dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

My son’s school is just pre-school and kindergarten, but they have nothing. The door locks but they unlock it for anyone when you push a button. At the beginning of the day or end of the day there are multiple doors open for whoever wants to enter.

Are most schools like this?

Even though there has been 18 school shootings in what, 45 days?

I realize yesterday’s shooting was despite there being gaurds... but still curious.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Security guards can not be trusted as there is tooo much demand for next to peanuts wages.......

Because of this employers can't be choosy........

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Have there been any preschool or kindergarten shootings?

I was actually checking out a school today for my kid to go next school year. Access is very secure and there is a security guard. It's a k-12 school.

PAULYPOKER

^ Be sure to ask them how well their security guard is compensated.........

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Local officer from the sheriff's department there everyday, locked and loaded.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Anyone that actually knows the school, knows how to get in

So I wouldn't be worried about heavy duty bulletproof doors

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Home schooling is the way to go.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Home schooling is the way to go.
    Yea

Then have a socially awkward kid

And that is best case scenario

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I don't care how many security personnel are standing guard... real cops or minimum wage unarmed and all in between. That is there for show just like TSA at the airport. The fact is that anybody that is determined to do damage at that particular school will be able to do so rather easily. Just walk up to the front door draw your weapon and take out the guard as he is looking at his phone, talking to people, etc. It's not like they are alert that they are about to take fire.

Armed security is not a real world measure. Trained adults in the facility that are carrying concealed is a real world measure. These sick bastards want soft targets. Every school in Israel has teachers CC and their record is perfect. The USA could learn plenty from Israel about this domestic stuff and international terrorism, but unfortunately our politicians simply get in the way.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17029

My son's school does have security. Also a code has to be punched in to enter the school. False sense of security.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

security guards arent going to do anything. they will probably run like everyone else. even cops just wait for the swat team. i remember videos of the miami night club shooting with multiple police cars there and they just stayed back while you could hear the guy shooting up the place.

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    security guards arent going to do anything. they will probably run like everyone else. even cops just wait for the swat team. i remember videos of the miami night club shooting with multiple police cars there and they just stayed back while you could hear the guy shooting up the place.
    Yea that was Orlando but we get it. That whole scene made me SICK. Every one of those fuking azholes should turn in their badge and gun next day.

PAULYPOKER

If you want your child to be successful you need to send kid to private school where all the children's parents
    are successful...........

If you send your child to any public or charter school you are rolling the dice on whether said child will be a basement dweller,drug attic,criminal or develop a mental illness from bullying abuse by his her peers and be the next columbine shooter.........

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    If you want your child to be sucessful you need to send kid to private school where all the children's parents

If you send your child to any public or charter school you are rolling the dice on whether said child will be a basement dweller,drug attic,criminal or develop a mental illness from bullying abuse by his her peers and be the next columbine shooter.........
    I disagree. If you are engaged as a parent and make reasonable expectations and give your kid encouragement and love they will do very well 99/100 times. Even in the worst of schools. I have seen it so many times myself. It is more about the parents and life at home than it is about the school
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Coolcanuck79

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Never forget security guards are guys who failed the cop physical
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

If you want your child to be successful you need to send kid to private school where all the children's parents

Do you even have kids? I kind of picture you as someone who lives in his parents' basement.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Foxx 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    I disagree. If you are engaged as a parent and make reasonable expectations and give your kid encouragement and love they will do very well 99/100 times. Even in the worst of schools. I have seen it so many times myself. It is more about the parents and life at home than it is about the school
    That will work until they hit puberty,then you have to pray that "they'll grow out of it"..

Praying is basically hoping something you have no control overm some how turns out positive..........

One wrong peer or bully is all it takes for all Hell to break loose..............

I take it you never watched intervention?

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

really fukkin interesting topic here

now tell me, what does it have to do with sports / wagering?

GTFO of Players Talk starting this type of thread

THE SALOON = All topics in life from cars, fitness, relationships to recent headlines

PLAYERS TALK = The SBR Lobby: Sports Talk, Gambling and Bettors Chat

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post

Do you even have kids? I kind of picture you as someone who lives in his parents' basement.
    Grown......

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    really fukkin interesting topic here

now tell me, what does it have to do with sports / wagering?

GTFO of Players Talk starting this type of thread

THE SALOON = All topics in life from cars, fitness, relationships to recent headlines

PLAYERS TALK = The SBR Lobby: Sports Talk, Gambling and Bettors Chat
    Great point

Good work

magaman
    Update your status

That will work until they hit puberty,then you have to pray that "they'll grow out of it"..

Praying is basically hoping something you have no control overm some how turns out positive..........

One wrong peer or bully is all it takes for all Hell to break loose..............

I take it you never watched intervention?
    No I have never watched intervention. I have raised two awesome young men, and I have coached and been active with about 100 of their peers over the last 15+ years. Kids from every income bracket - all races and all of that. The kids that succeed have a good home life, I have been to their homes and I know their parents. The ones that find trouble have bad home life. Most of the ones that do not succeed are from poor drug addicts, but almost as numerous are kids from affluent rich neighborhoods in which their parent are way too caught up in their own selfish lives.

I'm guessing you are not a parent, and I hope you grow up before you decide to become a parent. If you think sending your kid to the rich kids school is the magic formula, you have plenty to learn.

Two of my boys closest friends growing up... Dad was a big time developer he had more money than all of us here. He had all the toys, and spared no expense for his boys. But he and their mom never really spent the time to love them. Older of the two took his own life at age 19 with a shotgun he bought from Dicks an hour earlier. The younger brother grieved and tried to kill himself by running his mustang off the road at a tree a couple months after graduating. He failed and his parents gave him shit for wrecking his new Mustang. He was found hanging in his room a couple days later - discovered by his 5-year old sister.

Kids need their parents attention and love. It is a simple formula, but many parents are too frigging busy to give it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

They should have guards and standing metal detectors in every school now.. Like how you would enter a sports arena.. There will never be another school shooting.. Gotta have serious school gating also and lock down during school hours.. PROBLEM SOLVED..

Treat schools like sports arenas and court buildings...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You cannot stop shootings

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You cannot stop shootings
    In school you can.. I just provided a solution above.. You don't see shootings in sport arenas do you? Think about how many sporting events we have also in America every day.. Shooters wouldn't even try it.. They'd never get in armed..

I've given this problem some deep thought over the past day and this is what I came up with.. Not that expensive either.. It's really a no brainer if you wanna keep your kids safe in school..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-18 at 07:56 PM.

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    In school you can.. I just provided a solution above.. You don't see shootings in sport arenas do you?
    You are simply wrong Jibby. So let's add up all the schools that operate in Florida on any given day. How much personnel would be needed? More than you think. And like I said earlier in the thread all of that window dressing will not stop a locked and loaded azhole that comes forward to your silly guarded metal detector and ambushes the poor sob watching the kids file through. It will not work

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    You are simply wrong Jibby. So let's add up all the schools that operate in Florida on any given day. How much personnel would be needed? More than you think. And like I said earlier in the thread all of that window dressing will not stop a locked and loaded azhole that comes forward to your silly guarded metal detector and ambushes the poor sob watching the kids file through. It will not work
    Couple guards at the front entry that's it... Rest of the school gated and secured.. Most schools have security guards patrolling now anyways.. They do in the hoods of America anyways.. Not that big of deal and it would work..

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Couple guards at the front entry that's it... Rest of the school gated and secured.. Most schools have security guards patrolling now anyways.. They do in the hoods of America anyways.. Not that big of deal and it would work..
    Then how the heck are they supposed to step out the back door of the gym to smoke a joint?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Home school them....only way to be safe

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Seriously? Now that's bullshit, Pauly. Shit can happen in private schools too.

This school was in one of the wealthiest areas in Florida. Medians home $600k. Newtown was a similar deal I think. There is no insulation and no guarantees. Life is a roll of the dice.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Honestly if I was a security guard and someone pulls a gun!! I’m out!! Saving my fcking life first !!

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Home school equal red flag !! Kids need to socialize

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    True that.. Better have a bunch of kids in home schooling or that kid will quickly miss out on social interactions with other kids.. That's not good. My sisters kids were home schooled and smart as hell, one is a little anti social though and quiet... My nef... He's joining the Air Force and I think that will help him alot..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Home school equal red flag !! Kids need to socialize
    With Instagram?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

They do create home schooling groups now in LA, California which helps with the social interaction with other kids.. Thank God!!

This California Sanctuary State has ruined our public schooling systems and every responsible parent is home schooling now!!!..

Public schools are over crowded with Mexican immigrant kids.. Private schools jammed packed and too expensive...The Public schooling can't keep up with the number of kids coming in.. It's a disaster...Black kids are suffering the most.. Black parents don't home school in the hoods.. Public schools jammed packed!!!

That's what happens with open borders.. That's why I'm so FOR THE WALL!!! It's not a Trump thing either.. I see what is happening..

One of my best buds is a 3rd grade public school teacher in the LA district for 15 years now.. Inglewood.. He tells me how it is.. ... It's only getting worse.. The public schools can't be built fast enough just put it that way...

The early grade school kids (anchor babies) still struggle to speak and learn English and hold back the American kids.. End result is our kids are getting more stupid in the early grades in the Sanctuary cities and States..

THAT'S KEEPING IT REAL!!!! California is broke... We have a new gasoline tax now at the pumps...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-18 at 09:52 PM.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

No but my good friend is a teacher at a High school and Carry's concealed weapon ex marine..teaches biology. Says he will use it to protect students and staff even tjough its against the rules

12 Last