magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

MLBx huge scores so far

Looks like the pitching has some catching up to do. Watch closely as this gets closer to opening day

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Not surprising. Starting pitchers don't pitch many innings and bullpens in baseball have become a complete joke these days. They talk about how the game has become so specialized yet none of the guys can throw a strike or get a guy out. It is hard watching a great pitcher throw 7 or 8 innings gem, then watch some dipshit erase it all because he can't get 1 out let alone 3. I laugh when they bring a guy in 2 nights in a row and he throws a combined 25 pitches but he isn't available the next night
    Last edited by unde0087; 03-01-18 at 05:03 PM.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

all good stuff unde

But I am making an observation that this years preseason is much higher scoring than last year. I don't have stats, but it just seems that way. Teams scoring 5 - 9 runs in an inning randomly in almost every game.

I know that skippers are experimenting with players.... but Skippers need practice too. No reason to let a guy stand out there and get roasted with there are other arms ready to go. Need to stop the bleeding, and learn to win. I don't think that allowing your opponent to jack up 8 runs in an inning does anybody any good.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

That was my whole point though. Pitching has started to go to shit in recent years. Bullpens are just awful. I think we will continue to see runs being scored until teams get away from bringing in 7 different pitchers to face a guy here or there. It has made it so bad that most of the guys coming up have zero confidence facing anything but the one kind of hitter. They think it is working but I don't remember a time where almost every guy coming out of a pen gets absolute shelled.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

When does baseball start?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not even follow right now

Wasteful energy