krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Curry ruled out for first round of playoffs...

warriors may get run early

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

The Pelicans or T'Wolves would give them a good series too. Jazz are the weak team in the current playoff picture imo. Mitchell has been phenomenal but you can't compare the rook to the stars on these other West playoff teams.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    82 games within a span of 6 months, and for playoff teams anywhere from 86-110 games in such a short timespan. its a lot of beating and grind for the body to take

nba players end up suffering the rest of their lives as a result, when they retire they are still young men, in broken down bodies

the only reason games are so many is because owners/league are greedy cnuts that want to make even more money, off the backs of talented individuals since they themselves have no talents

it's only fair that players try to get some rest any way they can

teams should become community/player owned, so that decisions can be taken with fairness and the players health in mind, instead of thinking only about profits, to the detriment of the people that actually do the work to put fans on the seats and sales in the stores
    They are more than fairly compensated for any abuse their body takes! There a lot of far more physically demanding jobs out there than playing fukking basketball that don't pay nothing like what they make!! You gotta be shitting me with this sob story about the poor broken down athlete that never has to worry about money after he retires at 35!! Gtfoh!!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    baseball players take days off all the time in a less aggressive sport with zero fanfare. some pitchers get 5 days between starts or take a rotation off. how many baseball players you see limping around? the number of games is unnecessary in both leagues and set by old standards. fans complain, but how bout they decrease games and raise ticket prices to equal profits? the complaints would still be endless.If a healthy guy plays 77/82 games, thats still a pretty good percentage.
    That cause a individual is far less important to outcome of a baseball game and other than maybe a few select pitchers and even fewer position players nobody really goes to a baseball game to see a certain player. Where as in basketball it all about seeing a certain player and folks buy tickets way in advance hoping to see a certain player come to their town.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kerr a loser

GSW will never see finals this year

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    They are more than fairly compensated for any abuse their body takes! There a lot of far more physically demanding jobs out there than playing fukking basketball that don't pay nothing like what they make!! You gotta be shitting me with this sob story about the poor broken down athlete that never has to worry about money after he retires at 35!! Gtfoh!!!
    Smarter people than me might be able to figure out the rise in injuries in the NBA.
    A few observations:
    1) As late as the 70s, I believe teams took a BUS to some games. NYK/Celts/76ers, etc.
    When they did fly, scheduled air and coach. I am 6`2" 225, and flying in those seats for over a couple hours ruins me.
    Pistons first team to own a plane, during Bad Boy era. Charter flights did bridge the gap.
    2) Team had a trainer. The trainer wrapped ankles. Loaded them up with cortisone and pain killers. Metal "therapy' tubs.
    Now: Nutritionist. Cutting edge diagnostics. Massage therapy. Slew of Doctors always around. Etc, etc.
    3) TRUE STORY: Paul Westphal, in his first year or 2 with the Celtics, was sick and exhausted all the time.
    Turned out he ate 2 meals a day, every day, @ McDonalds. Didn`t know any better and complete oversight by the team.

Overall, NBA players today have it better than any other players in any league. Just ask an NFL player w/no guarantee contract.
    Or any NHL player and the abuse they take, for the comp they get.

During my summers in college, I worker either full time, or at camps as a councilor . Played minimum 2-3 hours a day outside on black top.
    Later, when working full time, usually was in 2 leagues playing 3-4x a week @ night.
    Not comparing mens leagues to the rigors of the NBA, but this argument is ludicrous .

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kerr a loser

GSW will never see finals this year
    Yeah Kerr is a loser. How many rings does he have? 7-8

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kerr is a loser in life chief

Liberals losers