homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

good, bad, ugly of P2P lending, REITs, first trust deeds??

Looking at investment opportunities in these three areas. What do u guys think? Give me the good the bad and the fugly please! !!

homie1975

Yo yo

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

REITs- these are good but a lot of work. You gotta make sure you get people in there that will pay timely and don’t Fuk your shit up. Renters have the system figured out where they can essentially be late, avoid rent, you gotta go through arms and legs of paperwork and then all for nothing because now there is a process to evict....not just you haven’t paid yet get the Fuk out. If you got time and money for cash flow when problems come up those are good. I would say commercial wouldn’t be bad but gonna be more expensive.

You have ave cash laying around and don’t want to get in the market or put it in stocks and bonds you could look at hard money lending. Lots of builders and smaller companies write off a shit load of expenses for tax purposes to they are unable to get financing from banks. Hard money lenders would give the builders money to fix foreclosed or run down properties contingent on deadlines that must be met or the deed to the property would then be turned over to the hard money lender. Of course the hard money lender can charge excessive interest rates on the money borrowed because these folks can’t get financing anywhere else. It’s big where I am

homie1975

Good stuff Megatron thank u

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

My investment man talked me into REIT's. Did better than my other holdings for awhile, but then petered out.
    With big chain store closings, malls not doing very well and strip malls closing, I wouldn't do REIT's. GL

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    My investment man talked me into REIT's. Did better than my other holdings for awhile, but then petered out.
    With big chain store closings, malls not doing very well and strip malls closing, I wouldn't do REIT's. GL
    You can get everything including groceries now online. This stuff is devastating for local small business and mom n pop shops. It’s almost impossible for anyone in retail to start up there own type of business with the way this is going. Scary that the internet is the greatest/worst thing that has ever happened

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I am a BIG fan of REITS. I own GOOD, O and a few others.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    You can get everything including groceries now online. This stuff is devastating for local small business and mom n pop shops. It’s almost impossible for anyone in retail to start up there own type of business with the way this is going. Scary that the internet is the greatest/worst thing that has ever happened
    Well, seeing some of those Wal mart people, they should stay at home.