Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Are Youth Sports Out Of Control?

Was at my nephews basketball game. Coach yelling at players and refs. Parents yelling at kids.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

were u shaving points

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most parents losers today's world

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2310

I blame Lavar and BBB

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

The world is out of control.It is really not a good world right now. U have mass shootings everyday, everything is racist sexist or homophobic,you are the cool person if you cut off ur dik and become a women now. People cheat on there spouses all the time now, families are getting broken everyday and a kid doesnt have a father and a mother teaching them about life. Perverts around every corner,just a disgusting world and i dont see it getting better. Plus yes otter youth sports is out of control 2,i ref 1-6 grade bball and you have parents that dont know a basketball from a golf ball yelling and screaming at refs and kids and coaches.

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    were u shaving points
    If there was a line I would bet it live. Given that the team had a player that kept shooting 3 pointers like he was Steph curry. He was like 2 for 15. And was holding up the 3 sign when he made it. Then stomping his feet and making making faces when he missed.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I got ejected and suspended from coaching the next game from my daughters 3-4 grade little dribblers game last year. In my defense, that ref was a total incompetent prick, and I stand by everything I said.

We we ended up winning both those games to win district, and then won the whole motherfukker at the regional tournament. So it’s pretty clear I had a major fukkin clue.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

I was at a middle school girls basketball game for my niece about 2 years ago. The parents in the stands were absolutely out of control. Yelling at the refs about every damn thing. It’s a crying shame because these refs are doing this for basically nothing and that type of shit makes them want nothing to do with it....To much pressure from parents don’t let kids enjoy it and have fun

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Youth sports are a waste of time. Kid should be home reading a book.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    end of thread

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

If you are looking for bad behavior, you will find it. If you are looking for good sportsmanship and hard work, you will also see that as well.

This is one of those topics that I think gets conflated "these days". There has always been bad behavior... and really good. I coached my sons baseball and basketball teams a few years back, and I loved every minute of it. Always took a less than great roster and worked it into shape for playoffs. The kids all enjoyed being pushed, and parents as well. I had one complaint by one parent about how I was pushing his son... he was the best on the Bball team. He is now in college on a full ride bball scholarship. I'm not saying I'm at all responsible for that, but I did recognize his talent and made him the PG, when he was the biggest guy on the team. Most selfish coaches would put the big kid in the paint.

GT21Megatron

totally disagree. Sports are a team game. The game of life is a team game. There are valuable lessons that can be learned at young ages. Winning and losing....teamwork...Social interaction....It’s healthy but parents need to step back and let kids enjoy it more

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    totally disagree. Sports are a team game. The game of life is a team game. There are valuable lessons that can be learned at young ages. Winning and losing....teamwork...Social interaction....It’s healthy but parents need to step back and let kids enjoy it more
    Those parents were once youth players. Seems they didn't learn those valuable lessons you speak of.

GT21Megatron

Those parents were once youth players. Seems they didn't learn those valuable lessons you speak of.
    Or they were the ones reading books

Clutchut12

Thats not a bad point,i played AAU ball all my life,lived for playing sports and was a high school star. Got the best pusss all through school and was the most popular kid in town, but i was a fkin knucklehead with the books and school because of that I had to go to a Junior college because of my grades instead of a full ride to a division 2 school. JUCO was a joke and i was done in a semster. So pros of playing sports is i married my sisters hot friend who was a cheerleader at our rival school and she was in love with me through high school and now i have a great family and solid financial foundation thanks to my wife. Cons is i didnt study and ****** around all through school and ****** around in college and now i will never have but a braindead job all my life cause i didnt get a college degree. But fuk it i wouldnt change a thing just because of all the trim i got in high school!!!!!!

Otters27

Just read Lavar ball yapping about Lonzo won't resign with Lakers unless they sign liangelo

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Thats not a bad point,i played AAU ball all my life,lived for playing sports and was a high school star. Got the best pusss all through school and was the most popular kid in town, but i was a fkin knucklehead with the books and school because of that I had to go to a Junior college because of my grades instead of a full ride to a division 2 school. JUCO was a joke and i was done in a semster. So pros of playing sports is i married my sisters hot friend who was a cheerleader at our rival school and she was in love with me through high school and now i have a great family and solid financial foundation thanks to my wife. Cons is i didnt study and ****** around all through school and ****** around in college and now i will never have but a braindead job all my life cause i didnt get a college degree. But fuk it i wouldnt change a thing just because of all the trim i got in high school!!!!!!
    This!!!! I went to D2 school on a full ride for soccer. My high school had 100 people in graduating class. My parents really didn’t let me do much of anything so when I got to college I was on academic probation after one semester. Chasing muff, drinking everyday and never going to class. Scored so bad on placement tests I was in two classes that didn’t even count for credits. Had like a 1.5 or some shit and ended up taking summer school to make up credits. I went and got my degree but it took me long enough to be a fuking doctor but I have it. 8-1 girl to guy ratio was like fishing in a barrel. I met my wife because it took me so long and now we’re great with a 2 year old and financially stable. It’s crazy how all this shit works out in the end and for a reason
    Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave GT21Megatron 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    This!!!! I went to D2 school on a full ride for soccer. My high school had 100 people in graduating class. My parents really didn’t let me do much of anything so when I got to college I was on academic probation after one semester. Chasing muff, drinking everyday and never going to class. Scored so bad on placement tests I was in two classes that didn’t even count for credits. Had like a 1.5 or some shit and ended up taking summer school to make up credits. I went and got my degree but it took me long enough to be a fuking doctor but I have it. 8-1 girl to guy ratio was like fishing in a barrel. I met my wife because it took me so long and now we’re great with a 2 year old and financially stable. It’s crazy how all this shit works out in the end and for a reason
    Enjoy the time with the kid man,my boy is 5 now and i already miss when he was 2. Best thing in the world enjoy it!!
    Points Awarded:

GT21Megatron gave Clutchut12 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

40% of babies are mistakes so obviously most of those parents weren’t candidates to be good Or didn’t want to be parents but had to be

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    The world is out of control.It is really not a good world right now. U have mass shootings everyday, everything is racist sexist or homophobic,you are the cool person if you cut off ur dik and become a women now. People cheat on there spouses all the time now, families are getting broken everyday and a kid doesnt have a father and a mother teaching them about life. Perverts around every corner,just a disgusting world and i dont see it getting better. Plus yes otter youth sports is out of control 2,i ref 1-6 grade bball and you have parents that dont know a basketball from a golf ball yelling and screaming at refs and kids and coaches.

You pretty much summed it up.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

sports are for f@gs

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

my dad was one of those dads who yelled all the time from the stands i was so embarrassed, wish parents would just chill out watch their kids without being so crazy

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Like 20 years ago, a buddy of mine was the coach for a little league bball team. The real ref called out sick 30 minutes before tipoff. He calls me to help him out of a jam. Being the nice guy I am, I said no problem even though I never reffed a game in my life. Long story short, parents were way out of hand and about half way through the game, I call a timeout and verbally layed into them like there was no tomorrow. I think they got the message because they didn’t make a peep the rest of the game. Anyway, I’ve never reffed a kids game again and you couldn’t get me to do it for 500 bucks.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Parents like Opie1988 are what's wrong with today's society. He once told me, in confidence, that he injects some kind of anabolic steroid into his daughter's chocolate milkshake each morning. I told him he disgusted me, and asked him what the hell was wrong with him. You know what his response was? "All I care about is that fat WNBA contract coming down the pipeline!"

He is a monster.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Need them to keep playing so we can continue to bet on sports later in life. They are "OUR" future.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Some parents are definitely crazy - including me at times - but I'm not sure if it's really anywhere worse today than it was when I was a kid. I remember parents arcing up at our games back then. Maybe we just hear about it more these days.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Some parents are definitely crazy - including me at times - but I'm not sure if it's really anywhere worse today than it was when I was a kid. I remember parents arcing up at our games back then. Maybe we just hear about it more these days.
    Everybodys got a camera so we actually have proof of parents being crazy now.

jjgold

I remember Opie posted a video two years ago from baseball game or softball game from his kid I never saw somebody scream and yell so much, I think his daughter strike out and he went absolutely nuts on her

The kid was crying and he still kept yelling at her saying after the game you’re going to the batting cage for the next four hours and the girl kept crying I felt bad for and then the wife tried to stick up for her daughter and he almost lunged at her rage

The guy was also fighting with other friends and fans

He is the face of what is wrong with youth sports

Typical parent sikko who thinks his kids going to be a professional

Let the kids do whatever they like Stop living in their shoes and trying to live their lives

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Everybodys got a camera so we actually have proof of parents being crazy now.
    Yeah I'm thinking you're right. I remember a dad jumping the boards at an under 12's hockey game so he could take a pop at one of the kids from the other team! Luckily the ref stopped him from reaching the boy but he'd be turned into a Facebook meme within an hour these days.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Parents don’t even watch the game. They watch their kid and have clouded judgement because of it. Lil Johnny sucks a lot can do no wrong in their eyes.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

My kid loves sports. It’s her absolute passion. Obviously she’s grown up in a sports enthusiast home...but she’s developed her own desire to play.

I think sports are very important. It taught me so much about mental toughness, teamwork, and so many other things. You also develop friendships with teammates that you simply can’t have unless you’ve been in the trenches of competition with someone.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

LOL...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Just read Lavar ball yapping about Lonzo won't resign with Lakers unless they sign liangelo
    I'd like to see Lonzo go.. Too much drama.. Lavar is out of his mind. Brothers won't even make the NBA draft the way things are going for them....https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/1...kers-brothers/

Lock em up!!! ...

VeggieDog

Isn't there a PSA about yelling at your kids during a game? They show the dad at work nervously making a presentation to a room full of executives and his kid is there yelling at him. "Do better!" "Get your head in the game!"

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

otters was this by chance in connecticut? my friends middle school team, the opponnets parents were shouting out racial slurs. was big on the news.

12 Last