SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

houston catching up to golden state in the odds

at bet365 now golden state is priced at +115 to be nba champions, they were only -200 a few weeks ago

houston now at +175 at the same book

books showing houston some love

would be nice to see a final with new teams instead of the same gs vs clev for a fourth straight time

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

It's only cause of the warriors supposed injury situation

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's only cause of the warriors supposed injury situation
    yeah because joe public on sbr knows the injuries are fake, but a multi billion dollar industry is non the wiser

its more likely to do with the fact that houston has secured home court advantage, and that they've shown they can compete with golden state, maybe even some of those injuries are real

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    yeah because joe public on sbr knows the injuries are fake, but a multi billion dollar industry is non the wiser

its more likely to do with the fact that houston has secured home court advantage, and that they've shown they can compete with golden state, maybe even some of those injuries are real
    Of course they can complete with state. That don't mean they will beat them. The games will be close the series won't be. You know how that works right?

Of course no one wants to see the same final again but I have no interest in seeing the rockets in the final either.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19539

I get the feeling that Curry is hurt more than the Warriors admit; Houston wins easily.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11099

Warriors still the favorite, I don't care what the odds eventually say. Houston looks great but they are still unproven. The Warriors just aren't very excited with another regular season much like the Cavs. Once the playoffs start, they will ramp up their intensity. Don't buy into their burial just yet.

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

curry is hurt bad i think. they already said out first round. that will be tough series w.out curry utah or denver. gs might get lucky and face the timberpups and get off the hook

but 2nd round they might lose. hopefully durant isnt 100% either. hate that team

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I had Houston at 3-1 a few months back which isn't great but they should be the lock for the finals by default if dub nation isn't up to strength

Take a look back to currys first 2 seasons in the league and see how many games he missed. The rolling of ankles is a chronic injury that becomes more and more susceptible unless surgery is involved to correct the outside tendons. It got so bad that he had special shoes designed for him

I know this is a separate injury than his earlier ones but the point serves to show that his health and consequent gameflow rhythm are indeed are more on the fragile side than durable

It took him awhile to get cooking during his injury riddled first 2 seasons, until the ankle rolling was corrected via special shoes and we'll behind him did he start to get in a groove and put on a show

If any team can absorb his recovery time and consequent game flow it's gsw but just how fast he can mentally regroup remains to be seen

I am under the influence that curry is not as mentally strong as his elite peers in the league

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20322

What will series odds be if they meet and Houston has home court? GS -200?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Of course they can complete with state. That don't mean they will beat them. The games will be close the series won't be. You know how that works right?
    Of course no one wants to see the same final again but I have no interest in seeing the rockets in the final either.
    fair enough, but what teams would you like to see? i mean houston is as exiting as a team can get in the nba, they play at an insane pace and set the rim on fire.

they are the only team in the nba that can keep up with golden states scoring rate so its either them or no one, baring injury to 2 of the big 3 at golden state

curry will be out at least until second round, per espn, so i guess books knew and had prices adjusted before us shmacks got the news
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I get the feeling that Curry is hurt more than the Warriors admit; Houston wins easily.
    just read on espn he is out until at least the 2nd round of playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    What will series odds be if they meet and Houston has home court? GS -200?
    i doubt it will be that high, the odds for nba championship are near parity now, so i would venture to say gs will only be a small favorite. if curry is still out by then then houston will probably be the favorite

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will be shocked if Houston is not in the finals the home court is so incredibly important because it takes great effort on the road to win games even during the regular season

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

The adjustment is necessary. Is it a smoke screen or is there real trouble for GS? none of us know.

I don't care. My gut still says that if the core of GS shows up to play, they will have another title.