ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Bad karma cheated on his wife and got a stripper pregnant lol

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You think he did a nice job because he had 23 & 9? How about the fact his opposite, Milsap, went for 36 & 9 on 13/18 shooting. As usual they come charging back from a deficit with him on the bench and then lose when he returns. Thunder seem doomed.
    I lovs Milsap.
    I've also been touting Denver for months also.

Right now the Nugs are sitting 9th in the west.
    If they get to the playoffs they're going to be a very difficult out.

Last time I'll say this, Anthony is a SF, out of the top 40 players in defensive effiency, guess how many are SF's.
    If you guessed one, you'd be correct.

SF's job is to shoot, very rarely will you see a shooting forward up on the leader board in defense.
    PF's and centers rebound, that's their role, PG'S dish assists and pretty much run the floor, they are the QB's of basketball if you will, that's their role, SF's shoot, that's theiir role.

CA Isn't 25 anymore, his 25 points per game are a thing of the past, but he's still a nice ancillary player to Paul George and Russell Ballhog.
    One last item, most of his shots aren't exactly bunnies, they are not three foot gimmies.
    His 3 pointers are still falling with 160 3 pointers made, that's the fifth most by all forwards, that's both PF's and SF's.

And that's really what he's paid to do.
    Agreed he's not winning any defensive award ever, and I'll say it one last time, that ain't his job.
    Westbrook runs the offense, George is your all purpose forward who does a great job regarding steals, and if you look it up, Anthony has slightly more rebounds than Paul George, but George averages 5 more points per game, the guy on that team I really like is Steve Adams, he's a true dirt dog (that's a good thing) I like dirt dogs, Adams gets in there, takes cheap elbows and keeps coming back for more.

Last time, cut Anthony some slack, he's a good third option, I get it, you don't like him, but he's better than what you think he is.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

That's some bizarre rationing there. You say small forwards aren't impactful defensively. I say it's the most impactful of any of the 5 positions on the floor -show me an elite defensive team and i'll show you a great defensive forward on that team.

But Anthony isn't a SF anyway -he's too fugkin slow. Defense isn't his job you say? And why is that? The 4 other starters play defense and he doesn't need to ...because he's a scoring sensation? You better be something special in this league if you going to be a weak link on defense.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I think we're a splitting hairs on what a traditional small forward used to be and what a current small forward today calls for

And the answer to that is neither bc while the traditional SF use to be able to guard positions 2-4 and sometimes 1 or 5 while being a jack of all trades on offense, today's SF doesn't exist

Players are labeled as wing players or in rare cases point forwards. The traditional 1 thru 5 labeling has steadily declined to the point of disappearing as coaches are utilizing players that are versatile in adapting fluid changes to a lineup as a game progresses

To the point of Melo, he is a natural SF or wing but plays more like a shooting big or 4. Similar to Dirk nowitzki

He often gets a bad rap bc of his laziness and cancerous reputation as a player and a as a star that never fully reached or overachieved to his potential like his peers in wade and Lebron have

While still a player with elite skillset on offense, he was modeled and built after the kobe and Jordan prototypes which in truth is the hardest way to win

IBetYou

I'm not splitting hairs, he's a 4. As in 1,2,3,4,5 ...he's the 2nd biggest/ slowest player in their starting 5, thus he is a 4. You can call him a scoring forward or even a shooting forward, but he's a clear 4.

shadymcgrady

He doesn't have the height or post defense required to be a 4. Not even the minimum requirements

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    He doesn't have the height or post defense required to be a 4. Not even the minimum requirements
    And Draymond Green does? Joe Johnson is a lot bigger than Green yet some people say Johnson is a 2.

Look around the league. There aren't many big 4s out there.

IBetYou

Anthony is a big physical guy...

shadymcgrady

Guys like draymond green or pj tucker are tough players, warriors, fighters whatever you want to call it. Anthony is soft like charmin, he's a btch

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    To many fatasses just glance at boxscore numbers without ever having played the game in their lives
    Fat ass that glances at box scores huh?
    Yes I am an analyst by trade, that's a major asset when it comes to handicapping.
    Having said that, I've played every organized team sport except ice hockey, that's because a) I don't skate very well, and b) too many pain in the ass rules to learn (line changes and such)
    I was a scholastic catcher, I knew batters tendencies, where to position my defense, I had to know when my pitchers arm was dead.
    In organized team sports everybody has a specific role, thus the adage "just do your job"
    Now there are a few excptions, in football certain corners have the freedom to roam, certain QB's can change the play at the line of scrimage.....

I never said Anthony was a good defender, what I am saying is his job is shooting, just like John Wall's job is to run the point, just like Drummond's job is to rebound.

Fat ass huh?
    How many chins you have Shady?

stevenash

But Anthony isn't a SF anyway -
    He's a hybrid

ikid2groove415

Melo was once a great offensive player-

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Melo was once a great offensive player-
    Lead the league in scoring in 2013.
    Has played in 15 full seasons, has averaged over 20 points 15 consecuitive seasons.

IBetYou

Imagine this: Westbrook/ George/ Adams on your roster and you still don't make the playoffs. I reckon he'd take about any role coach Donovan would ask of him right about now.

IBetYou

Charging back from a 25pt deficit last night Anthony was having a heated argument on the sidelined with Mo Cheeks. He wanted to be a part of the atmosphere. They made the comeback because he wasn't in there... When are they going to cut this bum? Grant & Patterson are solid players...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anythony team killer

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

I don't hate Anthony, I just don't think he helps OKC much. People who love Anthony are fanboys that play him on 2K, that aren't into betting analysis. They imagine Anthony - not Adams - to be part of a big 3.
    +1

it's the isaiah thomas school of team building like it's a fantasy draft... carmelo was always a guy to build a mid-level team around... but he's terrible as a secondary scoring option. would be good heading up the reserve unit of a team for years to come.

westbrook/george/anthony is the same problem as cleveland. why cleveland didn't trade irving or love for someone highly complementary to james, i'll never know. a great defensive big would be great and then fill up the roster with high energy decent young players which the lakers trade did accomplish. add in a 3 point guy or two (korver obviously) and you're set.. miami was even a problem with james/wade/bosh. not complementary but obviously they did ok... p.s. i realize cleveland traded irving but for the wrong type of player.

ikid2groove415

According to Carmelo he’s a winner because he’s a Olympic champion

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I know one thing; Carmelo came up huge in the series against Utah. What an asset to the Utah Jazz.....I mean OKC Thunder

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Fat ass that glances at box scores huh?
    Yes I am an analyst by trade, that's a major asset when it comes to handicapping.
    Having said that, I've played every organized team sport except ice hockey, that's because a) I don't skate very well, and b) too many pain in the ass rules to learn (line changes and such)
    I was a scholastic catcher, I knew batters tendencies, where to position my defense, I had to know when my pitchers arm was dead.
    In organized team sports everybody has a specific role, thus the adage "just do your job"
    Now there are a few excptions, in football certain corners have the freedom to roam, certain QB's can change the play at the line of scrimage.....

I never said Anthony was a good defender, what I am saying is his job is shooting, just like John Wall's job is to run the point, just like Drummond's job is to rebound.

Fat ass huh?
    How many chins you have Shady?
    Nash. Melo`s job isn`t shooting. It is SCORING. And once upon a time he was an elite scorer. Days are long gone.
    Next season, making 28 MIL, he will arguably be the most overpaid athlete of all time.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

He had one monster year in Denver, and made an overpaid career out of it.

If they had +/- like they do in hockey, Melo would set a record for all time minus.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Mango Hands
    Mango Hands's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Melo is trash

First 123