect prior to the previous promo). Otherwise it is a horrible disappointment.
    True I might reconsider playing occasionally.
    Zero percent chance like last promo with reduced daily points

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

World Cup wooooo

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

it was hard enough to suck it up and play the last promo with the new horribly structured dailys/payouts

see you in the fall poker guys

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    this idea was nixxed due to sbr's new found sensitivity.... waves complained, as he would be ridiculed as the last pick, that no one wanted on their team.....
    Last pick in a draft would typically be some Donkey who posted 0 pts in the last World Cup.

Does that ring a bell jackass?
    Last edited by bobbywaves; 04-19-18 at 02:38 AM.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    AND the payouts for winning this WC are LESS than last year
    How does 1st & 2nd place payouts get reduced from last year, while 3rd & 4th place payouts get increased?

Why are the crappy WC teams being rewarded?
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave bobbywaves 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Us Americans get screwed again!

only way to qualify in the USA is to play every day

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

curious how many spots daily pays and how much 1st any guesses

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

SBR has always had a sick sense of humor, but Drew is taking it to new levels. Think Rickles/Dangerfield/Kinison unleashed

thechaoz

Funny how no one seems to be defending sbr here this time.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47610

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Funny how no one seems to be defending sbr here this time.
    I usually do not complain but why promise certain things and not deliver? I think people would roll with the punches a lot more if there was a little more honesty and transparency.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28967

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I usually do not complain but why promise certain things and not deliver? I think people would roll with the punches a lot more if there was a little more honesty and transparency.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Yeeeeeeessssss good promo Eventually someone will give up hehe. Players or SBR. But SBR can give up two way sadly 1. is increase payouts again or 2. go Titanic and sink poker).

Unless daily MTTs will have old payout than is still okeish i guess---> Aprils fools 3 weeks late :P

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51577

I have been semi on SBR's side in recent debates on things (not that that was my intent - I just try to give my objective opinion about things, whichever "side" that might place me on). But I have to say, I'm really not very pleased about this announcement.

As I've said in earlier threads, we the players do not have any right/entitlement to a particular promotion/daily payout etc. Beyond the cost of pro membership, it's free to participate in and any player who does not feel it is worth it can simply choose not to participate or potentially choose to not renew their pro membership if they don't feel they are getting the appropriate value for the time/$/points they are spending on it.

That said, while that is the case, what I do not like is what I consider to be (and I think most on this thread agree) false promises/hype. Announcing near the beginning of the year how "this will be the best year for SBR poker" then drastically cutting the daily payouts, and then before this announcement saying how "SBR is committed to new + dynamic contests" and then announcing a format which is the exact same style as the last few years (only worse cause of smaller prizes both at end and in dailies) - well what kind of reaction was SBR expecting from the poker community I wonder?

Why not just be honest about it to begin with? If you decided to cut the amount of $ SBR puts into poker because of budget issues, not receiving the appropriate value compared to what you were putting in, the sponsor cutting back, whatever it might have been - fine. Obviously that would have been disappointing to players, but that's business and folks would act accordingly.

What I don't understand is, why build up people's hopes with false hype as I've mentioned above and then announce something which will obviously be a big disappointment to nearly the entire community? All that will do is cause people to lose faith in the site/be less apt to trust any announcement/promise that is made in the future. Again is it really so hard just to be honest about it?

Just my opinion of course...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5, and turtlejc

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know if this worth being excited for?

Cliff notes?

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    I dont know if this worth being excited for?

Cliff notes?
    Cliff notes....since you are team world, you will easily qualify if you play about 25% of the tournaments. So it’s a pretty good deal for you.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Lucky for me, I live on planet earth. Team World lets go

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Cliff notes....since you are team world, you will easily qualify if you play about 25% of the tournaments. So it’s a pretty good deal for you.
    Holy shit, OK im IN!

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Maybe someday we will see Downsouth’s idea of the top 48 overall and then the top 4 would be captains and do a draft.
    Hopefully we won't.

But also from what I've seen from Drew in recent past, there's every chance World Cup-2019 will be the only promotion next year and qualification will run 12-25-2018 to 02-14-2019
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Don't know about you, but if my team gets better than 4th I'll consider it the greatest year for SBR Poker ever. Hopefully mannyfan practiced a lot of shorthanded games.

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    I have been semi on SBR's side in recent debates on things (not that that was my intent - I just try to give my objective opinion about things, whichever "side" that might place me on). But I have to say, I'm really not very pleased about this announcement.

As I've said in earlier threads, we the players do not have any right/entitlement to a particular promotion/daily payout etc. Beyond the cost of pro membership, it's free to participate in and any player who does not feel it is worth it can simply choose not to participate or potentially choose to not renew their pro membership if they don't feel they are getting the appropriate value for the time/$/points they are spending on it.

That said, while that is the case, what I do not like is what I consider to be (and I think most on this thread agree) false promises/hype. Announcing near the beginning of the year how "this will be the best year for SBR poker" then drastically cutting the daily payouts, and then before this announcement saying how "SBR is committed to new + dynamic contests" and then announcing a format which is the exact same style as the last few years (only worse cause of smaller prizes both at end and in dailies) - well what kind of reaction was SBR expecting from the poker community I wonder?

Why not just be honest about it to begin with? If you decided to cut the amount of $ SBR puts into poker because of budget issues, not receiving the appropriate value compared to what you were putting in, the sponsor cutting back, whatever it might have been - fine. Obviously that would have been disappointing to players, but that's business and folks would act accordingly.

What I don't understand is, why build up people's hopes with false hype as I've mentioned above and then announce something which will obviously be a big disappointment to nearly the entire community? All that will do is cause people to lose faith in the site/be less apt to trust any announcement/promise that is made in the future. Again is it really so hard just to be honest about it?

Just my opinion of course...

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16909

Please have a new category for team China.

HurryUpAndDrink

So, how are the teams gonna be picked/decided? or is just USA vs world?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

Yes. You just need to have a pulse is all to make Team World.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    So, how are the teams gonna be picked/decided? or is just USA vs world?
    Four teams: World, Canada, USA, and Confederates.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

What do guys expect for $8.33/250 points a month?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Please have a new category for team China.
    We need to be represented.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

curious out of the people who made top 100 spring finals numbers on usa canadians world my guess

90 american
    8 world
    2 canadian

First 12345 ... Last