hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

A few NFL draft props

Supposedly there is a prop out there with Baker Mayfield +7.5 over Lamar Jackson. WARNING, it is a bit counterintuitive, but that means Mayfield has to go 8 picks AHEAD of Jackson. I think he will. I just can't get at it because my only book doesn't offer that prop.

Bookmaker has "Number of QB's taken first round" at over 5 1/2 +151. There is talk that Mason Rudolph might go first round. Who knows, but I think that is a good price.

Bookmaker also has Lamar Jackson under 16.5 at +140. He might go to Miami or Arizona, but I could also see him slipping a bit. That would be a good price.

It is completely against what most people are saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if Darnold falls. He has a goofy throwing motion.

Take it for what it's worth. The draft might be the best part of the NFL, at least to me.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

great news that these are up, im going to check pinny now

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

i don't agree with any of those other than baker +7.5

i think i made this same thread during my last blackout cause i saw it in "my posts", but nobody replied lol

*and the draft being the best part of the nfl, don't even watch the game, but still watch the draft

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

I guess the draft is definitely not the best part of the NFL, but it is fun.

reigle9

i was agreeing with the best part lol

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i was agreeing with the best part lol

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Too bad there isn't a prop on whether the Eagles use the 32nd pick or trade it. They have no picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and don't want to pay the 1st rd guaranteed $, someone always slips way farther than thought so I can see them taking a 2nd and 3rd for that pick.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

You think Mel Hyper Jr. is correct in thinking the Browns will go with Josh Allen with their first? I hope he has some insider knowledge. I love the fit, for a Brown's QB. He is grittier and has the intangibles needed to last and become the next Bernie for the Browns. If he doesn't get killed first!!

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

For some reason, I think maybe the Browns are smoke screening, and might take Barkley first, then just wait and see which QB is left.
    Barkley is a once in a generation type player, while none of the QB's really impress me that much, besides maybe Rosen.
    No real reason for a smoke screen though, they got the number 1 pick. Unless they're hoping someone will offer to trade up.
    I'm probably wrong, and I wouldn't bet on it.
    If it was me, I would either take Rosen first and hope Barkley falls, or take Barkley first and see what is left. That guard from Notre Dame is pretty special too.
    Last edited by hawkeye 16; 04-13-18 at 12:46 PM.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

I just read some more stuff on Rosen. Maybe he's the one that falls. Who knows. Probably shouldn't have started this thread.

reigle9

could see rosen falling even though i think he's the best one of them all, guess he has attitude issues which doesnt really matter unless you're a qb..said he'd be the #1 pick the first time i saw him throw

browns are definitely taking a qb #1 now that the jets traded up...i have a +850 future on barkley, but that ship sailed

think allen blows, his #'s where terrible in a league worse than some hs leagues...his yards per attempt and comp % were somehow both terrible which is a huge red flag, as his inability to win, wyoming had a GREAT D last year and they were only 8-5...he's a worse hackenberg who went way too high (2nd round) just cause of his physical attributes, allen should be a 3rd rounder

think anyone from socal is at least half a f@g, so i think darnold blows too...idk how anyone couldve watched him play this year and want to pick him #1...

whatever team picks jackson in the 1st needs their entire front office fired on the spot...keep seeing the steelers picking him in mocks, i'd be shocked if a franchise like the steelers would do such a thing

10 years ago i would've automatically written off baker, but now see him being the most successful of them all..him as a jet is perfect

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

Reigle, somebody should give you a front office position.

That's the same thing I saw this year.

Allen cannot hit the broad side of a barn. No way I would draft him #1. Darnold has a wind-up like a MLB pitcher. Supposedly Rosen is a punk.

These QB's will be picked, and picked high because there are a lot of teams that need QB's.

I guess I'd probably go with Mayfield if I had too.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

BOL hawkeye

reigle9

yup, same thing every year...reaching for qb's cause they're desperate, instead of picking a good player and making your team better

sbr just put up props, might get a loan to bury them lol

pretty confident the top of the draft will go
    1. qb
    2. qb
    3. qb
    4. barkley
    5. nelson
    6. chubb

then who knows

reigle9

path to the draft on nfln right now, watching this is likely counter-productive, so just watch it as entertainment

i just wanted to shit talk jim mora jr really, dude would be fired as wal-mart greeter if not for his dad

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

This is probably the most exciting NFL draft in many years. There is no consensus number 1 pick, but there are 5 or 6 QB's that could go very high. Love it.

USC QB's are softer than puppy turds.
    Rosen would be the first Jewish QB ever who was any good.
    Mayfield smells a whole lot like Manziel.
    The Louisville kid spelled his name wrong on the Wonderlic.
    Josh Allen has a cannon but he couldn't even move the ball in Wyoming's league.
    Saquon Barkley could be KiJana Carter II
    Chubb? Is he a difference maker or just a guy?

I think the Ok State QB, the Richmond QB, and the Wash St QB are likely on the Patriots radar. One of them ends up in Foxboro.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

I agree that this is one of the most "up in the air" drafts that I can recall. I don't think anybody really has a clue how it will play out, including the guys in charge.

reigle9

baker and manziel don't have much in common other than not being a 6-4 pocket passer and perceived "issues"...those issues could not be more night and day

ki-jana blew his knee out on his very first carry when blowing your knee out was ballgame, one of the best rb prospects ever...really no reason to compare rb's from the same school 25 years apart or really ever
    Last edited by reigle9; 04-13-18 at 06:45 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

mayfield seems to have the shortest upside of all the qbs to me, good college qb but I cant see him getting much better
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-13-18 at 07:21 PM.

reigle9

that's the line from 10 years ago

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Rosen is too fragile to last very long in the NFL. He is also your typical California rich kid with a mouth to match. He is also afraid to take a hit. Probably the worst pick of the QB's because of longevity issues. Barkley is a terrible pick. He is a gifted RB, but RB's are basically worthless in the NFL. If I am in the market for a RB, I take San Diego State's Penny in the 2nd round at a fraction of the price Barkley will be paid. The fact of the matter is that the QB crop in this year's draft is not real good. When you have a young kid with a quirkey throwing motion and a Wyoming QB who could not win a critical game as your potential #'s 1 and 2 picks, you are in trouble. Chubb is obviously the best player in this draft.

reigle9

cause teams are totally regretting their zeke and gurley high picks

always know for certain a person is talking out of their ass when they use the "rb's are worthless" line, just complete ignorance...he's going to be the 2nd best receiver on most teams and is a good blocker, not to mention the once a generation running talent and the fact he has the personality to be the face of the franchise and maybe even the entire league

opposing teams will either have to game plan to stop him allowing others to shine, or he'll crush them

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Reig, I agree with your annoyance about hearing "running backs are worthless", but it's also annoying to hear someone is a "once a generation talent".

Barkley is the most sought after RB in this particular class--let's simply leave it at that.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye 16 View Post
    For some reason, I think maybe the Browns are smoke screening, and might take Barkley first, then just wait and see which QB is left.
    Barkley is a once in a generation type player, while none of the QB's really impress me that much, besides maybe Rosen.
    No real reason for a smoke screen though, they got the number 1 pick. Unless they're hoping someone will offer to trade up.
    I'm probably wrong, and I wouldn't bet on it.
    If it was me, I would either take Rosen first and hope Barkley falls, or take Barkley first and see what is left. That guard from Notre Dame is pretty special too.
    I like Barkley. When i see a rb his size take a kickoff to the house (like gurley had done for uga) I usually think he will be pretty good. That said there are some numbers about Barkley that don't line up with the other great backs who have deservedly went top 10, and rb is super deep this year by all accounts. I think he be solid but taking him in top 5 kinda a mistake this year imo. It would be a so Browns chicken shit move tho to take him then whichever qb left over at 4 knowing their own ability to find a qb is dog shit!! Lol

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Rb are replaceable only a few elite ones in the NFL- most teams use 2 rb

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Reig, I agree with your annoyance about hearing "running backs are worthless", but it's also annoying to hear someone is a "once a generation talent".

Barkley is the most sought after RB in this particular class--let's simply leave it at that.
    lets discuss this logically

he's 230lbs and runs a 4.40, he's quicker than he is fast, have you actually watched him? it's like a video game, i'm only being logical here

has the best hands maybe ever from a rb

he picks up blitzes where any other rb of his skill would say fukk that

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I like Barkley. When i see a rb his size take a kickoff to the house (like gurley had done for uga) I usually think he will be pretty good. That said there are some numbers about Barkley that don't line up with the other great backs who have deservedly went top 10, and rb is super deep this year by all accounts. I think he be solid but taking him in top 5 kinda a mistake this year imo. It would be a so Browns chicken shit move tho to take him then whichever qb left over at 4 knowing their own ability to find a qb is dog shit!! Lol
    understand your concern about his #'s

psu's o-line is still recovering from the fake sanctions, he got hit in the backfield more than he didn't...he was i think around a -200 favorite for the heisman when the LT got hurt and that was the end...idk how legit fb media guys don't bring this up, the o-line was useless after bates got hurt...any other rb would've ran for -50 yards a game

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Rb are replaceable only a few elite ones in the NFL- most teams use 2 rb
    sky is blue
    water is wet

2daBank

lets discuss this logically

he's 230lbs and runs a 4.40, he's quicker than he is fast, have you actually watched him? it's like a video game, i'm only being logical here

has the best hands maybe ever from a rb

he picks up blitzes where any other rb of his skill would say fukk that
    There are a lot of metrics he doesn't stack up so favorably with. I thought he was a beast but when started hearing some of these things it made me think he might not quite be the home run that some of the past deserving top 10 backs have been. I don't doubt he will be solid but for his size and athleticism he under performed when it come to percentage of plays he gained more than 4 yards, even as a hr hitter his runs of more than 10 were a below avg percentage of the time. Could very well speak to possibly not having gifted vision or other things. I dunno but In a draft all are saying is very deep at rb I would want to be damn sure he a every down difference maker before taking him top 5 when you will see backs taken in round 3-4 or later who end up having lots of impact.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

RB isn’t valuable as a ELITE O-LINE or D-LINE

2daBank

understand your concern about his #'s

psu's o-line is still recovering from the fake sanctions, he got hit in the backfield more than he didn't...he was i think around a -200 favorite for the heisman when the LT got hurt and that was the end...idk how legit fb media guys don't bring this up, the o-line was useless after bates got hurt...any other rb would've ran for -50 yards a game
    That could certainly be it as well and I'm sure when he came to town teams game planned for stopping him far more than other backs w more favorable numbers. Like I said when I saw that kick return in the bowl kinda sealed me thinking he was special, don't see a lot of backs his size w the ability to take kickoffs to the house, I recall seeing gurley do it at uga and thinking he was gonna be special.

I w you I don't like the "rb's are a dime a dozen" speak either. Look at Dallas without zeke, rams go as gurley goes. While you can certainly have good systems and get by with average backs ask the giants or packers how that going? Special talent makes a difference all over the field, especially in a position that can touch the ball 20+ times a game! Just think you gotta be sure that back is indeed special if you gonna take him top 5 in a deep and talented class of backs .

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    There are a lot of metrics he doesn't stack up so favorably with. I thought he was a beast but when started hearing some of these things it made me think he might not quite be the home run that some of the past deserving top 10 backs have been. I don't doubt he will be solid but for his size and athleticism he under performed when it come to percentage of plays he gained more than 4 yards, even as a hr hitter his runs of more than 10 were a below avg percentage of the time. Could very well speak to possibly not having gifted vision or other things. I dunno but In a draft all are saying is very deep at rb I would want to be damn sure he a every down difference maker before taking him top 5 when you will see backs taken in round 3-4 or later who end up having lots of impact.
    just gotta trust me about the o-line, really nothing more i can say...throw metrics out the window when you're not on level playing field

his vision is probably better than his size/speed ratio...seriously, have you watched him lol?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    RB isn’t valuable as a ELITE O-LINE or D-LINE
    How was cowboys doing w elite oline and not zeke running behind it? You just regurgitating garbage you have heard on espn.

reigle9

2daBank

just gotta trust me about the o-line, really nothing more i can say...throw metrics out the window when you're not on level playing field

his vision is probably better than his size/speed ratio...seriously, have you watched him lol?
    Some, not a ton. I don't really watch a whole lot of college Fb as I'm pretty busy most saturdays in the fall. You just didn't see my next post yet, I agree it could be things out of his control.

1234 Last