TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Anybody used Healthy Wage before?

Basically you bet against the site that you'll lost a set amount of weight in a set timeframe (by you). I'm about to start as I've had injury issues (hernia, knee, etc.) the past couple years and gained a bunch of weight back.

I put up $150 a month to lose 40 pounds in 6 months and I get it all back plus 60% more at the end. Looks legit online from what I've saw on social media sites and forums.

https://www.healthywage.com/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never heard of it

Bizarre

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Played with it all the way until they asked for my email, so I didn't get to see what the prize would have been.

Seems like free money for anyone who knows how to cut weight, or does keto.

There's gotta be a catch somewhere.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

sounds ripe for scam... I would not

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

seems like a good way motivate people lose weight, idk though seems too good to be true looked at website some lady lost 41 pounds in 18 months and won 10,000, i mean how hard is it to lose 41 pounds in 18 months seems too easy

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Played with it all the way until they asked for my email, so I didn't get to see what the prize would have been.

Seems like free money for anyone who knows how to cut weight, or does keto.

There's gotta be a catch somewhere.
    We'll see. I'm taking a shot at it

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    seems like a good way motivate people lose weight, idk though seems too good to be true looked at website some lady lost 41 pounds in 18 months and won 10,000, i mean how hard is it to lose 41 pounds in 18 months seems too easy

A lot of it depends on how much you bet initially as well. I'm sure they are included those in the payoffs

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

If I lose 19 pounds I would only get 11% ROI in 6 months almost nothing.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    If I lose 19 pounds I would only get 11% ROI in 6 months almost nothing.

Yeah you really have to be a shitshow of a human to be able to make anything lol

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Who are you making money from? How do they verify? Haven't looked, but seems sketchy.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

If someone has issues with overeating losing 15-20 lbs is no big deal. The thing that trips up so many people with Healthy Wage is keeping the weight off for six months.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

scam checked site out

stay away

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

It's not a scam. A friend of mine did this about a year ago and got paid.

You have to send before and after photos; photos or video of your initial weigh-in; and you have to track your weight on their system. At least that's how it was when he did it.

Like I said before, they make their money on people that can't keep the weight off for six months, which for those that are on and off dieting, is hard to do. You can't lose say 30 lbs in four months and get paid. You have to go the whole six months.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    It's not a scam. A friend of mine did this about a year ago and got paid.

You have to send before and after photos; photos or video of your initial weigh-in; and you have to track your weight on their system. At least that's how it was when he did it.

Like I said before, they make their money on people that can't keep the weight off for six months, which for those that are on and off dieting, is hard to do. You can't lose say 30 lbs in four months and get paid. You have to go the whole six months.
    Good post Gummo. You have to weigh in during a 2 week timeframe 6 months later to win the prize. It was really easy to get verified. You essentially just post a video of you showing you are in proper attire and don't have stuff hidden to make you heavier and then you weigh on camera too.

TPowell

I did this same thing 2 years ago and ended up losing 50 in the same timeframe. I probably should have done that as anybody can cut 10 pounds in 3-4 days with proper water management and a cleanse

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

diet bet is a little easier

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    diet bet is a little easier

I'll have to look into it. Glanced at it but seemed a little more complicated at first

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I'll have to look into it. Glanced at it but seemed a little more complicated at first
    nah you just download the app and it walks you through all the steps to enter a competition

if you meet your weight you split the pot with the other winners in competition. after they take their rake... usually pays about 35-50% ROI for winners. but its small stakes. I just like to have a deadline, the $ doesn't matter to win, but I would hate to lose even a buck.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    nah you just download the app and it walks you through all the steps to enter a competition

if you meet your weight you split the pot with the other winners in competition. after they take their rake... usually pays about 35-50% ROI for winners. but its small stakes. I just like to have a deadline, the $ doesn't matter to win, but I would hate to lose even a buck.
    True, I may do it since I'm already doing the other one. I'll put up $900 to win like $600 (plus the $900) on the other one.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

well if its not a scam its pretty easy to cheat the site - put a magnet on the right side of the scale and the scale will show a different number. so if u lay a magnet under the scale during the initial weigh to make oneself 10 kilo heavier. u shall easily make money

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    well if its not a scam its pretty easy to cheat the site - put a magnet on the right side of the scale and the scale will show a different number. so if u lay a magnet under the scale during the initial weigh to make oneself 10 kilo heavier. u shall easily make money
    These sites are definitely legit. One thing I noticed though is they can CHOOSE for you to come in to somewhere physically and weigh-in. My guess is if you do something crazy like lose weight hella fast and don't space it out between weigh-ins, they will make you come in

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

i went the life route of not being a fat or poor loser from the start

would def scam this dipshit site if it were possible for me to be fat

ufc dudes should get on here and make more money than they do from the company

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I'm pretty sure it's super ROI positive for the site. Most people don't have the will to make it happen.

A lot of fat fukks here in town have lost crazy weight from keto. I had a good 10 pounds I wanted off, and I got there in a month the same way.

So many ways to get there, yet I'll bet that site rakes.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's super ROI positive for the site. Most people don't have the will to make it happen.

A lot of fat fukks here in town have lost crazy weight from keto. I had a good 10 pounds I wanted off, and I got there in a month the same way.

So many ways to get there, yet I'll bet that site rakes.
    Dietbet does. I saw the chart. I like Healthy Wage because they tell you exactly what you'll get and it doesn't matter what anybody else does. I'm down 7 pounds since my verified weighin. I loaded bad haha

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

good luck tpowell i hope you hit your goal weight and keep it off. here's to a healthy lifestyle

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

How do they confirm current measurements/weight. How do they confirm those same stats at the end?

Why cant I just say that I'm 350lbs and I want to lose 180 and be at my current weight of 170?
    Last edited by thechaoz; 02-19-18 at 05:25 PM.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    How do they confirm current measurements/weight. How do they confirm those same stats at the end?

Weighin video that you have to take before and after

thechaoz

Weighin video that you have to take before and after
    I just figured out how to angle shoot the shit out of this. This is free cash boys. So you have to be in a video, being recorded on a scale showing a weight, with a full body shot. How would one manipulate a weight showing on a scale?

Protip. You don't have to be naked. No one give our secrets away. I'm 170 but could probably get away with showing like what? 220? with the right clothes

TPowell

I just figured out how to angle shoot the shit out of this. This is free cash boys. So you have to be in a video, being recorded on a scale showing a weight, with a full body shot. How would one manipulate a weight showing on a scale?

Protip. You don't have to be naked. No one give our secrets away. I'm 170 but could probably get away with showing like what? 220? with the right clothes

It specifies the type of clothing you have to have in like nothing below the knee and such.

thechaoz

It specifies the type of clothing you have to have in like nothing below the knee and such.
    Ever heard of weight belts?

TPowell

Ever heard of weight belts?

True. I'm down 12 pounds so far without any water deprivation or anything crazy after 5 days.

thechaoz

Do essentially.. Take current weight or men's even add a few lbs... Strap on 20-30lbs. Max contribution...

Free money.. They are very thin and tight to the body