ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25064

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Yes and every Bear who screamed "the sky is falling" and sat on the sidelines with their dikks in their hands will 98% never have a chance to gain entry points into incredible companies like they had in march and april and even into early May.

it's 98% chance too late for that. so my unsolicited advice to anyone who remains on the sideline with his dikk in his hand is to begin slowly building positions in companies he likes.

example: if you have set aside $10,000 for a stock/company you really like, buy $3100 of the stock right now. if it goes down 15% buy an equal number of shares as this first purchase. if 15% down again buy the same amount of shares. 15% down again? buy again.

do the math and these 4 separate orders equal approx $10,000 in total

just using simple math here.

moral of the story, get off the sidelines and start putting your money to work.

UNSOLICITED ADVICE AND ENTER AT YOUR OWN PERIL

I just opened a position in WORKDAY

Makes good sense to me. I've been selling put options on stocks I'd like to own (tech and gold). The premium has been pretty good but invariably the market moved higher and I never purchased the stocks. Did more of the same today--actually hope the Bears are right this time and the market dips lower so I'd buy at the strike prices.
    Good luck.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Gold takes a big dive to below levels that it was holding this morning, so I basically doubled my position in GLD, and also added to GDX.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

here come the value buyers...

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Interesting, you guys have me looking at Gold stocks, which I’ve never owned before but the devaluation/inflationary apocalypse is inevitable.

help me out here...just from my scant amount of research actually owning the miners provides more leverage than the bullions?

I found a few gold related stocks I may be interested in buying

1) Equinox, EQX: Canadian gold miners, one of the few miners seeing growth, no dividend but I like having growth in an inflationary environment.

2) Sprott; SII: asset management company that specializes in precious metal ventures and has seen some phenomenal growth as well.

3) Sprott Physcial Gold; PHYS: basically own the gold bars, you can even go collect it out the vault if you want.

Any thoughts on these 3. I don’t really want to do the expense ratio of an etf but wondering if the lowered risk is worth it?

trobin31

I came across a company last week and after more studying I think its one someone may be interested.

** Aquabounty; AQB. In a nutshell they have gene edited salmon to grow 70% more efficiently, ie harvest size in less time(7 months less) and one could assume a lunch larger size in same time. So results in more food and half the cost and more environment friendly. unless I’m missing something could see substantial bite of the +20billion market share of salmon production and would be able to do it right here in the US. Already received go aheads from the FDA and Canadian health Admin. Sevral board members also sit on other major food company boards like Tyson, Bumblebee etc. Half the company is owned by insiders and these guys do not look like they are fuking around. Who knows, but they are very aggressively scaling production right here in the US and working on global partnerships. I was waiting for a pullback and we got one today so I entered at 4.71 at 10% planned allocation. There may be more pulling back to low $3s so I plan to add 10% here and there on the way down.
    https://aquabounty.gcs-web.com/stati...6-b5321e20dbb3

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I am in December calls for Hecla Mining.
    As long as this support holds. 5.20

Points Awarded:

trobin31 gave Snowball 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Interesting, you guys have me looking at Gold stocks, which I’ve never owned before but the devaluation/inflationary apocalypse is inevitable.

help me out here...just from my scant amount of research actually owning the miners provides more leverage than the bullions?

1) Equinox, EQX: Canadian gold miners, one of the few miners seeing growth, no dividend but I like having growth in an inflationary environment.

2) Sprott; SII: asset management company that specializes in precious metal ventures and has seen some phenomenal growth as well.

3) Sprott Physcial Gold; PHYS: basically own the gold bars, you can even go collect it out the vault if you want.

Any thoughts on these 3. I don’t really want to do the expense ratio of an etf but wondering if the lowered risk is worth it?
    EQX Just finished a new mining "dig" and should be producing actual gold out of it during a time when gold is expected to be at an all time high. I think they are going to expand their California operation over the next quarter and when that is done, they will produce 250,000 ounces give or take. Actually the miners are always over estimating how much they can get out of a mine in the beginning, or actually at any time, but still they have other gold mines and overall if they can get to 750,000 ounces from all of their operations, they should have a nice report card every 3 months for a while. All of their operations are in reasonably stable Countries. U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, and some in South America that are probably a little more shaky but overall stable as it goes. Recently the price of the stock has been running up nicely undoubtedly because of the potential production until about a month or so ago. Since then it has been in a consolidation pattern like everything else gold. I would caution on buying the hype on production when a new operation starts, but if gold breaks out of the trading range to the upside, it won't matter that tide will lift all boats.

SII I'm not to hot on only because it seems like all of these precious metal asset management companies sell the same gold to multiple people and sometimes they get caught doing it. Not saying that is the case here, just not my thing. I like companies that actually find it. Having said that, I see they just got added to the NYSE which probably means they will see some growth in price.

PHYS is like having a less expensive GLD. In fact if you put their charts together and take away the price points, they will follow exactly to point that you wouldn't be able to tell which one is which. The market moves are proportional so I guess if I have a boat load of gold in GLD, I could just as easily have the same position in PHYS.
    Points Awarded:

trobin31 gave Slurry Pumper 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slurry Pumper

Gold was able to get above key support levels after dipping down below them this morning. I'm kind of wondering what would happen if it dipped again and gave up about 100 more bucks to $1800. I think people like me would be buying with both fist out. Hell I did that this morning and gold pushed right back up above $1915.

Slurry Pumper

I came across a company last week and after more studying I think its one someone may be interested.

** Aquabounty; AQB. In a nutshell they have gene edited salmon to grow 70% more efficiently, ie harvest size in less time(7 months less) and one could assume a lunch larger size in same time. So results in more food and half the cost and more environment friendly. unless I’m missing something could see substantial bite of the +20billion market share of salmon production and would be able to do it right here in the US. Already received go aheads from the FDA and Canadian health Admin. Sevral board members also sit on other major food company boards like Tyson, Bumblebee etc. Half the company is owned by insiders and these guys do not look like they are fuking around. Who knows, but they are very aggressively scaling production right here in the US and working on global partnerships. I was waiting for a pullback and we got one today so I entered at 4.71 at 10% planned allocation. There may be more pulling back to low $3s so I plan to add 10% here and there on the way down.
    https://aquabounty.gcs-web.com/stati...6-b5321e20dbb3
    This is intriguing, a onshore company that has found a way to make salmon bigger quicker. I placed an advanced order in at $4.17 for 25 shares. When it hits, it will alert me that it has indeed lowered in price and I'll take another look at that time. If it continues down to 3 bucks like you would like it too, that would be better and a little more attention would be warranted.

homie1975

AAPL at 110 is a steal for anyone with a 1 year or longer time horizon. This is a market maker stock.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    AAPL at 110 is a steal for anyone with a 1 year or longer time horizon. This is a market maker stock.

think when shit hits the fan that it will be about 70.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    If it gets to 70 back up the truck and unload

ex50warrior

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Wow, 70?! I'm hoping to buy it at 95.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    This is intriguing, a onshore company that has found a way to make salmon bigger quicker. I placed an advanced order in at $4.17 for 25 shares. When it hits, it will alert me that it has indeed lowered in price and I'll take another look at that time. If it continues down to 3 bucks like you would like it too, that would be better and a little more attention would be warranted.
    Glad you are onboard. I think it’s legit. I’m in long.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i think the beauty of gold is in holding the actual PRODUCT

that way, no matter what happens to the banking system, markets, etc... you still have wealth

in the history of the world no fiat currency has ever survived, and we're kind of seeing that process starting here, the last blowoff of super debt and super spending before the global financial reset

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i think the beauty of gold is in holding the actual PRODUCT

that way, no matter what happens to the banking system, markets, etc... you still have wealth

in the history of the world no fiat currency has ever survived, and we're kind of seeing that process starting here, the last blowoff of super debt and super spending before the global financial reset
    But what exactly is inherently valuable about gold? What does it do? It doesn't feed you or power an engine. I've never quite understood. I know it's shiny and people like it, but what is guaranteed about its value?

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Blnk

Anyone want to offer any insight into its moves overnight and today??

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Anyone want to offer any insight into its moves overnight and today??
    They reported sales of +500 plus charging stations across the US and globally. They already had some big name customers so this isn’t a surprise. This is the one charging station stock I own. I have been looking at plug power for their hydrogen fuel stations but haven’t pulled the trigger. There are so many renewable energy plays but I’ve narrowed it down to investing in 1) Tesla 2) SunRun 3)Cleanspark 4)NextEra and 5) Blink

I think these 5 offer a nice balanced approach to renewable energy as they all operate in different markets and in many cases have partnerships.

i have swing traded WKHS, NKLA, NIO and Ballard power but not ready to go long on any of them just yet.

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    But what exactly is inherently valuable about gold? What does it do? It doesn't feed you or power an engine. I've never quite understood. I know it's shiny and people like it, but what is guaranteed about its value?
    You cannot artificially inflate the amount of it. Sure there is some actually laying around in the earth so you can still find it, but the amount of new gold coming in to the market is pretty finite. You can say this about other metals as well palladium, rhodium, iridium, unobtainium, etc... well maybe not the last one, but some metals are so rare that it would be hard to use it as money, where as gold since the dawn of time when cave man used to buy cave hookers, they paid in gold. Well maybe not that far back, I think they just whacked them over the head and raped them, but not long after that they started to use gold to settle debts. Other metal commodities such as silver, copper, nickel, cobalt and others have industrial uses that consume the commodity to the point of making it susceptible to market fluctuations dictated by the amount needed to use. Sure gold does also have industrial uses but not to the extent of other metals.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    You cannot artificially inflate the amount of it. Sure there is some actually laying around in the earth so you can still find it, but the amount of new gold coming in to the market is pretty finite. You can say this about other metals as well palladium, rhodium, iridium, unobtainium, etc... well maybe not the last one, but some metals are so rare that it would be hard to use it as money, where as gold since the dawn of time when cave man used to buy cave hookers, they paid in gold. Well maybe not that far back, I think they just whacked them over the head and raped them, but not long after that they started to use gold to settle debts. Other metal commodities such as silver, copper, nickel, cobalt and others have industrial uses that consume the commodity to the point of making it susceptible to market fluctuations dictated by the amount needed to use. Sure gold does also have industrial uses but not to the extent of other metals.
    You didn't answer my question. I don't care about caveman. What does gold inherently do for me? How does it inherently satisfy my needs, aside from the perceived value (same as dollars)?

trobin31

You didn't answer my question. I don't care about caveman. What does gold inherently do for me? How does it inherently satisfy my needs, aside from the perceived value (same as dollars)?
    I think the answer may actually lay in evolutionary biology. Inherently, there is no value to currency, fancy clothes, jewelry or a pretty face. But when you look at it from the science of sexual attraction, somewhere along the way precious metals, most likely due to the ability to build structures, make weapons, became a desirable trait in a mate. This somehow evolved to the wearing of precious metals to flaunt your status.
    like it or not these things are hard wired into our brains through genetic factors. Even if every human were wiped off earth precious metals would still be valued as just the sight of them releases dopamine and happy neurochemicals to enhance our survival.

trobin31

So basically gold can get you pu$$y

homie1975

Slurry Pumper

So basically gold can get you pu$$y
    And Diamonds will get you blown.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trobin31

Snowball

Hecla held support - closed at 5.26.

here's a PR from a couple days ago:

Hecla Reports Strong Production and Cash Generation

Mnuchin and Powell testify before the Senate Thursday.
    No decisions yet - stimulus still likely IMO

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Its store of value is the principal utility today - it started because of its scarcity and value in jewelry making.

Here's a quick demonstration of how gold stores value:

In ancient Rome, an ounce of gold could get a man a fine hand tailored suit. (Toga or whatever constituted a suit - but it could) ...

In 1935, an ounce of gold might trade for $35 in paper money. Also, in 1935 $35 could buy you a fine hand tailored suit.

NOW ... let's say in 1935 you left that ounce of gold and $35 in cash in a drawer - and then opened the drawer in 2020.

Your ounce of gold could trade for @ $1900 and buy you a beautiful suit, but that $35 in fiat could only get one dry cleaned.

- hope you get the drift with that story, but my personal feeling is gold is that perpetual store of value rather than an investment per se. I suppose people could invest in gold for relative value, but personally I think the right time to buy gold is when you've already made your money and want to preserve it with minimal risk.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave ByeShea 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

Interactive increasing margin requirements:

Snowball

If you are considering or own miners
    watch Gold 1880. 1800 must hold or further losses will happen.
    If 1880 holds then no reason to worry

ex50warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    If you are considering or own miners
    watch Gold 1880. 1800 must hold or further losses will happen.
    If 1880 holds then no reason to worry
    Bought an opening position in HL. I know it's breaking all of Slurry's technical rules but I couldn't resist. Selling more put options on gold stocks too, hoping prices dip a bit more.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by ex50warrior View Post
    Bought an opening position in HL. I know it's breaking all of Slurry's technical rules but I couldn't resist. Selling more put options on gold stocks too, hoping prices dip a bit more.
    i got stopped out earlier. when it made that run to 5.22 then collapsed off it I said, this is it. no mas.

here's a GLD chart. See how when gold broke 1880 it caused a fast 20 down more. This is the GLD ETF.

trobin31

No need to over think this...market telling a very clear picture we all expected in The Fall/Winter. I liquidated a few of the recovery stock positions and added onto e-commerce and stay at home. I think XLK is gonna bounce right off its 50 and to new Highs. We’ve seen this movie before gueys.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

No need to over think this...market telling a very clear picture we all expected in The Fall/Winter. I liquidated a few of the recovery stock positions and added onto e-commerce and stay at home. I think XLK is gonna bounce right off its 50 and to new Highs. We’ve seen this movie before gueys.
    You still looking for SPY 4k this year?

Slurry Pumper

I've identified $170 on GLD as my target to unload the truck. The lack of stimulus from August and now the dollar strengthening at least in the short term is giving a buying opportunity. That or Gold collapses and I lose a shyt load of cash and I have to explain to the 'ole lady why we need to sell the houses and start living out of a van down by the river. Well not that bad so I'm trying not to look at it day by day so setting advanced orders to start buying some GLD (50 at $175), then (75 at$172.50), then the total money shot at ($170 for 200 more shares). If it gets there that would represent a 162.5% increase in my GLD position. Under that I just hold and prey for limited armed conflict between nations, fiat currency collapses, and huge over the top stimulus bills from the world's nations. I think I will eventually get one of these before the end of the year.

Of course I lost my first chance to buy at $175 because I didn't look at the market this morning until just a few minutes ago and it looks like the price is rebounding a little, but the price is in the area.

trobin31

You still looking for SPY 4k this year?
    Not so sure...everything depends on stimulus...I think big cap tech will keep it afloat...but needs stimulus now that fed isn’t pumping.

First ... 208209210211212213214 ... Last