t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Villanova opens -5 over Kansas

-5 and -220 on the moneyline. Books dishing out big time respect to the Cats.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All over Kansas

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

nova loyola will be a great finals david andgoliath

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

They played fairly poorly today and still won with ease. They can win in so many different ways.

They are The Warriors of CBB. Most importantly, they have a coach that absolutely will not let them be on the wrong side of a bad day by the refs. This is huge. His crying is as big of a factor as anything.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    nova loyola will be a great finals david andgoliath
    You are correct

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Definitely a Nova line. Cats had that same exact line against WVU. Are books saying WVU is equal to KU?

Wrongside

na, just that upsets are less likely the deeper you go into the tourney.

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

I will take the points in this one. Villa good team, but give me Kansas and the 5

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

what's nova vs loyola line -9

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

They are too good.

Let's not forget that Duke was NOT good

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Thats a big carrot for KU backers.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Villanova have been pretty solid in this Tournament,I can understand the respect their receiving.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

I vote Villanova

jjgold

Duke was overrated all year

Let’s not forget kansas is pretty good and much better than Kansas St

It’ll be a close game

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Kansas and the points for me. There’s no way they don’t cover

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Kansas is winning with graham being mediocre at best and frankly bad in some games.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Villanova offense rolls Kansas... too good. Not high on Kansas even though they've proved a solid team.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    They played fairly poorly today and still won with ease. They can win in so many different ways.
    They are The Warriors of CBB. Most importantly, they have a coach that absolutely will not let them be on the wrong side of a bad day by the refs. This is huge. His crying is as big of a factor as anything.
    Yep, this Nova team reminds me of the Gator boyz in 2006/2007. They can win in so many ways and can play your game better than you can. They can play finesse, they can play tough, they can slow it down, they can speed it up, they can muck it up if they have too. Very versatile team that has the experience of the last 3 years to boot.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Nova Michigan should be good

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Don't know how anyone can bet against nova at this point? Doubt I bet a side in this one cause rooting for ku but don't see putting any money against nova..

After today where nova and ku both won on the boards in games they had no business doing so I have no clue who will win on glass? Lol.. I know if ku turns it over anywhere as close to as much as they did vs puke they be in real trouble! Need to figure out what the shooting backdrop will be like cause there gonna be a shitload of 3s attempted in this one, if this a good building for shooters it will fly over. If they struggle in the big venue could be ugly.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

If my Miss ST (+8.5) wager hits, I'm going all in on a 2TM 5.5PT teaser with Loyola (+10.5) and Villanova (pk) or Kansas (+10.5)...still haven't decided on the latter...but initial gut reaction was to roll with the Cats...played like shit against a great Red Raider squad and still won by 12!...71-59!...if you look at common opponents ( a tool that I like to use) Texas Tech beat Kansas 85-73 and lost 74-72...Texas Tech beat WV 72-71 and lost to them twice (84 - 74 and 66 - 63)...Texas Tech lost to Seton Hall 89-79....Villanova beat WV 90-78, and beat Seton Hall twice (92-76 and 69-68)...Kansas beat Seton Hall 83-79...Kansas beat Penn in the first round 76-60 but the score was misleading because the game was close throughout until the end when the Jayhawks finally pulled away...Villanova destroyed Penn 90-62....if you blindly use the transitive property, then Nova should roll the Jayhawks by at least double digits...will post my play in my picks thread once I pull the trigger...

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I've been riding 'Nova all year, but I might hedge a little of my futures bet with Kansas +5. Not a true hedge for the winner, but hopefully I get both. I thought it would closer to -3
    I might take Loyola 1H. There are basically on a freeroll and might not come out as tight as Michigan.
    I think Michigan will eventually wear them down and Cinderella won't get her slipper.
    Last edited by hawkeye 16; 03-26-18 at 11:27 AM.

jjgold

Kansas has some excellent guards

Played in toughest conference in USA

WATCH OUT MEN

GPrime19
    GPrime19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 906

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

WATCH OUT MEN
    Nova has excellent guards

Played in a conference that sent two #1 seeds

Just beat both of the next best “toughest conference in USA teams” by 12. Seton hall should’ve taken Kansas

Of course they’re 5 pt favorite. Lay it.. Vegas has been killing you nova haters all year.

GPrime19
    GPrime19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 906

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post

This is probably one of the funniest and most uninformative posts I have ever seen on this forum..

You think K, Self, Cal, Roy or any other coach don’t complain about calls? He yells at the refs once during the TTech game and the broadcast shows it and you jump to this conclusion? Shows you don’t watch very many Nova games.. coach wright is generally as calm as they come.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime19 View Post
    This is probably one of the funniest and most uninformative posts I have ever seen on this forum..

You think K, Self, Cal, Roy or any other coach don’t complain about calls? He yells at the refs once during the TTech game and the broadcast shows it and you jump to this conclusion? Shows you don’t watch very many Nova games.. coach wright is generally as calm as they come.
    Calipari is the worst for that.

Altuve Cedeno
    Altuve Cedeno's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8266

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yep, this Nova team reminds me of the Gator boyz in 2006/2007. They can win in so many ways and can play your game better than you can. They can play finesse, they can play tough, they can slow it down, they can speed it up, they can muck it up if they have too. Very versatile team that has the experience of the last 3 years to boot.
    Those gator Boyz are so lucky that Kansas played the game of their lives to beat Southern Illinois in the sweet 16. If the gators ever had to play them they would have been smothered with none of those open 3 looks available. Lucky gator team.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiaaa
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 03-28-18 at 09:58 AM.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye 16 View Post
    I've been riding 'Nova all year, but I might hedge a little of my futures bet with Kansas +5. Not a true hedge for the winner, but hopefully I get both. I thought it would closer to -3
    I might take Loyola 1H. There are basically on a freeroll and might not come out as tight as Michigan.
    I think Michigan will eventually wear them down and Cinderella won't get her slipper.
    Good observation, I do believe.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Don't even waste your time betting this game. Just take the winner of this game in the title game.

killykole
    killykole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

WATCH OUT MEN
    Villanova just beat 2 teams from that conference though.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by killykole View Post
    Villanova just beat 2 teams from that conference though.
    Nova winning the big-12 invitational this tourney! Lol. I was trying to figure out if a team has ever played more teams from same conf?

2daBank

Nova has excellent guards

Played in a conference that sent two #1 seeds

Just beat both of the next best “toughest conference in USA teams” by 12. Seton hall should’ve taken Kansas

Of course they’re 5 pt favorite. Lay it.. Vegas has been killing you nova haters all year.
    I been smart enough not to be against them much (havnt played them much either) but yea they been smoking the haters. Know a few guys that been against them every round but now they switching which only thing that makes me think they could be in trouble!! Lol.

Only thing I'm playing is the over, should be a ungodly amount of treys attempted in this one! Bad thing is teams sometimes struggle shooting in these domes but I think the bright side here is if either missing a lot of them it will lead to a lot of fast break points off the long rebounds, absolutely think pace will be there, just hope enough shots fall!

2daBank

Yea pretty silly. The one and only reason they beat and covered vs tech was cause they smoked them on the glass which was a pretty big surprise to me. Them and Kansas both won their previous game on the boards which while not surprised they won I am they won in that fashion.

killykole
    killykole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Nova winning the big-12 invitational this tourney! Lol. I was trying to figure out if a team has ever played more teams from same conf?
    Syracuse beat 4 of them when they won in 2003...

12 Last