View Poll Results: murder or self defense?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • murder!

21 70.00%
  • self defense

9 30.00%
    funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    judge gave him 28 (he elected to have the judge sentence him other than a jury a week or so before the trial started); the states plea offer was 40 years (so he had to try the case with that being the state's best offer); but in texas, you get 3 for 1 if you behave; thus 28/3= a little over 9 yrs.....
    Wow...didn't know you get 1/3 time for murder

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Donk

Why is there no pre meditation or similar deliberation / charges here.

Sounded as thou he was baited into the confrontation. Self defense should not have been an option...case out to have plead out.
    texas doesnt require premeditation or motive to establish murder

defense really had no option but to try it, as the only available plea to accept was 40 years tdcj from what I found in the record after the trial was concluded (i obviously didn't violate the judge's instruction not to go and try and do your own investigation of the crime, but rather consider only the evidence admitted at trial).... but if there was no lesser offer, he had no choice but to go to trial. and, it is very possible, knowing the harris county da's office, that he received a better offer than 40 yrs just before or even during trial, but the defense obviously rejected it, as we rendered a verdict.... hell, in tex, as in most states, you can plea out even as the jury is deliberating.....

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

Definitely, some interesting variables. Somebody will probably get OG's GF drunk someday and she will admit to hiding OG's weapon. The defendant deserves his time in jail - if he would have have got away with this event - he probably would have done it again or even been challenged by someone else. For all we know one of OG's buddies would have got him. The jury probably did him a favor by putting him in jail.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Definitely, some interesting variables. Somebody will probably get OG's GF drunk someday and she will admit to hiding OG's weapon. The defendant deserves his time in jail - if he would have have got away with this event - he probably would have done it again or even been challenged by someone else. For all we know one of OG's buddies would have got him. The jury probably did him a favor by putting him in jail.
    he'd already caught more charges while out on bail, and had a prior aggravated armed robbery conviction as a TEEN....

no doubt we're safer in htown without this young g running the streets.....

and likely the 59 Bloods would've taken him down at some point....

Auto Donk

shit , up to 20-9, almost a third say not guilty......

interesting..... tho I am at peace with my verdict.....

hope young g fares well in prison, and gets out with good time with some of his life left to turn it around.....

he shows up at my house, I'll know it's time to come heavy....

(his girlfriend, on the street, before she knew i was the lawyer on the jury, said "we thought the damn lawyer would realize it was self defense and let him go; he let us down" -- so they guy is obviously gonna hold me at fault.....)

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

You can look in the mirror when you get up in the morning and see the face of someone you respect. Thank you for your service! The defendant got a fair trial from a jury of his peers. That being said - if there were 10 trials of the same kind of thing with different juries the defendant might be found innocent 3 times. Justice just is not an exact science.

I wish you the best! It would be interesting to hear what the judge would say - whether he agreed with the jury?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Who gives a fukk about the case, tell us about how during deliberations you hammered one of the female jurors from behind as another one licked your asshole while all of the male jurors stood and watched jerking off and admiring you

holy shyt that's funny!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Guy messed up having the Judge decide how long. Seems like he could have got 20 and done a little less than 7 if he had went with the jury. 7 years seems fair for the situation. 9 isn’t all that bad either. System is ass backwards a lot of the time. Pedophiles, and rapists get less time than drug users or dealers. Murder gets less than users or dealers a lot of the time as well.

Anyway, good work Donker. Well done by you and the rest of the jury. Sucks that someone died because of something so meaningless that they probably didn’t care about 5 minutes after it happened. Young G calling out the other side for a fight and OG after being called to do the fighting. Just went through the motions and both probably hoped the other would disappear. OG should have just said nah, fck that from the start. Wasn’t even his fight to fight.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    You can look in the mirror when you get up in the morning and see the face of someone you respect. Thank you for your service! The defendant got a fair trial from a jury of his peers. That being said - if there were 10 trials of the same kind of thing with different juries the defendant might be found innocent 3 times. Justice just is not an exact science.

I wish you the best! It would be interesting to hear what the judge would say - whether he agreed with the jury?
    judge was a nice black woman who was swept into office on hiLIARy's coattails in the strongly blue Harris County Texas.... (hispanics and blacks are the majority)..... she talked to us after the verdict, very upbeat, and told us "you made the right decision".... then she gave him 28 yrs in the pen, which should mean a little more than 9 yrs with good time, assuming young g can keep his ass out of trouble in the pen, which may not be easy if there are any of OG's boys ridin the pine in there with him......

but she wholeheartedly agreed with our verdict.... (as I noted a couple of times, young g elected to have her sentence him, and probably a bad decision, as we'd have been in the 20-25 yr range; the state had offered him 40 yrs in a plea deal before trial, which he wisely rejected).

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Guy messed up having the Judge decide how long. Seems like he could have got 20 and done a little less than 7 if he had went with the jury. 7 years seems fair for the situation. 9 isn’t all that bad either. System is ass backwards a lot of the time. Pedophiles, and rapists get less time than drug users or dealers. Murder gets less than users or dealers a lot of the time as well.

Anyway, good work Donker. Well done by you and the rest of the jury. Sucks that someone died because of something so meaningless that they probably didn’t care about 5 minutes after it happened. Young G calling out the other side for a fight and OG after being called to do the fighting. Just went through the motions and both probably hoped the other would disappear. OG should have just said nah, fck that from the start. Wasn’t even his fight to fight.
    exactly, I'd have leaned toward 7 yrs actual time, ie, 22 yrs instead of 28..... we didn't deliberate at all on sentence since we weren't deciding it, so I have no idea how the others felt, but think we'd have come in 20-25, saving young g a few years for sure.....

and, agree with your sentiments exactly on how senseless the event was, and how both parties probably gave so little thought into the events that unfolded, and how rapidly it escalated once guns were introduced into the situation.... bad deal all the way around, but hard to undo once lethal force gets displayed and shit goes down quick.
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 03-13-18 at 09:04 AM.

Auto Donk

one other note, we only had one half black juror on the panel; and given the heavy hispanic/black populations in h-town, it indicated, as did the entire jury room the morning of selection, how few hispanics/blacks honor their jury summons.....

OJ got a handful of black jurors on his jury; young g should have had more -- but they simply didn't show up to the courthouse that fateful day when we were impaneled.....

wound up with two hispanics, one asian, one mulatto, and 8 whites..... six females, six males...

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

I feel like I wasted time reading this
    who cares

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    I feel like I wasted time reading this
    who cares
    perfect example of why there's such division in our nation.... too many similarly just don't give a shit about their fellow citizen.....

hope you don't get people with that attitude on any jury that ever has to make a decision on something very important to you in your life....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

OJ was innocent

We will never know who did it

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    OJ was innocent

We will never know who did it