5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

he might not even have been hiking keep that in mind

aljack
    aljack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    He was seen at 3pm at the Charleston Ranch though. Was he not ?? That's what I read.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most people found real quick when lost there

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Best thing to do is not speculate. None of us have enough info. It could be anything at this point.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Kinda sucks everytime this thread is bumped
    gives you false hope that the bump is a update saying all is well

catsanddogs
    catsanddogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Praying for a miracle. Daves a great human being and Ive enjoyed reading his column for past few years. The best daily column on sports betting anywhere.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Surely they have done the cell phone trace by now. Not familiar with the area so I don’t know cellphone coverage. However they should have him up to the point where coverage stops.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    what were his writeups winning at lately?

were they winning?

im not joking, it might provide clues
    As much as Rudy and myself don’t agree on things...he may be right here. Maybe he was having trouble or depressed. Just had a coworker’s husband end his own life around 60 yr old because he was depressed about what’s next in life. He didn’t reach the retirement money he hoped to achieve and figured taking his life was the best option. Certainly something to consider.

Again, I hope Rudy and myself are wrong.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

From what Ive read in his write ups Dave seemed like a genuine good guy. Feel for his family and friends, must be a horrible few days for them.

I hope he does not end up as the latest strange disappearance in our National Parks. Anyone not aware of the Missing 411 series should look into it and be shocked at the regularity this happens and some of the extremely strange circumstances surrounding these missing people. Mt Charleston happens to be a location in the western US that these strange events take place going back to the 60s.

Missing-411 is the first comprehensive research about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost and some want to disappear, but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

A tip from a national park ranger led to this 4+ years and a 9000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.

The research depicts 28 clusters of missing people across the continent, something that has never been exposed and was a shocking find to researchers. Topography does play a part into the age of the victims and certain clusters have specific age and sex consistency that is baffling. This is not a phenomenon that has been occurring in just the last few decades, clusters of missing people have been identified as far back as the 1800’s.

The manuscript for the research was extremely large so the story was split between two books, Missing 411 Western United States and Canada and Missing 411 Eastern United States. The Eastern version will be released in late March and will include a list of all missing people in each edition and a concluding chapter that draws both books together for conclusions.

Some of the issues that are discussed in each edition:
    • The National Park Service attitude toward missing people
    • How specific factors in certain cases replicate themselves in different clusters
    • Exposing cases involving missing children that aren’t on any national database
    • Unusual behavior by bloodhounds/canines involved in the search process
    • How storms, berries, swamps, briar patches, boulder fields and victim disabilities play a role in the disappearance
    • The strategies of Search and Rescue personnel need to change under specific circumstances
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by SKrallyman View Post
    I just joined this forum today but please know I used to belong to the Pregame forum as SKgambler and have known Dave for the past six years so I felt compelled to contribute here.I met the Professor in February of 2012 at a Super Bowl party at the Munch Bar at Caesars Palace. Despite his desire to be "mysterious", I managed to develop a friendship with him and connected with him for meals in Vegas in August 2014, April 2015 and September 2015. All the while we've traded numerous emails about craft beers, Tom Waits music and life in general.Dave has talked about going "off the grid" for one day between the end of the NCAA tournament and the start of football season (used to be Friday, then became Saturday) for several years and that was for a project he's been working on. It's related to the bristlecone pine which is a species of pine tree more than 5,000 years old. Many of them are located on Mount Charleston. I've had the good fortune of being on an email list he sends updates to after his solo hikes. Correct, he went on those adventures on his own.When he didn't post anything to the forum this past Sunday morning I began to be concerned. And that grew as the day went along. I even texted a friend of mine throughout the day expressing concern. Dave is the most disciplined person I know. He loves his craft and wakes up each day well before dawn to begin working on the day's games. That brings us to today (Monday, April 16) when I received a message from Matt Landes confirming my fears Dave has gone missing. Since then I've spent the day praying he merely suffered a fall which can be survived while unfortunately losing contact with his phone. Dave's mom, even though he's in his later 50's, always asked him to send her text updates during his hikes. I vividly recall one of those photos he showed me during our August 2014 dinner at Umami Burger which showed him chowing on a pastrami sandwich. So, we know he had that iPhone with him on this journey.With all due respect to Dos Equis, Dave is the most interesting man in the world. Knowledgeable about so many topics. More focused than anyone. Tremendously generous. It's by God's grace I became friends with him and it's to that same higher power I pray our beloved Professor is still fighting for his life and will come out of this unscathed.Shawn
    rather suspicious timing and post.....

if Dave's not been found yet (haven't read that far), they need to put a man on this guy.....

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by catsanddogs View Post
    Praying for a miracle. Daves a great human being and Ive enjoyed reading his column for past few years. The best daily column on sports betting anywhere.
    agreed
    hoping for the best

peterose4hof
    peterose4hof's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    rather suspicious timing and post.....

if Dave's not been found yet (haven't read that far), they need to put a man on this guy.....
    Don't be so ignorant. He has been a great contributor to Dave's threads for years (before he moved to SBR)

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

doesn't sound good....

jjgold

The whole story strange

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The whole story strange
    So is the fact that some posters have come out of the woodwork to reply in this thread.

Don't know the guy, but there is something missing to this story.

aljack
    aljack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The whole story strange
    The whole story is strange.

-

For people saying he may have been in debt or money trouble - from what I gather, Malinsky does not have money issues. He is a very successful gambler and has been apart of the industry for as long as I have followed it.

I can't imagine that this had anything to do with his own personal mental health. I can see this being a mere accident that may have mortal consequences. I really hope that is not the case.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Let's let the investigation take it's course before we start theorizing.

-
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pinoy-T-X, and mikejamm

jjgold

Yes is there a long shot possibility he is hiding ?

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    So is the fact that some posters have come out of the woodwork to reply in this thread.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Doubt that

Eric Nisbet
    Eric Nisbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Any news on Mr. Malinsky?

Just checking in to see if anyone has heard any latest developments on Mr. Malinsky? I'm hoping that he's alright & that he is found safe & sound. Prayers & thoughts with the family.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I want a Keith Morrison Dateline episode....

So many possibilities....

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

What's wildlife in this mountain range?

Mountain lions?

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Nothing right now. Thanks for the kind words.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

No good can come of this,,,

matt711
    matt711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2456

Sending prayers for Dave and family

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post

It's Vegas...never know

hopefully all ends well

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by aljack View Post

-

For people saying he may have been in debt or money trouble - from what I gather, Malinsky does not have money issues. He is a very successful gambler and has been apart of the industry for as long as I have followed it.

I can't imagine that this had anything to do with his own personal mental health. I can see this being a mere accident that may have mortal consequences. I really hope that is not the case.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Let's let the investigation take it's course before we start theorizing.

-
    yes hopefully it ends well but top of thread stated he wanted to go off the grid to find pine cones

that's kind of red flag

White Hat
    White Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 726

Not really, been doing it after college basketball on Saturday’s for a couple years

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Enough with the theories and tin foil hats guys.

Show a bit of respect.

People/reporters will be looking here for what his comrades think.

Let's just keep hoping he is found today.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aljack, and Microphone

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Prayers sent.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Enough with the theories and tin foil hats guys.

Show a bit of respect.

People/reporters will be looking here for what his comrades think.

Let's just keep hoping he is found today.

Agree. Class it up PT. We don't need theories at this point.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    What's wildlife in this mountain range?

Mountain lions?

• Mountain Lions
    • Bobcats
    • Coyotes
    • Rattle Snakes
    • Scorpions
    • Feral Burros
    • Feral Horses
    • Desert Bighorn Sheep
    • Black Widow Spiders

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Sending prayers. Hoping for the best.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10862

Need this dude back for more beer reviews.
    Shute prays.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    As much as Rudy and myself don’t agree on things...he may be right here. Maybe he was having trouble or depressed. Just had a coworker’s husband end his own life around 60 yr old because he was depressed about what’s next in life. He didn’t reach the retirement money he hoped to achieve and figured taking his life was the best option. Certainly something to consider.

Again, I hope Rudy and myself are wrong.
    Yeah, leave it to you and Rudy to come up with something stupid. Really? Just stop with all the fuk'in ignorant speculation.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by aljack View Post

-
    Exactly. Well said aljack. Unless you know the guy personally, people should shut the fuk up with their doomsday scenarios!

First 1234567 ... Last