RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You might have to order those steaks on margin. Lord, they're expensive. Good but so overpriced.
    My stuff has been sagging every day for the past two weeks.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    It's been a rough week for S@P500 index. Maybe a recovery today?
    the morning bounce was a dead kitty unfortunately. we have some headwinds and downward pressure that we need to push through but the bull market climbs the wall of worry.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Two of most hawkish Fed chairs now selling millions in stock for “ethical” reasons after they’ve cleaned house spiking the punch bowl and now ready to sell before leave “hard and fast” taper...They should be forced to hold their stock and meet the same fate of all those retirees...friggin scum
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/09/feds...-concerns.html
    ...Federal Reserve regional presidents Robert Kaplan and Eric Rosengren said Thursday they will sell individual stock holdings amid ethics concerns regarding trading in 2020.

The Fed officials will sell all their stocks by Sept. 30 and put the proceeds in passive investments, they said in statements released Thursday.

“While my personal saving and investment transactions have complied with the Federal Reserve’s ethics rules, I have decided to address even the appearance of any conflict of interest by taking the following steps,” Rosengren, president of the Boston Fed, said.

The two officials also pledged to not trade stocks will serving as Fed presidents...
    Un-fukkin-real.

How can these guys actively trade stocks while forming Fed policy.

Geeeezus.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    the morning bounce was a dead kitty unfortunately. we have some headwinds and downward pressure that we need to push through but the bull market climbs the wall of worry.
    Yep. No appetite for buyers. We probably need a bit of a strong sell off to cleanse the palate and shake out the weak hands.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10212

Waiting for vix to hit the dab line and it’s just another BTFD

homie1975

Waiting for vix to hit the dab line and it’s just another BTFD
    I agree. watching the VIX and the VXN very closely over the next several sessions..............

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

FYI - SQ Square

This Stock is Entering Another Period of Massive Growth | Daily Trade Alert

2 thirds of adults between 18-29 don't have a CC???? You could have cleaned me betting this was true!

A few excerpts from the full article:

Over the past couple of years, over one-third of U.S. consumers have used BNPL services.

A survey by Bankrate showed that only one in three adults between the ages 18 to 29 has a credit card.

Shares of Square stock now trade above the 50-day moving average, and well above the 200-day moving average, indicating a bullish breakout is in the works for the fintech company. Analysts set a high price target of $380 per share for the next 12 months, with the average target at $306.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post

2 thirds of adults between 18-29 don't have a CC???? You could have cleaned me betting this was true!

Over the past couple of years, over one-third of U.S. consumers have used BNPL services.

A survey by Bankrate showed that only one in three adults between the ages 18 to 29 has a credit card.

Shares of Square stock now trade above the 50-day moving average, and well above the 200-day moving average, indicating a bullish breakout is in the works for the fintech company. Analysts set a high price target of $380 per share for the next 12 months, with the average target at $306.
    skewed heavily to the 18-22 side because parents don't want their children spending like drunken sailors.

i will give my children prepaid ************ when they are early teens to teach them how to handle money.

it is probably a good thing that most <30 year olds do not have a credit card

trobin31

Have been doing quite a bit of research into evtols...basically flying cars or urban air mobility...after reviewing several companies, based on mileage distance, battery & AI software technology, as well as profile on venture and institutional investors, I have needled down to two companies. I’ll be dollar cost averaging into these two companies over the next few years at deep discount sell offs...these are 5 year trades and will be important to stay engaged in the sector landscape as surely some competitor could arise from no where.

$JOBY aiming to become the Uber of evtols Joby has backing of Reid Hoffman and boarded by veterans of Google, pins, zoox and founder led. The vertical take off will be ideal for urban areas....it’s very possible JOBY will be the ride sharing vehicle of the future.

$QELL..spac (Lillium)....German based company looking to be the high end corporate travel evtol, the quality of engineering appears to be head and shoulders above, I can see this company being the Tesla of Evtols.

if you have small kids, grandkids or whatever, and you are looking at potential 100x baggers to pass along within their lifetime, these two appear to be worth a 1-3% high upside risk of the portfolio. I was very skeptical about flying cars, still skeptical but much less so, pretty sure we are in the same position we were in 2010 about EVs.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Have been doing quite a bit of research into evtols...basically flying cars or urban air mobility...after reviewing several companies, based on mileage distance, battery & AI software technology, as well as profile on venture and institutional investors, I have needled down to two companies. I’ll be dollar cost averaging into these two companies over the next few years at deep discount sell offs...these are 5 year trades and will be important to stay engaged in the sector landscape as surely some competitor could arise from no where.

$JOBY aiming to become the Uber of evtols Joby has backing of Reid Hoffman and boarded by veterans of Google, pins, zoox and founder led. The vertical take off will be ideal for urban areas....it’s very possible JOBY will be the ride sharing vehicle of the future.

$QELL..spac (Lillium)....German based company looking to be the high end corporate travel evtol, the quality of engineering appears to be head and shoulders above, I can see this company being the Tesla of Evtols.

if you have small kids, grandkids or whatever, and you are looking at potential 100x baggers to pass along within their lifetime, these two appear to be worth a 1-3% high upside risk of the portfolio. I was very skeptical about flying cars, still skeptical but much less so, pretty sure we are in the same position we were in 2010 about EVs.
    What's the sector here? Automakers?

Aviation?

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    What's the sector here? Automakers?

Aviation?
    likely disrupts both, I think of it as cheaper, quieter helicopter travel....current range is about 120-160 miles, so I can see people who commute long distances from home to work or a night out would utilize similar to how Uber is used. The lack of fuel costs, updates over software vs mechanics...the cost could be lower versus taking train or driving...especially if ride sharing

trobin31

I do believe over time we will see some advances in hydrogen or gravitational waves that could really be the long term solution to air mobility, or battery tech advances enough to allow longer distances

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Caught that 9/11 giants game quip. So many don't get it. I try to show those things by example wtih my tracking Funds and play posts.

Also, thanks responding here this interesting stuff. It's rarely the first guys that go big though, someone always let's them make mistakes first or market first, then comes takeover.

I'm thinking things like myspace and facebook, and that kind evolution. Hard to see coming, but you mentioned it yourself with the need to stay engaged.

Interesting though, you are digging deep trobin.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post

I think in the future, given these platforms being so readily available, kids will be much smarter, they will say credit card, “nah” I’ll just borrow against my Zoom or Tesla stock, Bitcoin or NFT fractals in robinhood, square, SoFi, Coinbase....I don’t really think many can imagine the world of finance which is coming

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Thanks Hom. Enjoy the Hogs game but hopefully, for my sake, you don't enjoy it too much. 27- 20 Texas.
    Beatdown.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8701

So i know you don't believe it but the SPY is about down to a buy zone if they are going to bounce off of the 50 DMA (442) or close to it anyway (443.50) like they have been doing all year.

trobin31

Any 2024 leaps worth looking at?

Slurry Pumper

Finally got to the top of the buying range I have identified here at 443.50. So I'm buying SPY Calls for 460 at 0.37 (OCT 8). Jut stepping in here for about 100 contracts. I'll either stop and wait to buy more all the way down to 442, or just let it make me money on the way up.

Slurry Pumper

OK the SPY turned around like I said it would but is it going to continue? Who the hell knows. Right now the market closed right at the top of the break down candle from yesterday which is just under the 20 DMA. We have quadruple options closing this week so some weird stuff may happen in the next few days. So it ay be the dead cat bounce in action here as the market has been down for like 7 or 8 days in a row pretty much. I'll hang onto the options I have for the SPY for now which is about a 20 cent rise for the day. In the morning I'll look around the horn and decide if I'm cutting and running or riding the wave up.

trobin31

I mostly did more dollar cost averaging into CPNG BNGO PATH PACB this week while oversold and got overweight in IWM fir my retirement account to prep for Q4 window dressing.

all my swing trading has been in crypto recently, which I post in the bitcoin thread. These are pure Technical analysis plays, never traded anything with such clean price action just on TA, so if that’s your thing I’d say give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised. You don’t need to know anything about the token/project, although knowing which project has increasing utility and network effect. I mentioned before, after my research I believe our entire lives and economy will be reliant on blockchain technology within the next decade, so best to be early.

homie1975

I mostly did more dollar cost averaging into CPNG BNGO PATH PACB this week while oversold and got overweight in IWM fir my retirement account to prep for Q4 window dressing.

all my swing trading has been in crypto recently, which I post in the bitcoin thread. These are pure Technical analysis plays, never traded anything with such clean price action just on TA, so if that’s your thing I’d say give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised. You don’t need to know anything about the token/project, although knowing which project has increasing utility and network effect. I mentioned before, after my research I believe our entire lives and economy will be reliant on blockchain technology within the next decade, so best to be early.
    TROB I respect you a lot but i have a millenial cousin bro and another who is married to another cousin and they are both engineers by trade but killing it in the business world - they are always looking for the next big thing and they both have tons to of $$$ to invest but they both made strong and cogent cases that Crypto is basically bullshitt. it is perceived value based on nothing.

my only exposure is through my small position on COIN. i do not see a way where Crypto is something we are all reliant on by 2031..... maybe 2041 or 2051 but not 2031. unless you are making a clear distinction between crypto and blockchain tech.

i am willing to listen because i respect you greatly. at the same time i don't want to turn this Stock Thread into a crypto one :-)

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Blockchain is the future, but that doesn't have to translate to cryptos.

Whether or not cryptos are bullshit doesn't matter, as it trades to technical analysis.

Shit, probably one of the reasons so much tech analaysis works so well is that there is not much fundamental at all, it's all technical traders and algos taking advantage of public injections of funds.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    TROB I respect you a lot but i have a millenial cousin bro and another who is married to another cousin and they are both engineers by trade but killing it in the business world - they are always looking for the next big thing and they both have tons to of $$$ to invest but they both made strong and cogent cases that Crypto is basically bullshitt. it is perceived value based on nothing.

my only exposure is through my small position on COIN. i do not see a way where Crypto is something we are all reliant on by 2031..... maybe 2041 or 2051 but not 2031. unless you are making a clear distinction between crypto and blockchain tech.

i am willing to listen because i respect you greatly. at the same time i don't want to turn this Stock Thread into a crypto one :-)
    Yes, very clear distinction between crypto(assets) and use of blockchain(web 3.0)

last year I knew nothing about crypto or blockchain.

I took the additional time I had last year to read “life after google” and “blockchain revolution”

I utilized the free open course “blockchain and finance” taught at MIT by the current Chairman of the SEC.

outside of artificial intelligence, the greatest amount of capital will flow into blockchain development over the next decade. I will say that again, the second largest amount of capital/money, both corporate and personal, will be going into crypto related assets and infrastructure. This is not a topic u can afford to brush off...banks and governments are scared shitless. And they are going thru great pains to create FUD in this sector. I would say not only is this one of the most pertinent topics for this thread, but the method in which you trade stocks will absolutely be on blockchain technology.

homie1975

okay we are in deep red in the pre and this week's fed meeting on Weds looms............

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17651

Shove the rest in or is this the start of something bigger?????

Slurry Pumper

I think things bottom out this week. The Fed is going to come out and say that he is holding off with the tapering. yeah no shit dude. He can't taper even if he wanted to he is pot bound to use a poker term. Anyways, the China thing will flush out some weak hands. We'll see how resilient the markets are because today sets up for a lower low in the technicals for the first time this year. Today and tomorrow will be interesting if the computer algos get going it could get allot worse before it turns around all by the end of the week. \

I'm probably a buyer sometime Wednesday in all likelihood after the fed announcement.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26095

What is the FED gonna announce? I wonder how much leverage and margin calls out there. Crypto is dropping too, weird situation.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I think things bottom out this week. The Fed is going to come out and say that he is holding off with the tapering. yeah no shit dude. He can't taper even if he wanted to he is pot bound to use a poker term. Anyways, the China thing will flush out some weak hands. We'll see how resilient the markets are because today sets up for a lower low in the technicals for the first time this year. Today and tomorrow will be interesting if the computer algos get going it could get allot worse before it turns around all by the end of the week. \

I'm probably a buyer sometime Wednesday in all likelihood after the fed announcement.
    I wonder if somebody knows something about the Fed announcement not being so positive for stocks. Feels like BTFD folks holding the market "steady" while smart money in the know flees before the real flames.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post

I’m reevaluating Wednesday, not sure it’s buy time, yet.

Tough to time. I’ve got a couple Sports charts and toss in here later, market charts. Then I’ll start putting some screens and searches in here, like I used to.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

Everytime she speaks bad things seem to happen.

Full article: Yellen warns failure to raise debt ceiling could trigger 'economic catastrophe' (msn.com)

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen renewed her call for Congress to raise or suspend the nation's debt before October, warning that failure to do so could trigger an unprecedented financial crisis in the U.S.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Can’t wait for the trillion dollar platinum coin!!!!!

lmao.

trobin31

$VIX breakout is legit here, wouldn’t ape into a position, incremental bites until we break back below
    Attached Images  

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

$VIX breakout is legit here, wouldn’t ape into a position, incremental bites until we break back below
    Not sure which technicals you have in your image, can't see it.

I went ahead and took a snip from the Schwab screen, just the 20 and 50 SMA, but if you were trying to show another metric, let me know and I'll try to get it up here...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's that VIX since the beginning of 2020.

Man it got crazy early last year, right about when sports was cancelled and the world was cancellled...

trobin31

Nevermind, I suck at attaching. There’s a trendline we broke above going back to March 2020 on vix, looking for a retest before seeing what direction we are going
    Attached Images  

First ... 299300301302303304305 ... Last