swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's more likely a fine tuned athlete tries an upper drug and that gives them a heart attack.. A drug like cocaine.. Body is fined tuned machine when you are pro athlete and if you introduce drugs for the first time the heart can race like crazy and even stop.

A soccer player like this guy runs all day.. Fine tuned machine... Not likely his heart will just stop on it's own.. Usually their can be signs leading up like shortness of breath, sharp chest pains, unusual fatigue if you have a heart problem..

I'm pretty sure these star athletes get checked up regularly by the team doctors as well..

I say it's drugs that stopped his heart.. I'd bet on it at even odds ...
    There's been a number of players who have died on/just off the pitch, mostly attributed to cardiac arrest. Here in the states, high school/college football players collapse/die on the field (usually practice) more often than you'd think. It's usually determined they had enlarged hearts, unfortunately it's discovered postmortem. The average person doesn't/can't stress themselves physically enough to cause a problem. Elite athletes can. You may very well be right, but I'd lay odds you're not.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

^^ Yeah I know sudden death can happen in athletes...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Drugs??

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

No way a 31 year old with a 2 year old daughter would suddenly start using some kind of drugs one day before the extension of his contract.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    No way a 31 year old with a 2 year old daughter would suddenly start using some kind of drugs one day before the extension of his contract.
    Ya never know what skeletons are in ones closet.. One good spat with the wife and maybe he felt like going to a hotel to get wasted.. The stress of being a pro athlete can be too much for some also...

Having and wife and 2 year old kid can drive you to drink or do drugs for some.. Lol.. ..

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Even though the extension was not done deal yet, Fiorentina made that contract official and will give the money to his family.
    surprising, but very classy move to take care of his family.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    There's been a number of players who have died on/just off the pitch, mostly attributed to cardiac arrest. Here in the states, high school/college football players collapse/die on the field (usually practice) more often than you'd think. It's usually determined they had enlarged hearts, unfortunately it's discovered postmortem. The average person doesn't/can't stress themselves physically enough to cause a problem. Elite athletes can. You may very well be right, but I'd lay odds you're not.
    the cases in the US are usually from high schools/colleges making players run suicide drills in the heat

there are a few cases that weren't (enlarged hearts, although some of those cases were abuse as well), but many of the deaths were found to be negligence on the part of the school. Some coaches would refuse to let players stop or drink water etc.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

^^ Yeah I know sudden death can happen in athletes...

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    the cases in the US are usually from high schools/colleges making players run suicide drills in the heat

there are a few cases that weren't (enlarged hearts, although some of those cases were abuse as well), but many of the deaths were found to be negligence on the part of the school. Some coaches would refuse to let players stop or drink water etc.
    Google teen athletes + enlarged heart and see how many hits you get. Many more than from "abuse".

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

Google teen athletes + enlarged heart and see how many hits you get. Many more than from "abuse".
    Ya think?

I heard different as alot of young people are dying more often these days from drug and heroine overdoses...

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-to...se-death-rates

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Poor guy...
    Too soon.

*RIP

Last edited by 19th Hole; 03-07-18 at 02:09 AM.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Ya think?

I heard different as alot of young people are dying more often these days from drug and heroine overdoses...

Referring to athletes collapsing on the field. JFC.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Wow remember this guy die doing a celebration he loved the game soccer

AskJonny4Notes
    AskJonny4Notes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

Remember watching this one live...so sad

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Ya think?

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave MickeyMan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12