lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Are you into cars?

I'm just curious. I never get why some people waste so much money on cars. I mean get a decent vehicle but some people identify cars as the way to look like a bigshot. Meanwhile they are paying payments and insurance they can't afford.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

I'm into cars big time.

But like race cars, old cars and anything with an engine really.

Does not have to be about being a status symbol.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Lake listens to NPR and information radio while he`s driving that 18 wheeler it seems
    the fact that he posts while doing that is why he is every professional drivers hero
    no crashes!

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Cars are boring.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Nah.

Just want something reliable, comfortable and safe.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Always had a nice car. After my first nice, new car out of college, never had a car payment. Cash only.
    At one time I had a BMW 740il and a Mustang GT convertible ( Still my summer car).

If I ever had the means, I would have had a stable of American Heavy Metal from 68-70s.
    To me, I would get significant enjoyment from driving cool classics.

People collect all sorts of nonsense..Watches, Jewelry ,Shoes, etc.
    I had clients who had 6 and 7 figure collections of Porcelain and Glass. I sold it, but never understood it.

What I would really love to do is put a 1970 Chevelle SS Convertible on top of the best platform of today.
    Something with all the bells/whistles. Twin turbo, ABS, Interior, Music/Tech system, 6 speed manual, etc.
    Even know the color I would pick.
    Caddy coming out with a 6 speed high performance package that would be a sick match.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Do not care about cars

No chance I get a girl anyway with my introvert, multipersonality, drunk, gambling problem self

So really no need to care

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Drive a bucket. Already married, don't care.

I don't get the collecting cars thing. But different strokes and all. I don't really understand collecting anything, stamps, baseball cards, ect. Why spend money on something you can't use.

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Drive a bucket. Already married, don't care.

I don't get the collecting cars thing. But different strokes and all. I don't really understand collecting anything, stamps, baseball cards, ect. Why spend money on something you can't use.
    For higher-end cards, coins, stamps, you can probably beat inflation by buying good stuff and sitting on it.

As for boxes of 1990 Topps? Worth less than toilet paper, yeah

Coolcanuck79
    Coolcanuck79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24238

I'm big into cars and always have been. I always choose the less common performance car rather than ones you see all the time (BMW M3, M5, 4 serces and all the various Mercedes models) I have a Lexus RCF and before that had the ISF. The 4 door ISF was practical when my kids were younger but now they love climbing into the back seat of the coupe.

I have been eyeing the Ferrari California T but I just can't justify leaving it parked for half the year whereas I can drive the Lexus year round.

Like Waters posted above, I'm married and don't care to show off. If you've got the money to blow, might as well. Everyone has their vice that they spend extra money on. (cigs, drugs, trips, clothes, watches, etc)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cars are for suckers

Most people cannot afford the car they are driving and it’s just an ego thing the people with money have a older cars

If you do buy a car make sure it’s in your budget and you hold it for at least 10 to 12 years

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

The only people telling you that cars don't matter are broke people.

Back in the day, I got more pussy driving a drop top Ferrari then I could count. I once picked up a Playboy bunny driving on the 5 freeway. She was in her convertible Mercedes SL500 (I used to own one of those too) and we kept racing each other back and forth. I think I got 5 hours of sleep that weekend as she was a sexual rabbit for sure. If you pull up at a restaurant or club in a sports car EVERYONE wants to know what the hell do you do. Women are curious by nature.

I'm sure it depends where you live as well. It may not matter in Omaha, NB but if you live in LA like I did, you will be turning more pussy down then you would get. A mansion in the Hollywood Hills and a beach house in MDR didn't hurt as well. Damn good old days.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I believe I was born to race cars, I didn’t realize it in time so I don’t do it professionally, I can drive anything better than the guy next to me...Mac is also right, there is a definite correlation between cars and pussy, age is also a factor so the older you are the “nicer” the car needs to be to attain the same amount/quality of pussy.

when I was 16 I had an ‘89 bronco that I bought for 3k with 200k miles, tons of pussy...today that same car wouldn’t get me the same quality/amount...out of high school I had a new a6 Quattro, nothing too special but I saw a definite spike in pussy. New car, young, women saw I was doing ok for myself, sold that years later as I did not need a car living in the city, even though I was doing well a car won’t get you any pussy if you don’t own one so my car pussy levels dropped, had to rely on other bait...fast forward a few years to the new AMG, boom, pussy levels back up...

but for for me it’s about driving, feeling the engine and connection to the road and all that...probably how golfers feel when they develope that perfect swing...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I believe I was born to race cars, I didn’t realize it in time so I don’t do it professionally, I can drive anything better than the guy next to me...Mac is also right, there is a definite correlation between cars and pussy, age is also a factor so the older you are the “nicer” the car needs to be to attain the same amount/quality of pussy.

when I was 16 I had an ‘89 bronco that I bought for 3k with 200k miles, tons of pussy...today that same car wouldn’t get me the same quality/amount...out of high school I had a new a6 Quattro, nothing too special but I saw a definite spike in pussy. New car, young, women saw I was doing ok for myself, sold that years later as I did not need a car living in the city, even though I was doing well a car won’t get you any pussy if you don’t own one so my car pussy levels dropped, had to rely on other bait...fast forward a few years to the new AMG, boom, pussy levels back up...

but for for me it’s about driving, feeling the engine and connection to the road and all that...probably how golfers feel when they develope that perfect swing...
    Racing is a gift. I have a friend that can race too. It's in his blood. He could drive my cars better than I could. It was uncanny. Up in Ohio they had an open track that you can enter races. He won a few driving shit cars.
    Confidence is a huge pussy magnet. I've pulled up in jalopies and I've pulled up in luxury. Nothing more embarrassing then telling your date to slide in from the driver side because the passenger side door won't open.

When you're broke, you have to fall back on quick wit, killer abs, dress nicely and smell good.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

My career is cars so I guess I'm into cars.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cars are for suckers

Most people cannot afford the car they are driving and it’s just an ego thing the people with money have a older cars

If you do buy a car make sure it’s in your budget and you hold it for at least 10 to 12 years
    JJ gets it.

If you can't pay up front for the car in full you shouldn't buy it. Just like those who pay for insurance monthly. You pay it all at the beginning of the term.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Get into a 1,000 horse Dodge hell scat or a 750 horse Demon factory race car then get back to us for those not into cars.
    Before they stopped making the Viper, that was the shit. Outlawed at the 24 hour races for kicking too much ass.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Boats

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I drive a car because I have to. I like being able to get around. I will never again have a car payment. My car is 17 yrs old and runs fine. I am thrifty, so no payment suits me. I am married, so pussy is not an issue. Rather spend money on my yard.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Life's too short not to have a badass ride.

But you and Karen are welcome to buy all the 2003 Honda accords. Your sons will turn out cuck as fuk. Bet. BET!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I believe I was born to race cars, I didn’t realize it in time so I don’t do it professionally
    I relate.

I was born to race motocross. Knew it and did it at junior club level but didn't realize there are only so many years between 15 and 25 and chose to be a father and chase the dollar instead. It was the 80s though, and greed was very good, and fun. So I blame society.

In my 50s and my brain still thinks I could throw a leg over a bike and beta Chad Reed.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

I buy a new one every 3 years

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nobody actually cares what car you have in real life

We think people care

I drive an old van and fukkin love it

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2298

Driving a massive lifted truck with huge tires and lights and smokestacks is a great way to let people know you are well endowed

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

If you dont drive a minivan that can double as a portable glory hole you are living life -EV

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I relate.

I was born to race motocross. Knew it and did it at junior club level but didn't realize there are only so many years between 15 and 25 and chose to be a father and chase the dollar instead. It was the 80s though, and greed was very good, and fun. So I blame society.

In my 50s and my brain still thinks I could throw a leg over a bike and beta Chad Reed.
    Are you serious Optional? Your a mod at SBR, life mission accomplished. If you had raced motocross, who know if that could have happened. Its like some nobel prize winning scientist fantasizing about being an accountant.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Waterstpub87 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

1959 Austin Healy 3000
    1974 Triumph TR6
    2006 Aston Martin Vantage
    2015 Caddy Escalade

3 cars for fun, golf, tennis, pussy. 1 car for beiing normal.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    JJ gets it.

If you can't pay up front for the car in full you shouldn't buy it. Just like those who pay for insurance monthly. You pay it all at the beginning of the term.
    I know people buy cars they cannot afford but on the other side, why not finance a car if the interest rate is low enough? A colleague of mine bought a new Camry 0% interest for 4 or 5 years(I’m sure it will be paid off before) You would be a fool to pay upfront vs 0% interest...same with insurance, some companies give you a slightly pay in full rate but if they don’t, why pay all upfront?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

used to buy nice cars (Bmw, MB).... trying to buy a house now so I downsized a little with a Grand Cherokee.. Im sure I just mushed myself and will overextend myself and buy a Mercedes next week because I'm an asshole... have gotten laid more in the jeep than any other car. buy the cars for yourself, not to impress anyone.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    1959 Austin Healy 3000
    1974 Triumph TR6
    2015 Caddy Escalade

wanted to take over a lease on an escalade but the banks are being a real Pain in the ass with lease transfers now with Escalades. They will only transfer a lease within the same state now.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    1959 Austin Healy 3000
    1974 Triumph TR6
    2015 Caddy Escalade

Why do you need a particular car for golf and tennis?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    My career is cars so I guess I'm into cars.
    Same here.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Why do you need a particular car for golf and tennis?
    Clubs don't fit in Triumph or Aston

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    JJ gets it.

What is the benefit to paying an insurance premium in full at the beginning?

12 Last