Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    For a third round pick.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

The Browns are kicking ass today. Tyrod to train up the rookies, Landry at WR and Damarius at CB. Wow. I am jacked as a Browns fan.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

But why give up a 3rd round pick for a guy that has one year on his contract??

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Browns are kicking ass today. Tyrod to train up the rookies, Landry at WR and Damarius at CB. Wow. I am jacked as a Browns fan.
    Yeah, they could use him as an example how a QB position is not supposed to be played.

But why give up a 3rd round pick for a guy that has one year on his contract??
    Now that Eagles have done it and won the superbowl, it's a new trend. Only that Roseman wasn't making a dumb trades like this one.

Buffalo for getting a 3rd round pick for a guy on hi way out

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

OMG are they going in with the mindset he'll be their starter?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Browns are gonna actually be interesting to watch the next five years. Hope they take Barkley then a QB. Though Barkley and Chubb are the two best in my opinion. Too bad that they still need to draft a QB. They gotta take Barkley. Time to get some more playmakers in Cleveland. Now with Landry too they could be fun to watch. Depends on which QB they take. Can they finally draft the right guy?!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Obviously drafting Barkley then Rosen or Mayfield (whoever is available).

Bluehorseshoe

Kiser went to Green Bay in that other deal. lol

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Kiser went to Green Bay in that other deal. lol
    The missing piece of the puzzle.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

should be interesting to see how the draft goes

i'm rooting for the Browns

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Feel the same - hearing this news made my day.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5-11 with great year

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Kiser is the future in GB. Guy is class and has composure. Just watch.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Is that idiot from the Dodgers still running their football operations???

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Kiser is the future in GB. Guy is class and has composure. Just watch.
    I don't think he's that bad. He only had one year.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry could be interesting

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry could be interesting
    They also have Corey Coleman, so Landray will play slot and NJoku at TE. Crowell and Duke plus add Barkley and this offense is formidable. The Browns were in most games last year until Kizer turned the ball over. Dude had like 30+ turnovers on the year with like 12 in the red zone. That is fukking unheard of. You put in a guy like Tyrod, who can take care of the ball and you're looking at an 8 win team easily. The Browns run defense is already one of the best in the league and now you shore up the secondary and look out. Big Ben getting older, so is Flacco in Baltimore. Cinci is a fukking mess. This might be a great year to take a futures bet on the Browns.

redlily
    redlily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Tyrod is good qb. Thing is he's black. Doesnt put up points. But great job for the browns.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Hue Jackson has no excuses this year. The pressure will be on him to exponentially improve.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by redlily View Post
    Tyrod is good qb. Thing is he's black. Doesnt put up points. But great job for the browns.
    Nah, nobody cares that he's black. Alex Smith was being criticised for similar things and he is not black. Bottom line is that the guy is backup QB in the NFL. And why would you give a high 3rd round pick for him? First of all, he's not worth it. And second, Buffalo would give it for conditional 7th, as soon as they get someone else in FA or the draft.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

rather have aj mccarron than taylor

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

They also have Corey Coleman, so Landray will play slot and NJoku at TE. Crowell and Duke plus add Barkley and this offense is formidable. The Browns were in most games last year until Kizer turned the ball over. Dude had like 30+ turnovers on the year with like 12 in the red zone. That is fukking unheard of. You put in a guy like Tyrod, who can take care of the ball and you're looking at an 8 win team easily. The Browns run defense is already one of the best in the league and now you shore up the secondary and look out. Big Ben getting older, so is Flacco in Baltimore. Cinci is a fukking mess. This might be a great year to take a futures bet on the Browns.
    8 wins

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    completely agree and you would think that the Browns might have had the inside track on signing him with Hue Jackson being the offensive coordinator in Cinci prior to becoming the HC for Cleveland.

not only that, but they gave up a 3rd rounder for Taylor who is only on a 1 year contract...do they plan on signing him longterm or did they just waste a 3rd rounder? either way, they got fleeced in this deal.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you are jacked as a Browns fan, then you are even crazier than I thought you were, and that was darn crazy. Go away amateur.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    McCarron would have cost more. The Browns don't care about that 3rd round pick. They still have FIVE (5) other picks before that one. Taylor too Buffalo to the playoffs for the first time in forever in a cold weather, wind location that is similar to Cleveland. If he can do it in Buffalo, imagine what he can do in Cleveland with a much more versatile offense. Believe it or not but Cleveland will have one of the best receivers in the league. A friend of mine just saw Josh Gordan the other day and said he looks roided up. The best shape of his life. You get a QB like Taylor who can take care of the ball and get it to guys like Gordan and Coleman?

Go back to the Browns last year. They were in every game last year but 2 (Cinci and Bears). They were leading in most games into halftime and even the 4th quarter. It wasn't until Kizer did some dumb shit turnover that killed them. I watched every game and they were money in the 1st half and a great fade in the 2nd half because of the QB. A solid QB that can limit turnovers and let the defense dictate the game is what the Browns need. McCarron is OVER RATED. They'll take a QB in the draft but bring him up behind Taylor.

Browns with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds including the #1 and #4. They have finally done something right and I'm one of their biggest critics.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    8 wins

What odds will you give me for the Browns to win 8 games???

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Hue Jackson has no excuses this year. The pressure will be on him to exponentially improve.
    Yep, it is all on Hue this year. Zero excuses. If he's the QB whisperer he's supposed to be, we shall see. If not, his ass is gone. I think if they don't make the playoffs, he's history.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

McCarron would have cost more. The Browns don't care about that 3rd round pick. They still have FIVE (5) other picks before that one. Taylor too Buffalo to the playoffs for the first time in forever in a cold weather, wind location that is similar to Cleveland. If he can do it in Buffalo, imagine what he can do in Cleveland with a much more versatile offense.
    This is the stupidest line of thinking that one franchise can have. Cleveland has a lot of ground to cover to become even an average team, so every pick matters. To me it's crazy that they gave up 3rd, because Buffalo didn't even like Taylor. I believe that they were super happy to offload his 16mil contract that was going against their cap.
    And he didn't take them to playoffs. He was part of it, but not really in a main role. Trying to replace him with a 5th round rookie in the middle of a playoff hunt can tell you how much confidence the coaching staff had in him. That's why I don't understand giving up 3rd round pick for him. Buffalo would be happy to send him to Cleveland for a conditional 7th.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    This is the stupidest line of thinking that one franchise can have. Cleveland has a lot of ground to cover to become even an average team, so every pick matters. To me it's crazy that they gave up 3rd, because Buffalo didn't even like Taylor. I believe that they were super happy to offload his 16mil contract that was going against their cap.
    And he didn't take them to playoffs. He was part of it, but not really in a main role. Trying to replace him with a 5th round rookie in the middle of a playoff hunt can tell you how much confidence the coaching staff had in him. That's why I don't understand giving up 3rd round pick for him. Buffalo would be happy to send him to Cleveland for a conditional 7th.
    Obviously, the Browns agreed to a 3rd, so they see something in Taylor. I think he's worth a 3rd as well. We shall soon see.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16678

4-12 next year