kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

did you cosign his bets or something? is this some type of Sallie Mae loan or someshit?

Daniel Skowron
    Daniel Skowron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    did you cosign his bets or something? is this some type of Sallie Mae loan or someshit?
    No loan I did not cosign anything I never even met his bookie

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

daniel can u confirm if you are in your mid 50's and look like viggo mortensen aSKIng for a friend

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Hire Yakuza. No American mobsters or bookies would dare do shit if you had Yakuza watching your back.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

This has been discussed ad nauseum, you can PM me if you want to know the truth

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Just ask JJ that LOL

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Thanks Andy

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I hope Daniel comes back soon... If not, we know his worst fear came to life.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

JJ knows it's not worth any idiot bookies time to spend energy going after someone, just cut them off. Most are degenerates and can't stand the reality of not placing action. I'd venture to say that unless you free rolled them, it would take well into 5 figures for them to even think about doing something. It's just not worth it

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Why won't anyone give Daniel an honest answer?
    I say in 99.9% of the cases....NO

Stiff-away!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No

Jail

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    JJ knows it's not worth any idiot bookies time to spend energy going after someone, just cut them off. Most are degenerates and can't stand the reality of not placing action. I'd venture to say that unless you free rolled them, it would take well into 5 figures for them to even think about doing something. It's just not worth it
    Yeah and that thing is usually a payment plan that a Walmart worker could stick too-

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Why won't anyone give Daniel an honest answer?
    Hit his arm with a louisville slugger and if he gets a bad bruise or worse tell him to stay away from barroom bookies.
    Last edited by Biff41; 05-23-18 at 02:40 PM.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

JJ always said come to a "settlement" ... I think this could be genius for this reason: They have no bargaining power. The closure is the mental aspect of it, "At least we got something" and both parties walk away. Honestly, if its a few hundo or even thousand it's not worth their time, at all. Credit is credit, and they benefit from tilt too, so the whole thing is bullshit. Wanna get paid for sure? Make people post up. Ahh, but they want it both ways, the action and the tilt. Well, if someone doesn't have a reason or can't bet anymore, why would he associate with the same book again? Credit card companies are aware of business costs, this is just another one. They have lots of edges do the locals, here is the only place where it's small usually, but they are on the hook. As if that money was real in the first place.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I had a friend that showed up for work with a black eye. This was about 15 yrs ago. He owed his book over 10000. rooster_eater borrowed 500 from me and that is last time i heard from him. man what a dumb ass i was. his name is jeff feeney.

chico2663

he was into some weird betting where he would pick 8 games and rotate them in two team parlays. so it was about 56 bets in totalor 28 not sure

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Roger ``Crazy Roger'' Vella Jr., 34, a reputed legbreaker and debt collector for the Mafia in Philadelphia .

This led to a showdown in a Brookline car dealership between Maffioli and Whitey Bulger over a large sports gambling debt owed by the owners son

In August 2016, Valentini and Depergola were arrested with fellow mob crew members Gerald Daniele, Giovanni Calabrese, and Ralph Santaniello. They engaged in various criminal activities in Springfield, Massachusetts, prosecutors said, including loansharking and extortion from legitimate and illegitimate businesses, such as illegal gambling businesses, and the collection of unlawful debts

Debts, threats, despair: Vaughan man's life in 'mafia-run' gambling ...

Bookie Tied to Mob Found Dead 2 Days After Brooklyn DA Raids ...

there's more, no time..

jjgold

reason with them
    simple

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Snowball what's your analysis?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    reason with them
    simple
    What does that mean gold. If you got nothing, they get nothing, doesn't really matter, am I wrong

As I've always said, it's a two way street. You don't get to benefit from credit, tilt, chasing, the vig, etc without some minor cost. Stiffing is the business cost. So you better understand that and be aware. They know that most guys can't stand to not bet, so they have them on the hook. As for those that just give it up, ehh, that's how it goes. Again, it's as if that were real money to begin with. Gimme a break.

If you extend a guy to an amount that "hurts" you, it's your fault. The whiners just cry about honor or some BS (these same guys limit you, increase juice here and there without you knowing, so they can win more, lol) , if they wanted to get guaranteed payments they'd say, post up. But they don't. I wonder why.
    Last edited by StackinGreen; 05-23-18 at 06:38 PM.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Skowron View Post
    Is it really like in the movies?
    Not if you get to them first.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

chico2663

there is a certain coach in ohio. Whose brother is a big welch. He worked at a car dealership and did what harvey keital did in the movie "bad lieutenant"

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

There's usually an intimidating person or two on your payroll so you don't get your hands dirty yourself.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

95% wont do shit. you really need to know to lose big to the wrong mfer to be in a world of hurt if u stiff like in the movies. If you are gambling with that kind of bookie I'd advise a payment plan rather than ghosting.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

https://lasvegassun.com/news/1998/se...d-murder-plot/

According to older guys who passed this story down to me, Fisher got killed over offshore gambling debts. All involved were apparently scumbags. I don’t remember all the details but the article is detailed.

baldy and the over 45 crowd may have known these guys.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    95% wont do shit. you really need to know to lose big to the wrong mfer to be in a world of hurt if u stiff like in the movies. If you are gambling with that kind of bookie I'd advise a payment plan rather than ghosting.
    this, most all big talk, none really gonna do shit...

had one bookie that works for a recognized offshore mickey mouse shop threaten me lol, 1st off settle date was 1 week after and he comes to the poker table and mentions the outstanding balance in front of everybody... like wtf is not even settle date, then my friend who introduced us tells me guys owes him $800 and is not paying (i owed him $150)... long story short I give the $150 to my friend and tell the bookie he now only owes $650 to my pal lol... guy goes nuts and threatens me... sends they really good at finding people and collecting, I lol and tell him "do your worse!"

I basically tell him if I hear one more of shit of his wrinkled pathetic ass im gonna basically kill him, not talk, not say anything more, im gonna take action and fukk him up, guy proceeds to tell me he ratted me to OIJ (CR's FBI) and that I will hear for them and then blocks me from facebook lol...

OIJ never contacts me and I bumped into him outside the poker room, guy goes away scared before I have the chance to slap him, hilarious. GOOD TIMES.
    Last edited by HurryUpAndDrink; 05-24-18 at 03:03 AM.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post

had one bookie that works for a recognized offshore mickey mouse shop threaten me lol, 1st off settle date was 1 week after and he comes to the poker table and mentions the outstanding balance in front of everybody... like wtf is not even settle date, then my friend who introduced us tells me guys owes him $800 and is not paying (i owed him $150)... long story short I give the $150 to my friend and tell the bookie he now only owes $650 to my pal lol... guy goes nuts and threatens me... sends they really good at finding people and collecting, I lol and tell him "do your worse!"

I basically tell him if I hear one more of shit of his wrinkled pathetic ass im gonna basically kill him, not talk, not say anything more, im gonna take action and fukk him up, guy proceeds to tell me he ratted me to OIJ (CR's FBI) and that I will hear for them and then blocks me from facebook lol...

OIJ never contacts me and I bumped into him outside the poker room, guy goes away scared before I have the chance to slap him, hilarious. GOOD TIMES.
    that usually works actually..nobody wants to deal with a crazy nut

Now if this was the 70' and 80's NY/NJ/Phila area you could be in deep trouble

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

The fairytale continues lol

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

JFC this clown

HurryUpAndDrink

that usually works actually..nobody wants to deal with a crazy nut

Now if this was the 70' and 80's NY/NJ/Phila area you could be in deep trouble
    the guy works/worked for America's Bookie lololololo still have the convo recorded on fb

and yeah I know this is not something u do with anybody, I just measured him up, I knew he was a coward by the way he behaved w my friend slowpaying him for $800 lol

jjgold

Hurry your a killer and he knew it

I bet you have blown guys heads off down in CR

I would not fuk with you

HurryUpAndDrink

Hurry your a killer and he knew it

I bet you have blown guys heads off down in CR

I would not fuk with you
    JJ, he was wise in a way, thats why he is still alive

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    Don't worry Daniel Skowron. He'll never find you.

beenverified.com/people/daniel-skowron/

The OP is trying to bury someone.

First 123 Last