Betpoints: 4884

Deandre Ayton earning every penny

LOL at the crowd taunting him.

Chant the amount of money he has...I'm sure he's really broken up about it

LOL

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Based on his reaction, I'm starting to think he didn't take the money. This is the most animated he's looked all season. One of his best games.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

He's severely UNDERPAID...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Is he going to be the number one pick?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Is he going to be the number one pick?
    I think he goes #1. He is big, plays great defense and very versatile on the offensive end. The guy can shoot the rock extremely well for a big man. He's just now lifting weights for the first time, so this guy might turn into a beast in a couple years. He's a no brainer for me.

But some teams might go for the following at #1...

Marvin Bagley - he could go 1 as well but I don't know why I'm just not real high on him. I feel he's peaked already but most scouts have him higher than Ayton.

Luca Doncic - top Euro pick that is long for a guard, can shoot with a lot of intangibles. Someone might reach for him if they need a good shooting guard that is NBA ready right now.

Michael Porter - Probably the biggest upside. Hyped in HS but we haven't been able to see him play at the college level. The little I saw, I wasn't impressed but Ben Simmon's never impressed me at LSU and he's a beast already at this level. He could be like him. I think too much unknown for him to be #1.

Mohamed Bamba - I'm not high on him at all. I think he could be a bust but he's a great rim protector. Put some meat on his bones and he could be a freakish athlete here.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Good stuff, Mac!

Big men just don't seem as valuable in today's NBA. The inability to shoot from the outside might hurt him a bit, but he definitely has skills. I like his game.

I had a thread a couple of months ago about Doncic. I know he's on top of most mock drafts, he should be decent.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Ayton is the best big man I've seen since Shaq. He reminds me of a right handed David Robinson. Can shoot, pass, block shots, post moves, dunks, he does it all. It's pretty easy for most of these players to deny ever getting money. What happens is that most AAU programs are set up as Not for Profits, so all a booster has to do is a cut a check and send it to the not for profit. Then the AAU coach can funnel that money to the player, or keep 50% which alot of these jagoffs AAU coaches probably do.

KRIT

Yeah he'd be my #1 pick for sure. Bagley will be nice, but he doesn't have the size and mid range game that Ayton has.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I admittedly don’t know a thing about Doncic, but Ayton seems like the no-brainer #1 pick to me. More complete game already than Bagley plus I see higher upside in Ayton. Bamba is a one trick pony, wouldn’t want to spend a lottery pick on him imo. Maybe biased, but I think Jaren Jackson Jr. is more talented and has 10x the upside Bamba has. JJ has nearly as many blocks, in less minutes, and has a complete offensive game with paint dominance and a sweet stroke from deep. If JJ polishes up a mid-range jump shot then he’ll be the best nba player from this year’s lottery class.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I admittedly don’t know a thing about Doncic, but Ayton seems like the no-brainer #1 pick to me. More complete game already than Bagley plus I see higher upside in Ayton. Bamba is a one trick pony, wouldn’t want to spend a lottery pick on him imo. Maybe biased, but I think Jaren Jackson Jr. is more talented and has 10x the upside Bamba has. JJ has nearly as many blocks, in less minutes, and has a complete offensive game with paint dominance and a sweet stroke from deep. If JJ polishes up a mid-range jump shot then he’ll be the best nba player from this year’s lottery class.
    I like Bamba. He is much more skilled than a lot of those long African centers like Thabeet or Biyombo. Bamba can actually shoot 3's, FT's and has a post game. I agree with you on Jaren Jackson, guy is your prototypical new age NBA PF.

Zona23
    Zona23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Bagley will be another player that was very dominant at the college level and evened out in the league. Not much potential compared to Ayton. Won't be surprised to see him land between 6-10. Not much game outside post and is undersized for his position in the league. Played aganist him as a senior in highschool when he was a freshman. Haven't seen his game develop much since.

Donic is a european guard and if we are being honest we haven't seen a Euro guard drafted high work out the way everyone thought after seeing footage from overseas play in a long time. Too many people are putting a major emphasis on the fact that he is so young playing in one of the best leagues in the world, but overseas is just not the same as the NBA. He is a highly skilled player but he doesnt have the intangibles that it takes to make a superstar player.

Bamba is going to be a great defensive player in the league but he is not in the convo for 1st or top 3, great lotto pick.

Jaren Jackson is the next best player in the draft and should go number 2 without a doubt. Many times in games that you can tell he is still a freshman and just needs a little more time to develop into a potential superstar. He still often rushes his shots/free throws, does not do great with passing out of double teams in post. Very dominant inside but post game is still very raw.....Everything that Ayton isnt.

Ayton should be the conseuus first pick in the draft. Last night with all eyes watching and in a very hostile environment he had 28 and 18 and didnt see the ball for almost more than the entire second half. Besides the obvious postives that everyone has posted about him, id say his biggest flaw is his defensive awarness at times. He was quoted saying he doesnt block a lot of shots because he rather not get dunked on. I truly believe he is on another level than any recruit coming out this year

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Zona23 View Post
    Bagley will be another player that was very dominant at the college level and evened out in the league. Not much potential compared to Ayton. Won't be surprised to see him land between 6-10. Not much game outside post and is undersized for his position in the league. Played aganist him as a senior in highschool when he was a freshman. Haven't seen his game develop much since.

Donic is a european guard and if we are being honest we haven't seen a Euro guard drafted high work out the way everyone thought after seeing footage from overseas play in a long time. Too many people are putting a major emphasis on the fact that he is so young playing in one of the best leagues in the world, but overseas is just not the same as the NBA. He is a highly skilled player but he doesnt have the intangibles that it takes to make a superstar player.

Bamba is going to be a great defensive player in the league but he is not in the convo for 1st or top 3, great lotto pick.

Jaren Jackson is the next best player in the draft and should go number 2 without a doubt. Many times in games that you can tell he is still a freshman and just needs a little more time to develop into a potential superstar. He still often rushes his shots/free throws, does not do great with passing out of double teams in post. Very dominant inside but post game is still very raw.....Everything that Ayton isnt.

Ayton should be the conseuus first pick in the draft. Last night with all eyes watching and in a very hostile environment he had 28 and 18 and didnt see the ball for almost more than the entire second half. Besides the obvious postives that everyone has posted about him, id say his biggest flaw is his defensive awarness at times. He was quoted saying he doesnt block a lot of shots because he rather not get dunked on. I truly believe he is on another level than any recruit coming out this year
    Ayton is the #1 for me and then Young. After that take your pick between Bagley and Jackson. Haven't seen the euro guy, so not even going to factor him in. Michael Porter Jr will be interesting to see where he falls, he might have the most upside out of any player in this draft. My lottery pick bust is Robert Williams. Guy gave up in college, can you imagine once he gets millions of dollars, he is going to go half speed. He has zero outside game, simply overpowers smaller guys in college.