trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

The only things I am certain of right now are rates will rise and bitcoin goes to Uranus...hence I am still adding DB and recently added NYCB...regardless of COVID the rates should continue to creep up, I doubt full closures occur unless COVID variants run rampant. Even then, Texas was very telling many states aren’t gonna close fully ever again unless their ICUs are overwhelmed. So, I am watching the hotels and airlines to see if they catch another beat down due to Covid cases but I’m out of Southwest Airlines and Norwegian for now...I do not think Covid will hinder the bullish momentum for energy and sitting tight on XOM and SLB, SLB if you didn’t know is also getting into Lithium mining services in Nevada.

I see a simple rotation and broadening of a bull market into cyclicals...but I am not an expert or macro analysts.

I am sitting in a corner and hawk-eyeing MT and FSTR for commodity plays given I expect an infrastructure bill to pass at some point. If you listen to Biden speech today he said investing on American infrastructure and creating jobs is a #1 priority especially when it comes to keeping up with China and Dems have 1.8 months now to get it done before mid terms.

there are so many great discounts right now...I posted my high convictions and patiently waiting for bottoms there...this is not the dot com bubble despite what many think..sure, it will be a laggard year for tech but that just means you trade the reopening if it happens and keep adding to those I mentioned...it’s not rocket science...bitcoin and blockchain is the most important innovation of our lifetime and will devour data centers...Bitcoin is a no brainer...If you believe in blockchain as a propert of future economy replacing cloud centers then ethereum dot and cardano are worth a look.

If you are starting to see more Tesla on the road every day and homes with solar panels this ought to tell you something!

if you find yourself paying for clothing, meals and groceries with your phone thru PayPal or Square this outta tell you something

if you decided to cancel your cable subscription and now subscribing thru smart tv or just watching on your phone..who allows these features..the future is closer than you think

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Good Stuff Trobs, give em somethin to think about.

So yesterday the market looked like it was going to tank and went all the way down to what I consider a big spot around 384 before the SPY called in the repair crew. It happened about an hour before Biden started to speak so I can't totally say I predicted it, but close enough.

Today is more of the same, market starts up and floats up going into the end of the week. I assess the overall market on the weekend, but I see a lot of divergences with the various markets and today on a Friday no less I'm puttin out there a short play in the XLF. Sometime today, probably going into the close but if things turn it may happen sooner, I will Short the XLF, or even FAZ for the ultra short play. It is a short play against the high in the XLF of 35.29. The price yesterday at the close was 33.84, and it is gonna pop up today to so the deal is until or unless the price creeps above the 35.29 level ON THE DAILY CLOSE, I'll be short. If it does close above that level, I cut and run. If you look at the numbers, I'm willing to let the price rise about 4% before I hit the road. Its actually going to be a little less because I'm waiting for the float today but whatever I'll put it up on the board. I expect this trade to last about a week or 2 before getting out around support levels of 31. So doing the numbers again, that's 8% target. Actually a little more depending on how much of a push there is today.

Slurry Pumper

Ok just step into my before mentioned short of XLF, actually took a 1/4 position in FAZ with the SPY hitting resistance. I do expect the XLF to pull back today, but the overall market can and probably will float into the close so I am still holding back my entire short position a little bit unless shyt falls apart here quickly.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

Trobin whats your outlook/projections on BTC from 53k+++onwards as of now?

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    There is nothing fundamentally wrong with BTC, it bounced very cleanly with a long sharp wick at the bottom of the K channel, right now the dollar is moving everything...once the dollar chills expect another leg up...I have been buying a lot of GBTC while the NAV is negative.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    bought some last week...which means it’s about to stall or flat out tank. My apologies in advance.
    told ya (nio) . I can bring just about any industry to its knees with my measly investments. i should invest in oil. itd be $1.29/gal in no time!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I don't understand how people can think bitcoin is gonna go to "Saturn." Sure, I can see it going to like 80k in the next couple years, but I think it has a lot of downside too. People are accumulating wealth and getting greedy in the crypto sphere like never before, and we usually know how greed works out. All it takes is for someone important to say "we are looking into ways to regulate bitcoin" for it to sink 20% in one day. Crypto is a huge bubble. All stocks are bubbles and crypto has not had any kind of sell off like what we're experiencing in the stock market right now.

I told Trobin months ago, you can look at my posts on here, that Tesla was way overvalued. This was when it was in the 800s, and he claimed it was going to 3000. I told him that every other car company in the world is working on EVs and gonna pump them all out in less than 2 years. Tesla is not a monopoly, in fact, they are probably going to get crushed long term by the likes of high end car manufacturers ike BMW and Mercedes etc. No one is going to by a tesla for 90k when you can get a high end mercedes EV for 90k. So I think Tesla will stay under 1,000 for the foreseeable future. Still a good company overall if you get in at the right price.

DISTROYA

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    told ya (nio) . I can bring just about any industry to its knees with my measly investments. i should invest in oil. itd be $1.29/gal in no time!
    You should see my portfolio....put yours to shame.
    Bought my son 1 mere gold chain went from 2000 to 1700/oz. Gold should be 5000/oz with crazy $$$ printed infinitely.
    Started "investing" early February 2021, 1 week later nasdaq bombed and hasnt recovered since.
    Didnt touch DOW so its on fire. Shall I dare begin and sent it tumbling 5000 points on Monday?
    Bought 10 or so A rated mutual funds, down 20% already in less than 1.5 months.
    Anyone want me to curse a stock? Please let me know to buy few shares so u can benefit shorting.
    Looking for some aged sharp cheddar to pair with this wine

Slurry Pumper

You should see my portfolio....put yours to shame.
    Bought my son 1 mere gold chain went from 2000 to 1700/oz. Gold should be 5000/oz with crazy $$$ printed infinitely.
    Started "investing" early February 2021, 1 week later nasdaq bombed and hasnt recovered since.
    Didnt touch DOW so its on fire. Shall I dare begin and sent it tumbling 5000 points on Monday?
    Bought 10 or so A rated mutual funds, down 20% already in less than 1.5 months.
    Anyone want me to curse a stock? Please let me know to buy few shares so u can benefit shorting.
    Looking for some aged sharp cheddar to pair with this wine
    I see why you picked the name Distroya. As in killer of wealth.
    Don't worry about Gold, tomorrow I will post my long term stuff and I have basically stacked Gold and Gold miners up my ass and been taking it hard. Both of which have really sucked over the last 8 months. In terms of the Gold miners, they have been killing it with profits but still no love from the investment community, but it doesn't matter, I think gold will have another big run here by the end of the year so all will be good.

Can I get you to purchase some financial stocks, say maybe an ETF called XLF. I shorted it a little bit this morning and then hammered it pretty hard just before the bell. Just kidding, hang in there there are divergences all over the market and that will happen just before a downturn of epic proportions. I am in the camp of get a in ground shelter because I think things will get really bad and before the end of the year. Actually I think I'm on record for around May I think. That feels about right.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't understand how people can think bitcoin is gonna go to "Saturn." Sure, I can see it going to like 80k in the next couple years, but I think it has a lot of downside too. People are accumulating wealth and getting greedy in the crypto sphere like never before, and we usually know how greed works out. All it takes is for someone important to say "we are looking into ways to regulate bitcoin" for it to sink 20% in one day. Crypto is a huge bubble. All stocks are bubbles and crypto has not had any kind of sell off like what we're experiencing in the stock market right now.

I told Trobin months ago, you can look at my posts on here, that Tesla was way overvalued. This was when it was in the 800s, and he claimed it was going to 3000. I told him that every other car company in the world is working on EVs and gonna pump them all out in less than 2 years. Tesla is not a monopoly, in fact, they are probably going to get crushed long term by the likes of high end car manufacturers ike BMW and Mercedes etc. No one is going to by a tesla for 90k when you can get a high end mercedes EV for 90k. So I think Tesla will stay under 1,000 for the foreseeable future. Still a good company overall if you get in at the right price.
    Goat I love you...I told you to holla at me in 2025...showing up here beating your chest when the dollar is spiking after they printed 1.4T?(how long you think that lasts?) and yields spikes?

Fundamentally Tesla has DOMINANCE over vehicle software...that’s what you don’t understand...you still think a vehicle is a combustible engine you need to bring in for parts and oil changes...Do you even understand the advantage Tesla has? I bet you said Amazon was overvalued because everyone else wld do the same thing.....have you ever even rode in a Tesla?

I’m gonna break this down one last time so maybe you’ll understand

I give zero Fuks if Tesla goes to $10...why...because I know what I own...

here’s what I know...

Tesla is a driving computer..
    Tesla can repair its fukin self..no oil change..no spark plug changes
    Tesla has Billions of artificial intelligence data to allow autonomous driving...does your brain even comprehend what that means?
    Tesla is a penetrating energy storage unit..you can power your fukin house..sell the power to your neighbor...are you starting to understand?
    Tesla+SpaceX=Full autonomous drives from Florida to San Francisco...take your ambien and wake up 72 hours later or watch the entire Game of thrones series or wack off the whole time...doesn’t matter..how much wld you say that’s worth?

Don’t come at me with your “Yeah...But” same retards did the same shit 20years ago about Apple Amazon Google...same thing happening now with Tesla and Bitcorns...you think I fear red days...

The most common thing I hear from older investors...dam...I wish I would’ve held such and such...if I’d only held blah blah blah I’d be filthy rich...don’t be that guy/gal! Hold you shyt together and buy the most beautiful disruptive companies on their dips...right now to me PLTR TSLA BTC ETH SE JD are companies I would be saying that to myself in 5-10 years...”gawd why did I sell?”

This isn’t about earning a few bucks now..it’s about having F you money later!

trobin31

If you are buying or selling stocks because it is going up or down day to day...minute to minute...you are trading....you are not investing....I say pretty clearly what I am trading and what I'm investing....Investing you would either have to achieve your 10X or you need money for your kids college or some life or death thing....

You NEED TO HAVE A PLAN BEFORE you buy.....

If you don't prepare...prepare to FAIL

KNOW the company you own...know it like you know you favorite team....This isn't the gambling channel on SBR

I get its a gambling forum....but that doesn't mean you need to always be in shill mode...try to give something back to people who might be listening. Try to instill good things. This is literally the only place on SBR I've seen someone strive to do that...

KUDOS to HOMIE...he should be SBR Man of the Century!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Goat I love you...I told you to holla at me in 2025...showing up here beating your chest when the dollar is spiking after they printed 1.4T?(how long you think that lasts?) and yields spikes?

Fundamentally Tesla has DOMINANCE over vehicle software...that’s what you don’t understand...you still think a vehicle is a combustible engine you need to bring in for parts and oil changes...Do you even understand the advantage Tesla has? I bet you said Amazon was overvalued because everyone else wld do the same thing.....have you ever even rode in a Tesla?

I’m gonna break this down one last time so maybe you’ll understand

I give zero Fuks if Tesla goes to $10...why...because I know what I own...

here’s what I know...

Tesla is a driving computer..
    Tesla can repair its fukin self..no oil change..no spark plug changes
    Tesla has Billions of artificial intelligence data to allow autonomous driving...does your brain even comprehend what that means?
    Tesla is a penetrating energy storage unit..you can power your fukin house..sell the power to your neighbor...are you starting to understand?
    Tesla+SpaceX=Full autonomous drives from Florida to San Francisco...take your ambien and wake up 72 hours later or watch the entire Game of thrones series or wack off the whole time...doesn’t matter..how much wld you say that’s worth?

Don’t come at me with your “Yeah...But” same retards did the same shit 20years ago about Apple Amazon Google...same thing happening now with Tesla and Bitcorns...you think I fear red days...

The most common thing I hear from older investors...dam...I wish I would’ve held such and such...if I’d only held blah blah blah I’d be filthy rich...don’t be that guy/gal! Hold you shyt together and buy the most beautiful disruptive companies on their dips...right now to me PLTR TSLA BTC ETH SE JD are companies I would be saying that to myself in 5-10 years...”gawd why did I sell?”

This isn’t about earning a few bucks now..it’s about having F you money later!
    Lol fair enough. I don't think you can get filthy rich of tesla at these levels. If I put 20k in Tesla at 700 bucks, and in 5 years it's 2000, how is that gonna do anything for me?

What I want you to do, is use this knowledge you have to find the next tesla or amazon or apple or whatever. Why are we investing in companies that are already established like this instead of taking a gamble on the next big one?

Yeah bro i'm not going to invest in bitcoin at 60 grand or whatever, it literally makes no sense, even if you double. your money in 2 years, it doesn't make sense because there is downside.

The only way people get rich off stocks is a) they invest millions into the big companies, collect dividends, watch share price steady go up. b) Or they invest in up and coming companies that 50x within 2 years. The latter happens all the time.

I'm just wondering why we're not focusing on those picks.

Slurry Pumper

Ok lets all take a look at what happened in all the markets over the last week and try to make sense of all the shyt that went down.

Starting off on the 3 month chart with daily closings.

After heading down for half the week and making it look like the SPY was going to break support of 384 on Thursday morning, which is still an important number that you may remember from a few weeks ago, I predicted the the Trick, Trap, Fool and Fuk You crew were going to come in right around the time Biden went out to take softball questions. Well it started about an hour before the press conference and never looked back, with a 2 day rip you a new one rally. The SPY was right on the brink to, things looked like a downward turn was inevitable and my prediction was going to be completely wrong which happens from time to time.

Take a look at the chart and you can see the Blue Trend (what we call "Hidden") line in the Engineering Field which acted like resistance for a month or so, has now flip the bitch on the market and is now support which the price bounced off like a super bouncy ball. This happens all the time day in and day out, you just have to take note and notice. The SPY ran a test right down to the trend line and support of 384 putting in a low of the week at 383.90. There are no coincidences or lucky occurrences, stocks have prices they need to go to and I'm just trying to figure out where those prices are.

Then after the low, the SPY blew right through the 50 DMA, 20 DMA , and even bitch slapped the 9DMA on the way past resistance of 394 in an impressive last hour of trading for the week. I really expected a bounce off the 50 DMA and since the 20DMA has been crossed several times lately that loses importance, but the 9 DMA has been getting tested as resistance on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before rising above. Even though I rode this rocket like Neil Armstrong right up until the last couple of minutes, I was really shocked at just how far it ran.

Now look at the volume chart in the middle of the picture, you can see there are more buyers than sellers. Not an over the top amount but still that is fairly bullish for a continued move higher. Now take a look at the stochastic lines on the bottom of the snap shot and you can see the Red line is crossing over the Purple line which is another indicator that things are on the way up. Of course the MACD is trending down but hey we can't get all the stuff in our favor all the time.

BTW the yellow line in the middle of the volume bars is my own trend-o-meter, it wasn't set correctly when I took the snapshot so pay no mind.

Now lets look at how the Qs did.

The QQQs started off the seek by getting over the 20 DMA and running up to the 50 DMA which is resistance, then on Tuesday, it came back a little before Wednesday's total gap and crap day which now represents a break down candle that I circled in Yellow, I know the yellow isn't really yellow but you can barely see it so I switched up the color slightly. Then on the rip you a new one rally for Thursday and Friday, the QQQs participated but just not to the same degree as the SPY. It sits right up near the breakdown candle high and the 50 DMA. It has the look of an index that you can short against the 50 DMA. Until and unless the daily price closes above the 50 DMA (321), this is a short play that I will be taking on Monday morning. If you'd like you can also buy the SQQQ which is the 3X short QQQ ETF. This is a little early however so I'll have to include another favorite indicator for the QQQs which happens to be the SMH.

So the 3 month chart with daily candles of the Semiconductors ETF shows why I look at them before deciding to just short the QQQs blindly based on just the QQQs chart. The semiconductors is kind of like the SPY's version of the IWM. A smaller sector that is used as a front runner.

You can see that on Tuesday last week this baby took a dive and continued on Wednesday only to turn around with everything else to run right up to recent resistance of around 241.5. Funny how all this just happens right? No everything has a place to be at and things are never a coincidence. Just like the SPY, it blasted through the 20 DMA, 9 DMA, and the 50 DMA to end poised to bust out like a strippers in a bikini top just after her implant surgery has healed. The volume is what I would call significantly higher during the rally days than it was during the selling days last week which is bullish. The MACD is rising while the stochastic indicators are pretty flat, but as I just typed about 5 paragraphs ago, we can't always have all the things working our way.

On Monday before shorting the QQQs, I will look to see if the SMH and the QQQ are in a gap up situation and probably let it go for the first half of the day before decided to jump in and short. If it is a good short, the SMH will back off or show signs of petering out before the QQQs hit the breakdown candle high. It will be a "tell" that this is just a test of resistance level. It however the SHM just rockets above further resistance levels of 247 at first and then 250 to continue, that will be a "tell" that things are not going to head back down south for the QQQs and the move is legit.

So now lets look at the short play I just entered in the final minutes of the week.

First off, it is rare for me to short anything on the Friday just before the close. Typically shyt happens over the weekend that can just more than likely fuk your day up, and it the reason people don't short going into the weekend is because no one wants to wake up Saturday morning and hear good news for a sector that they just shorted. Then they have to go through 2 days knowing that on Monday, they will be bending over and taking their drilling.

So this trade is over if the price closes above recent highs of 2 weeks ago. The price rode up with the rest of the market just like I told you it would do so if you shorted it with me don't give me any shyt about it just yet because I told you to short into the close.

Take a look at the volume. While other sectors are experiencing higher buying volume, the volume for the XLF is actually decreasing each day lately. the MACD is in decline and just because we can't have everything in our favor, the stochastics have turned back up.

I have to admit that the moves in the other markets have me worried that this may get caught up in the hype, and I also know that any move in any market typically requires the financial sector to participate, so I kind of expect a test of the high. You may still have time to join in the short play if you'd like, but remember if the price closed above the high close of 35.29, the play is over and it is time to take the loss then move on.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

trobin31

Lol fair enough. I don't think you can get filthy rich of tesla at these levels. If I put 20k in Tesla at 700 bucks, and in 5 years it's 2000, how is that gonna do anything for me?

What I want you to do, is use this knowledge you have to find the next tesla or amazon or apple or whatever. Why are we investing in companies that are already established like this instead of taking a gamble on the next big one?

Yeah bro i'm not going to invest in bitcoin at 60 grand or whatever, it literally makes no sense, even if you double. your money in 2 years, it doesn't make sense because there is downside.

The only way people get rich off stocks is a) they invest millions into the big companies, collect dividends, watch share price steady go up. b) Or they invest in up and coming companies that 50x within 2 years. The latter happens all the time.

I gave a list of 5 stocks all not named Tesla a week or two ago I feel with a high degree of confidence will 3-5x over the next 5 years. As far as penny stocks I am in UBMRF ASTI HLLPF ILUS SENS ITRM HMBL

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

You're looking for easy money, Dude. For every AMZN or TSLA that 50+ bags, there are hundreds if not thousands that go backwards, nowhere, or maybe 3 to 5x, over the course of ~5Y.

While chasing spec (not spac but spec) you're gona end up with less 5Y from now than u would have had u gone with the household names. Be my guest but just know that you're looking for lotto tix and not really investing.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    You're looking for easy money, Dude. For every AMZN or TSLA that 50+ bags, there are hundreds if not thousands that go backwards, nowhere, or maybe 3 to 5x, over the course of ~5Y.

While chasing spec (not spac but spec) you're gona end up with less 5Y from now than u would have had u gone with the household names. Be my guest but just know that you're looking for lotto tix and not really investing.
    A penny stock is a lotto ticket, but investing in good companies like Chewy or Carvana or Shopify early on... I wouldn't consider those "lotto tickets." Great companies at a great price point before they exploded. And many companies do explode.

Investing in apple or amazon isn't investing bro. It literally requires no skill to put money in those companies. So that would imply that investing requires no skill.

Everyone on the planet knows that amazon and apple and microsoft are great companies. You don't have any edge. It's no different than what we do with gambling. Are we sitting here betting on -500 favorites? No, we're looking for value, we think we have the edge on certain things that the books and the public don't know about.

That's how you win, when you find value where others can't. There's no such thing with amazon as finding "hidden value."

homie1975

A penny stock is a lotto ticket, but investing in good companies like Chewy or Carvana or Shopify early on... I wouldn't consider those "lotto tickets." Great companies at a great price point before they exploded. And many companies do explode.

Investing in apple or amazon isn't investing bro. It literally requires no skill to put money in those companies. So that would imply that investing requires no skill.

Everyone on the planet knows that amazon and apple and microsoft are great companies. You don't have any edge. It's no different than what we do with gambling. Are we sitting here betting on -500 favorites? No, we're looking for value, we think we have the edge on certain things that the books and the public don't know about.

That's how you win, when you find value where others can't. There's no such thing with amazon as finding "hidden value."
    what have you currently done or what will you do now and going forward, to find such value? are you listening to earnings calls? are you pouring over P&L reports / balance sheets to find out what these "great" companies at a "great price" are doing? researching book value to see where the hidden values are?

This all TAKES TIME. Lots and lots and lots of time. If someone does not have such time, it might be better to put money into an INDEX FUND like QQQ or SPY.

Without lifting a finger 5 years ago:

$10,000 put into QQQ 5 years ago is now worth just shy of $29,000

$10,000 put into SPY 5 years ago is now worth just over $19,000

$10,000 put into DIA 5 years ago is now worth just over $18,500

All of these above, without even looking a single report, listening to a single call, or even dollar cost averaging.

Want to get rich? it will take a lot of work. A LOT.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

lol if you guys believe investing requires skill.

Investing requires no skill, it requires money.

Computers can do all the rest of the work for you based on a simple questionairre.

Can you apply skill? Yes. Does it make a difference? Rarely.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    what have you currently done or what will you do now and going forward, to find such value? are you listening to earnings calls? are you pouring over P&L reports / balance sheets to find out what these "great" companies at a "great price" are doing? researching book value to see where the hidden values are?

This all TAKES TIME. Lots and lots and lots of time. If someone does not have such time, it might be better to put money into an INDEX FUND like QQQ or SPY.

Without lifting a finger 5 years ago:

$10,000 put into QQQ 5 years ago is now worth just shy of $29,000

$10,000 put into SPY 5 years ago is now worth just over $19,000

$10,000 put into DIA 5 years ago is now worth just over $18,500

All of these above, without even looking a single report, listening to a single call, or even dollar cost averaging.

Want to get rich? it will take a lot of work. A LOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    lol if you guys believe investing requires skill.

Investing requires no skill, it requires money.

Computers can do all the rest of the work for you based on a simple questionairre.

Can you apply skill? Yes. Does it make a difference? Rarely.
    Well isn't that why we partake in this thread? To help each other get rich? We don't need 300 pages of a thread to tell each other to invest in SPY or apple or facebook or amazon, do we?

Not all of us have a free 150 grand we can just dump into an index and watch it grow steadily. We have to take some chances in life.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

quarter ends Wednesday

thus ends the "window dressing" before a possible true correction.

Not Open Good Friday. April is a short month for options. Recommend selling calls.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Well isn't that why we partake in this thread? To help each other get rich? We don't need 300 pages of a thread to tell each other to invest in SPY or apple or facebook or amazon, do we?

Not all of us have a free 150 grand we can just dump into an index and watch it grow steadily. We have to take some chances in life.
    I know people don't like oil anymore, but check out RECAF at $2.69/share now. It's highly speculative, but could be up your alley. I'm invested heavily here. Like you said, at some point, we have to take chances.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave teecee 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    quarter ends Wednesday

thus ends the "window dressing" before a possible true correction.

Not Open Good Friday. April is a short month for options. Recommend selling calls.
    or a rotation back into tech and growth plays.

DISTROYA

Think tech and growth done for year...seems to be going nowhere but down week after week, but WTF do I know except looking at nothing but red every day

Goat Milk

PLTR is one I've kept my eye on for awhile. Seems like a good growth stock that COULD BE 100 in 2 years, but then again, I don't really know. It's so hard to judge stocks off fundamentals nowadays. Because all these kids have gotten in, it's all about perception nowadays. These kids have started a war with hedge funds essentially, and now it's a battle of greed. And the average trader, like me, is suffering.

PLTR is a good company, but where is the bottom? I'm sick of just investing in good companies these last few months, getting destroyed, and then people saying "Just wait, hold onto it for years." I want to actually find the bottom at some point, or something close to the bottom at least.

homie1975

^ GOATer I jumped in PLUG at 55ish and then averaged down when it got to the low 40s and I'm still losing my asss (on paper) but that's the way it goes sometimes w these trendy plays

homie1975

Think tech and growth done for year...seems to be going nowhere but down week after week, but WTF do I know except looking at nothing but red every day
    It's only March and 75% of the year is left. This is a marathon and we are at mile 6.5 out of 26 miles but you're already calling the race. Way too early, Dude.

trobin31

This is a great time to dollar cost average into tech...the world is not the same...artificial intelligence, EVs, remote work/learning, digital/streaming tV & advertising, virtual and genomic health care, blockchain...all of it was happening anyway but got accelerated by several years by the pandemic

I don’t know how old you are but if you expect to be able to spend money in 10 years you will be a sad panda if you don’t average in over the next year or two...

ill re-iterate...energy, reopening and infrastructure will outperform this year...so trade it and feed those profits into growth stonks.

DISTROYA

True and I am totally an amateur but I just don't see the rates/ bonds 10 yr or whatever the fcuk they are that hurts Tech stay under 2%... Already at 1.75 with 8 months to go.

homie1975

True and I am totally an amateur but I just don't see the rates/ bonds 10 yr or whatever the fcuk they are that hurts Tech stay under 2%... Already at 1.75 with 8 months to go.
    All boats rise w/ the muthaphukkin' tiiiiiidddee!!

it's amazing what a little patience will do.

support line of $13,000 on Nazzy holding up as i believed it would a month ago. so far so good. i know it can change on a dime but go ahead and enjoy this upwards melt........

Snowball

tech

Slurry Pumper

tech
    Its funny how the price for the week ends up right at resistance below a gap. Sets up a Bull / Bear battle royal that will probably make the overall market move with it next week. The QQQs have been up here at the 324 level 3 times in the last month or so. I predict that on Monday we get a big gap open. The market has been floating all week and been coming up short of the levels of daily inflection too. That tells me that a move is setting up that is pretty big. Down or Up I don't know but as I sit here with my tin foil hat on, I can feel it gaining energy, it just needs a catalyst to spark this thing off like a tesla coil.

Snowball

Slurry, the technicals are overheated. It has to pull in and give better confidence or it will peter out
    especially with the view that bond yields are rising. So I would hold off large purchases of stocks.
    Today was piggish and caused a ton of short covering on low volume that is unlikely to sustain higher highs
    for long.
    All it will take is rising yields then we go right back to the way tech was getting wrecked.
    Think about this. Why did Bill Gates sell 50% of his big tech holdings recently? Be careful.
    Cash IS a position. Remember the most euphoria happens at the climax, then you go to sleep.

Slurry Pumper

I hear ya Snowballer, I'm not in the QQQs or shorting them. I just think there is a big move coming either way. I am short the XLF against the high of a few weeks ago, but that is just starting so the position is mid-weight.

This whole week was piggish and floated as no one like to rock the boat going into the close of the quarter. Next week I think players come out and start playing. It is best to sit and wait until the direction is established.

homie1975

Slurry, the technicals are overheated. It has to pull in and give better confidence or it will peter out
    especially with the view that bond yields are rising. So I would hold off large purchases of stocks.
    Today was piggish and caused a ton of short covering on low volume that is unlikely to sustain higher highs
    for long.
    All it will take is rising yields then we go right back to the way tech was getting wrecked.
    Think about this. Why did Bill Gates sell 50% of his big tech holdings recently? Be careful.
    Cash IS a position. Remember the most euphoria happens at the climax, then you go to sleep.

First ... 273274275276277278279 ... Last