chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Should Members Be Required To Include Records When Posting Picks?

This topic has long been debated.

Some fellow posters believe that yes, keeping & updating records should required in picks-threads.

Others think it's unnecessary, that posting shouldn't be considered a job, and that it's not his/her responsibility in helping determine if other posters follow him blindly or knowingly regarding their overall record.

Both sides have valid arguments.

I used to track & provide my record each & every day for years on the forums when posting my NBA plays. As a matter of fact as an example for those who don't include them in threads, here they are:

2006/2007 NBA Record: 254-214-8 / +50.41 Units
    2007/2008 NBA Record: 166-143-1 / +31.32 Units
    2008/2009 NBA Record: 262-229-11 / +32.74 Units
    2009/2010 NBA Record: 289-242-8 / +96.12 Units
    2010/2011 NBA Record: 77-68-1 / -3.40 Units
    All Plays Documented On Forum

I think that some posters feel they'll receive too much negativity if they are losing.

It never happened to me, but I have seen many posters get critiqued for just that.

Seeing that happen is one of the bigger reasons I stopped posting my plays.

So since I used to post my records, I feel I have a right to an opinion on the matter, so here it is my friends:

I would recommend posters include their records as they will earn more respect overall for doing so.

But at the same time, i don't feel one should be required to do so & catch heat if they don't.

Even if they aren't including their records, most members are witty enough to know if another poster is up or down.

Lastly, let's not forget that at least they have the cajones to post plays.

Your opinions?
    it is called a memory for a reason. I know lb is about a 500 poster unless I go against him than he is superman and undefeated. Gambling is work . The guys that normally lose are the ones that don't put the work in. If ever I see rudi put a I leave if i don't hit this bet.....I pound the other
    side.
    A)he will never leave
    b) he never wins those
    C) him and his cronies will tell you this site can't afford to lose him.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Yes, and post up a real fukking ticket of your bet

You want to get on here and say you have a play, cool. But show me you're on it and for how much.

Yes, that matters
    does a 10 dollar ticket count?

SAX27
    SAX27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5738

This is fun....Chico is on it...simply post your plays, keep an ongoing record which can be verified and let the numbers do the talking!!

Again, I personally dont pay attention to those who dont track, attention hoes dont work!!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is why SBR has developed a tool to help us do this. It is called a Betting Spreadsheet. Now the truth of the matter is simply this. Those who will not keep a betting spreadsheet will not do so because they are the biggest Chicken S**ts in here and do not want all of us to know what most of us already know. That is the fact that these idiots are terrible and consistently lose their tails, IF (ad that is a BIG IF), they even wager at all. I think that those dumb Ba**ards should be run out of here. They are nothing but a bunch of pu**y whipped Chicken S**ts.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is why SBR has developed a tool to help us do this. It is called a Betting Spreadsheet. Now the truth of the matter is simply this. Those who will not keep a betting spreadsheet will not do so because they are the biggest Chicken S**ts in here and do not want all of us to know what most of us already know. That is the fact that these idiots are terrible and consistently lose their tails, IF (ad that is a BIG IF), they even wager at all. I think that those dumb Ba**ards should be run out of here. They are nothing but a bunch of pu**y whipped Chicken S**ts.
    Could you please tell us how you really feel?

chico2663

i keep track in my thread. I am decent in baseball and cbb. Fade the hell out of me in nfl or cfb. I don't bet pro basketball because you don't know which player was banging some broad all night and maybe tired.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

but what matters in a record? for me if you dont show line movement and line value, I dont care if you picked 100 straight winners that to me is luck without line movement
    Nerfs keep records of wins losses and some slight CLV, sharps mainly line value and win to implied, that is the big problem records are garbage without line value

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

DanShan is right, records are meaningless without context and there can be so much more to a tracked record than just the broad win-loss-tie numbers.

I've been showing this by example, with winning records, for a couple of week's now in the CFL thread.

danshan11

give me the link to your cfl thread, if you could please, I would like to look at it.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    give me the link to your cfl thread, if you could please, I would like to look at it.
    I’ve read kvb cfl threads for several seasons even tho I have no interest or knowledge of CFL. Enjoy reading his theories, logic behind how he determines wagers as it much different than my own. Sharp guy.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I’ve read kvb cfl threads for several seasons even tho I have no interest or knowledge of CFL. Enjoy reading his theories, logic behind how he determines wagers as it much different than my own. Sharp guy.
    hes an average guy that acts sharp

all of his theories are well known and are now DUMBED DOWN talk for what sharps knew years ago

danshan11

just model a line and bet accordingly. IS there another way of doing it?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Jjgold should track records for every poster

SilverSpoon111
    Do me a favor please hold this L
    SilverSpoon111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where is the spreadsheet on here if you don't mind

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

What a brok dikk
    Lol

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpoon111 View Post
    Where is the spreadsheet on here if you don't mind
    http://SilverSpoon111.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

SilverSpoon111

Thanks sir!

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Here is the most famous SBR spreadsheet, for comparison purposes, belongs to Mr. Gold:

http://jjgold.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

SilverSpoon111

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Here is the most famous SBR spreadsheet, for comparison purposes, belongs to Mr. Gold:

http://jjgold.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

Dam old boy has put in some work huh.

danshan11

thanks for the link fellas!, Anything I can do just lmk

First ... 2345