Great 2nd half team lol. Man this team is missing a pair

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Missing a coach.. Collins awful

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

I thought Chris Collins was one of the best coaches though? Guy should be fired, so happy to see Northwestern suck, couldn't stand all their fans last season once they finally made the tourney.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I thought Chris Collins was one of the best coaches though?
    They had a mic on him during a TO... not impressive. He had nothing to add. Team has folded in 2nd half now twice in a few days.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Had Maryland here. Didn’t watch but was happy to see NW blew another one.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Garbage

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These teams just fold under pressure

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Maryland has better players and Turgeon is a good coach, one of the most underrated coaches in c ball. Maryland is going to do big things next year.

KRIT

Collins and Richard Pitino both got to go. Don't care if they've had injuries or whatever, those teams are playing way below their ability.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Maryland has better players and Turgeon is a good coach, one of the most underrated coaches in c ball. Maryland is going to do big things next year.
    Ya, like the previous 2 years. They probably had the best team since Terps left the ACC and didn't do a fukin thing.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya, like the previous 2 years. They probably had the best team since Terps left the ACC and didn't do a fukin thing.
    Really undy? They are already solid as it is and they didn't even have one of their top 3 players in Jackson who has been hurt plus they bring basically everyone back from this team and there bringing in a mcds All American next season. Could easily see them in the final 4 next season.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Collins and Richard Pitino both got to go. Don't care if they've had injuries or whatever, those teams are playing way below their ability.
    No way Northwestern fires Chris Collins. It's not like he took the program down - they've never made the tourney, ever. He will eventually take them to their first, but won't be this year.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Really undy? They are already solid as it is and they didn't even have one of their top 3 players in Jackson who has been hurt plus they bring basically everyone back from this team and there bringing in a mcds All American next season. Could easily see them in the final 4 next season.
    Well whenever you want to make me a points bet for a Maryland final 4 next season I will be waiting.

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

I am a U of MD alum and former season ticket holder for a decade. I haven't been impressed with Turgeon as a bench coach, but he is a terrific recruiter. They are supposed to have a strong class coming in next year and if Fernando returns, there should be no more excuses for Turg.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No way Northwestern fires Chris Collins. It's not like he took the program down - they've never made the tourney, ever. He will eventually take them to their first, but won't be this year.
    Uhhhh what? He took them to their first last year.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    This is what happens when D2 tries to add anything that isn't political posts about hating conservatives. A complete air ball.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    LOL brain freeze. Well, you get the point. He did what no one else did. He's not getting fired.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Well whenever you want to make me a points bet for a Maryland final 4 next season I will be waiting.
    Okay I got you down for +1200 for my 500 points.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    LOL brain freeze. Well, you get the point. He did what no one else did. He's not getting fired.
    You're probably right that he won't get fired. He should, but they won't. They totally regressed this season. Literally brought back the exact same team as last season, and they aren't even a bubble team. The team is more talented than most people think.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Okay I got you down for +1200 for my 500 points.
    If you are still around before next season starts we can make a thread on this. We can talk then when the futures come out and get a bet setup then.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

A lot of overreacting in this thread. There’s a fine line between making the tournament as a bubble team like they did last year and not being in that same position this year. This year they are losing the close games that a year ago they were winning. Just go through their schedule and you can find 3-4 games that could have gone the other way and if they had, they’d be right in the mix again.

Now I understand that theoretically they should have been better than last year but how much better are we really talking here? It’s not like they’re loaded with talent. Last year they probably overachieved a bit.

Just look at Clemson. Last year they were roughly a .500 team because they couldn’t win close games and this year they’ve been a top 25 squad.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

If you are still around before next season starts we can make a thread on this. We can talk then when the futures come out and get a bet setup then.
    Ill prob forget but yea sure why not.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dwatersalec View Post
    I am a U of MD alum and former season ticket holder for a decade. I haven't been impressed with Turgeon as a bench coach, but he is a terrific recruiter. They are supposed to have a strong class coming in next year and if Fernando returns, there should be no more excuses for Turg.
    From what I've heard of Turegon he sounds like a smart guy; you got yourself a good coach. Maryland has everything you need, drivers, shooters, and an inside game. They will be hard to defend.

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

From what I've heard of Turegon he sounds like a smart guy; you got yourself a good coach. Maryland has everything you need, drivers, shooters, and an inside game. They will be hard to defend.
    I hope you're right. I was spoiled by watching teams coached by Gary Williams, who I thought was a tremendous coach. I believe he is the only coach to win a national title without a McDonald's All-American. A great coach at developing talent over 4 years.

KRIT

Like I said Chris Collins sucks, team just finished 6-12 in conference after dancing last season. Also to put in perspective, the conference was a lot better last season, so there is that.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

this was the easiest pick on the card. maybe all week honestly.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Think Nebraska was. Line made zero sense

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Think Nebraska was. Line made zero sense
    Like you would know how to read a line ginger.