IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Stop thinking from a fantasy league perspective. He doesn't play team ball and now that he's forced to play on a team in which he must play team ball, he hasn't been as successful.
    Yup, fantasy perspective and single instance perspective. What about the nights when his shot isn't falling (lots of them)? What is he doing to help his team? Nothing is the answer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

OKC brought him in knowing hes an ISO player, only fans in hindsight say ISO ball doesn't work but there's nothing wrong with it

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Stop thinking from a fantasy league perspective. He doesn't play team ball and now that he's forced to play on a team in which he must play team ball, he hasn't been as successful.
    Has nothing to do with fantasy, he's a shooting forward, his role is to take shots, even when they aren't falling he's still doing his job.
    The offense does not go through him like true PG's, so he's going to have that ISO tag, like most shooting forwards.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    He's a loser.
    Don’t forget he got a stripper pregnant !! While married to LaLa-

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    carmelo will never win a title
    He won a NCAA title. The thunder would be a threat to win nba title this year except for Houston.

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    His best games were in NCAA and FIBA. Why? Shorter 3pt line. He's a master of the 18-20ft shot. Now he's washed up.

He IS selfish. It was suggested to him early in the season he could be a 6th man. He found it hilarious. As if he's a basketball god. His defense is terrible. He doesn't like running/ jogging.
    He hit 4 three pointers a few days ago. He is putting up better numbers then most nba players.

vividjohn45

Hey I live in Oklahoma. Nobody is complaining about Anthony. We do have a team that is a potential contender, and we are happy enough with our thunder guys here. And yes we do have a small shot at the title.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Mello is like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone but not as good.. The bully will never get a ring and is nothing more then a roll player right now.. His career is winding down..

IBetYou

He's not a role player, that's the point. He's a scorer - that's his talent - but he's not getting many shots because he's sharing the floor with two bonafide stars. So what is he good for? He fills no role ..he's redundant.

He could be effective for them as a 6th man scorer, and be like the old 'melo while pairing up with former Knick's teammate Felton, but he's made it clear his feelings on that. Unbelievable how many people took his side over P.Jackson. Jackson just wanted him to go away.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He's not a role player, that's the point. He's a scorer - that's his talent - but he's not getting many shots because he's sharing the floor with two bonafide stars. So what is he good for? He fills no role ..he's redundant.

He could be effective for them as a 6th man scorer, and be like the old 'melo while pairing up with former Knick's teammate Felton, but he's made it clear his feelings on that. Unbelievable how many people took his side over P.Jackson. Jackson just wanted him to go away.
    As an aging vet today that won Gold at the Olympics I'd say he's a roll player for other younger players.. Is he the go to guy on OKC I'd say no he is not now, it's either Westbrook or PG... Melo 3rd option..

Would he be a great 6th man coming off the bench on any team absolutely.. He's not a 6th man though.. He's a starter...

Melo can ball, more offensive then defensive for sure.. That's his problem, never really applied himself to D up on the defensive end of the floor..

As the old saying goes - DEFENSE wins championships in most sports..

IBetYou

He should be a 6th man. Wade (same draft class) accepted it this year because he's unselfish. He understands he can help his team more with the 2nd unit.

ikid2groove415

Westbrook equals losing basketball

stevenash

He should be a 6th man.
    This

stevenash

Tonight would be a good night for the 'Melo haters to pile on.
    His shot was not falling.
    3 for 11 from the field.
    Now once again I am not a love or a hater, but I was paying attention to him when he was on the floor.
    He does work, he was working hard even though the lid on the rim was covered up for him

Westbrook too, he was only 7 for 17, but still cot his triple/double.

Austin Rivers had a nice game, Doc's kid doesn't get enough credit.
    Getting Corey Brewer from the Lakers is looking like a stroke of genius.
    He's loving working with Billy Donovan again, had a very impressive 22 points, five of his last six games have been double digit scoring, had just as impressive six steals.

I hate to see anybody get hurt, but Brewer is a step up from Roberson.

IBetYou

What do you mean he does work?

He's got to be the worst defender in the league among starters. He doesn't move well these days, and he's got no awareness -there was a comical breakdown between he & George where he was just staring blankly at his own man rather than have his head on a swivel.

Maybe he can come strong in the playoffs like Rasheed Wallace did in 2010 when he also had a terrible regular season.

IBetYou

The Bewer/ Roberson comparison is interesting. Brewer can hit FTs/ threes and he also runs & cuts better. Roberson is great to have vs the Rockets or Spurs for matchup reasons.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    He hit 4 three pointers a few days ago. He is putting up better numbers then most nba players.
    It's funny people always credit lebron for doing what he does at his age. Not realizing melo is actually a year older than him but people expect him to be better at this stage.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

The Bewer/ Roberson comparison is interesting. Brewer can hit FTs/ threes and he also runs & cuts better. Roberson is great to have vs the Rockets or Spurs for matchup reasons.
    I think the brewer pickup was huge. now they play with more confidence because none of those young guys could replace roberson. Brewer is a great effort guy.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Mello is like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone but not as good.. The bully will never get a ring and is nothing more then a roll player right now.. His career is winding down..
    Malone is way better then melo - nobody was beating Jordan in his prime

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jj has gotten in your head. Melo is a shooter bottom line. I can’t wait to see the thunder in the playoffs.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Malone is way better then melo - nobody was beating Jordan in his prime
    Malone was a power forward, 'Melo is a shooting forward.
    Malome/Stockton were two of the dirtiest players that ever stepped on a NBA court.
    Malone was a master elbow thrower, Stockton was a master at hip checking.
    Back in the day, Utah with Stockton and Malone when playing at the Salt Palace got every break in the book from the refs.

Now back to the Malone/Anthony comparison.
    You can't compare a rebounding forward to a shooting forward, but..........

Malone averaged 25 ppg regular season and 25 ppg post season.
    Anthony averages 24 ppg regualr season and 26 post season.
    Of course Malone wins the rebounding comparison, because that was his job.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    malone is way better then melo - nobody was beating jordan in his prime
    this.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Tonight would be a good night for the 'Melo haters to pile on.
    His shot was not falling.
    3 for 11 from the field.
    Now once again I am not a love or a hater, but I was paying attention to him when he was on the floor.
    He does work, he was working hard even though the lid on the rim was covered up for him

Westbrook too, he was only 7 for 17, but still cot his triple/double.

Austin Rivers had a nice game, Doc's kid doesn't get enough credit.
    Getting Corey Brewer from the Lakers is looking like a stroke of genius.
    He's loving working with Billy Donovan again, had a very impressive 22 points, five of his last six games have been double digit scoring, had just as impressive six steals.

I hate to see anybody get hurt, but Brewer is a step up from Roberson.
    no one in this forum would ever give austin rivers credit and he played amazing defense on westbrook. corey brewer is a great pickup for them but a step down on perimeter defense i grabbed him on my fantasy team a right before this 6 steal game im loving it

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

He missed 2 chances at the end there to at least tie the game up but he bottled it

IBetYou

Horrendous. Why doesn't Donovan bench him? What's the worst that could happen? If he kicks up a fuss suspend him. Worst thing you can do is have him on the floor, and that's what is happening. Coach needs to grow a pair.

IBetYou

As for A.Rivers ^^^ I saw the Toronto game earlier. He penetrates up the offense every odd play with his hesitation; mindless jab-stepping/ pump faking. He fakes his own team out of their offense. He's good for a scoring binge here and there, and not a bad defender, but they're at their best when the ball doesn't find him.

IBetYou

J.Grant is big time, he should be playing 40mpg

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm surprised Paul George isn't doing more for this OKC team to be honest.. https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/portlan...er-2018032525/

Melo was a no show in this OKC loss tonight.. You can see his numbers in the link above... He's clearly not fitting in, was never a shut down defensive player either.. I blame the coaching mostly for not making these players click after all this time.. OKC is in trouble...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-25-18 at 08:42 PM.

IBetYou

This Billy Donovan, what a cuck. Says he left 'melo on the bench down the stretch because 'melo said he could. Now 'melo says he was disappointed he wasn't put back in for the final shot of regulation. Who's running this team? Time for Westbrook to step in and tell this lame d1(k coach what to do.

IBetYou

He just doesn't want to rock the boat. He's afraid he will lose the lockerroom. No Phil Jackson's coaching in the NBA these days. He was the boss, always...

stevenash

23 points/9 boards last night, he did a nice job.
    Only Russ BallHog had more.

Hey, I'm not saying CA is Wilt Chamberlain, but give him a little cred.

IBetYou

You think he did a nice job because he had 23 & 9? How about the fact his opposite, Milsap, went for 36 & 9 on 13/18 shooting. As usual they come charging back from a deficit with him on the bench and then lose when he returns. Thunder seem doomed.

IBetYou

I'm watching it on replay now... his defense...

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

To many fatasses just glance at boxscore numbers without ever having played the game in their lives

IBetYou

I read a quote from Donovan a week or so ago, when a reporter asked him why he's still trusting Anthony, he said because he's a great talker on defense. That's why I say he's a cuck. Just blowing smoke up his ar se in hope that they can remain friends.

You only need to see Anthony play for about 5 mins to see the lack of awareness, boxing out his man, helping the helper. Part of it is lack of athleticism and part of it is simply lack of interest. At this point it's like expecting an untrained mut to follow commands.

First 123 Last