Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    With the exact same swing a Pro V 1 will be within a couple yards of any distance ball
    I just tend to lose them right more often. I really haven't played much the last few years. Before kids it was easy to go play twilight rounds a few times a week and my weekends were fairly open. In the fall and spring I rarely have an open afternoon or weekend.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    I just tend to lose them right more often. I really haven't played much the last few years. Before kids it was easy to go play twilight rounds a few times a week and my weekends were fairly open. In the fall and spring I rarely have an open afternoon or weekend.
    If you play rarely then it won't matter what ball you use unless you have the ability to still play decent that way

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

If you play rarely then it won't matter what ball you use unless you have the ability to still play decent that way
    5-6 years ago I was playing 2x a week and I was a 90s golfer that could sneak into the 80s occasionally. Last year I played twice. I'm planning to play a lot more this year.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    5-6 years ago I was playing 2x a week and I was a 90s golfer that could sneak into the 80s occasionally. Last year I played twice. I'm planning to play a lot more this year.
    If you get to the point of possibly breaking 90 a urethane ball will help you

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I have purchased thousands of them and you have not purchased any
    I guess that makes our knowledge of the subject equal
    I hope you get a bad case of the yips

Maggies I mean not worth the savings TO ME.

Not because the balls are bad.

But because I would not have as much confidence in them.

Please hope instead that your sound advice gains me the 3 strokes you promised.

That is my goal, to avg under 90 this season.

If it happens, I will give you all the credit

If it doesn’t, I will smear your good name.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

If you're more than a mid-single digit handicapper, it doesn't matter what kind of ball you play. You don't have the athletic ability to take advantage of the technology.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

98% of golfers can use any ball

This thread is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    If you're more than a mid-single digit handicapper, it doesn't matter what kind of ball you play. You don't have the athletic ability to take advantage of the technology.

grease lightnin
    &

Thank you for stating what 90% of posters in this thread have already stated.

As far as “athletic ability”, I am coming up on my 4th season of playing golf, I had never swung a golf club before 2015. I knocked 6 strokes off my handicap last year. I don’t know exactly when, but I will be a mid single digit handicapper one day, for sure.

Thanks again for your sound advice, floridagolfer.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Let me tell you the only thing you need to know right now, go buy some fukking V1’s and find a chipping green.

Rudy acting like the ball doesn’t matter but wants you to consider rough heighth and green slope No wonder the course pro thought you were trolling him

I have little doubt Mags is giving good advice the problem is he can buy used balls and know which ones are duds where you’ll buy used balls and think a dud is brand new.

Stick with new v1’s and I’ll see you at the practice range and i’ll get you low 80’s in 3 months

And then you can worry about the slope of the green

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

And ffs, get a decent set. You “have the $$$”.

Since you have money and swing like my grandmother pick up the Honma Beres irons, and a Miz18 wedge

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Dawgy said this long ago

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Let me tell you the only thing you need to know right now, go buy some fukking V1’s and find a chipping green.

Rudy acting like the ball doesn’t matter but wants you to consider rough heighth and green slope No wonder the course pro thought you were trolling him

I have little doubt Mags is giving good advice the problem is he can buy used balls and know which ones are duds where you’ll buy used balls and think a dud is brand new.

Stick with new v1’s and I’ll see you at the practice range and i’ll get you low 80’s in 3 months

And then you can worry about the slope of the green
    reading comprehension your problem?

this guy is a fukkin drug abusing nurse and now knows everything about golf

only at SBR

grease lightnin
    &

Kraken coming with clear and sound logic as per usual

I like my mizuno irons other than the 4 and 5 hybrids. I bought a mizuno 5 iron off of eBay thinking it would help, but it turns out it is more of a blade. I have made some solid shots with it, but it is not as forgiving as my other irons.

A couple of my pals got the same set of ping irons and they added like 10 yds per club. I may look at those.

And it may eventually come down to just pro v1s but I am gonna try these other balls maggies is talking about and see what happens.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Kraken coming with clear and sound logic as per usual

I like my mizuno irons other than the 4 and 5 hybrids. I bought a mizuno 5 iron off of eBay thinking it would help, but it turns out it is more of a blade. I have made some solid shots with it, but it is not as forgiving as my other irons.

A couple of my pals got the same set of ping irons and they added like 10 yds per club. I may look at those.

And it may eventually come down to just pro v1s but I am gonna try these other balls maggies is talking about and see what happens.
    take into consideration the shaft, loft, length of clubs, angle

maybe they were just fitted for the clubs by a pro and you just fukkin bought off of ebay

that could be the problem, but hey lets not let common sense get in the way.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    take into consideration the shaft, loft, length of clubs, angle

maybe they were just fitted for the clubs by a pro and you just fukkin bought off of ebay

that could be the problem, but hey lets not let common sense get in the way.

i got my irons at golf smith

I bought the 1 5 iron on eBay, I may go to golf galaxy at lunch and see what they have in 4’s and 5’s preowned.

Do you think I should get a 60 degree? I only have a 56 now.

edit: Rudy I have had a few lessons with a pro and he said my irons were good for me.

RudyRuetigger

you just said you don't even play flop shots so why would you need a 60

grease lightnin
    &

you just said you don't even play flop shots so why would you need a 60
    Then I said I was gonna try and develop these shots during preliminary rounds in league this year.

RudyRuetigger

Then I said I was gonna try and develop these shots during preliminary rounds in league this year.
    ok get one

open your stance (aim way left)

lay club with face open (towards the pin)

move your hands backwards (no forward wrist, keep them even slightly behind the ball)

swing in the direction your feet are aimed and hit 1 inch behind the ball

same as a fukkin bunker shot

YOU ARE WELCOME

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Thank you for stating what 90% of posters in this thread have already stated.

As far as “athletic ability”, I am coming up on my 4th season of playing golf, I had never swung a golf club before 2015. I knocked 6 strokes off my handicap last year. I don’t know exactly when, but I will be a mid single digit handicapper one day, for sure.

Thanks again for your sound advice, floridagolfer.
    That's what I'm here for.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Make sure to keep the body still when attempting a flop shot

grease lightnin
    &

ok get one

open your stance (aim way left)

lay club with face open (towards the pin)

move your hands backwards (no forward wrist, keep them even slightly behind the ball)

swing in the direction your feet are aimed and hit 1 inch behind the ball

same as a fukkin bunker shot

YOU ARE WELCOME

Cool. Gonna head to golf galaxy in a few

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Bunker shots easy around green

Tough from fairways

grease lightnin
    &

Ok so I went to Golf Galaxy. Guy there says I should be able to hit hybrids out of the rough, and it is in my head. I told him my golf partner told me not to, that I would duff it like a 3 wood. The guy at golf galaxy said my partner is old and iron-biased, and that hybrids are rescue clubs that you should be able to hit out of the rough????

He also said I shouldn’t get new irons until I am a 12-14 handicap. He said I could have them fit my current irons but that he thought more lessons would be a better investment.

I will be coming up with a plan to improve and practicing on lunch breaks.

Greaser will be averaging 87’s before this season is over, mark my words.

grease lightnin
    &

Got a dozen project A’s @ Amazon $27.14

and a dozen 330 rxs’s for $32.14

Will try them out and see where we are at.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

maggiethebestdog

Ok so I went to Golf Galaxy. Guy there says I should be able to hit hybrids out of the rough, and it is in my head. I told him my golf partner told me not to, that I would duff it like a 3 wood. The guy at golf galaxy said my partner is old and iron-biased, and that hybrids are rescue clubs that you should be able to hit out of the rough????

He also said I shouldn’t get new irons until I am a 12-14 handicap. He said I could have them fit my current irons but that he thought more lessons would be a better investment.

I will be coming up with a plan to improve and practicing on lunch breaks.

Greaser will be averaging 87’s before this season is over, mark my words.
    LOL
    The guy that just cleaned the toilet at Golf Galaxy gave you his expert opinion
    When you have a bad lie in the rough and can't reach the green anyway it makes no sense to try and hit a hybrid
    Get the ball back in play and try and par the hole
    A wide open shot out of the rough when it's not buried is fine to try and get a hybrid or wood on it

You will never break 90
    Brooks and myself no longer want to play with you
    Play your rounds with Rudy, Firedawg and the expert at Golf Galaxy, who makes $10/hr and couldn't break 100 if his life depended on it

I have to go to Jiffy Lube now
    The guy that unclogs the drains there is going to tell me how to replace my engine

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Pro V1 4 Life.
    Played them basically since they came out b/c of the way the felt with irons and putting. Consistency was key.
    Have to make a change this season. Simply can`t move it like I used to.
    Also no where near as serious about the game.
    10 years ago or so I got in 120 rounds/year.

grease lightnin
    &

LOL
    The guy that just cleaned the toilet at Golf Galaxy gave you his expert opinion
    When you have a bad lie in the rough and can't reach the green anyway it makes no sense to try and hit a hybrid
    Get the ball back in play and try and par the hole
    A wide open shot out of the rough when it's not buried is fine to try and get a hybrid or wood on it

You will never break 90
    Brooks and myself no longer want to play with you
    Play your rounds with Rudy, Firedawg and the expert at Golf Galaxy, who makes $10/hr and couldn't break 100 if his life depended on it

I have to go to Jiffy Lube now
    The guy that unclogs the drains there is going to tell me how to replace my engine

Why is everyone so sensitive about golf advice???

I don’t remember you saying anything about not trying to hit a hybrid out of the rough.

I went to golf galaxy to ask about getting fitted for new irons and the guy said I didn’t need them.

He was pretty confident about his recommendation to hit hybrids out of the rough. He actually said he hears that from old guys all the time and it’s not true.

maggiethebestdog

Why is everyone so sensitive about golf advice???

I don’t remember you saying anything about not trying to hit a hybrid out of the rough.

I went to golf galaxy to ask about getting fitted for new irons and the guy said I didn’t need them.

He was pretty confident about his recommendation to hit hybrids out of the rough. He actually said he hears that from old guys all the time and it’s not true.
    lol
    Dude, I am a Golf expert. Comparing my advice to the Golf Galaxy guy is like comparing cooking advice from the deep fry guy at Long John Silver's to Gordon Ramsay

Old???? I Drive the ball 275 easily. I can play a PGA Tour Course twice a month, with no practice, from the back tees and easily shoot 82. The guy at Golf Galaxy couldn't break 90 at a putt putt course

There is a reason that the overwhelming majority of people who play golf are terrible. True, it is a hard game, but it is even harder when people have no clue what they are doing. Rudy was right. The PGA has ruined the game. They would have you believe some retard who passes a course a monkey could pass is some golf expert. Ever wonder why people who take lessons NEVER get better??? I had friends that were Pros. They knew they were con artists and money grubbers. Certainly some people could benefit from some pointers, but that has been turned into a televangelist type business.

I caddied for a friend on Tour for a short while. I was his swing coach. I could have you breaking 90 in 3 months.
    Dicks Sporting Goods/Golf Galaxy stores have ZERO credibility with knowledgeable golf people

For the fukkin 900th time
    par 4 420 yds
    You drive the ball in the rough with a tough lie with 180-200 left and there are some obstructions along the way
    Your odds of hitting the green are slim at best and if the lie is poor there is still a good chance you don't make clean contact with the ball
    It could go anywhere and even if you hit it clean odds are it doesn't find the green
    You bring a high number into play for no reward
    Take a fukkin 8 iron and get it in the fairway with under 100 yds to the green and count on your scoring clubs
    unless you fukk up severely, 5 is your worst score, don't hit hybrid just right, bring 7 into play
    EVEn if you hit the hybrid right, you have not really guaranteed anything because it is a hard shot

par 5
    540 yds
    hit your drive decent in the rough but a reasonable lie
    No major obstructions, there is no reason to NOT to hit a wood or a hybrid, whichever fits the shot better
    Even if you mishit it, you should be in no worse shape than any other shot

all about risk, reward

but hey, what the fukk do I know, the guy at golf galaxy knows better

Once again, no joking aside, think about it
    Why does everyone suck at golf?????? Even with all the great lessons and retail advice????
    Because nobody listens to anyone that isn't trying to get in their wallet or isn't some hack at a retail store

Golf is a tough game physically, much harder mentally

Oh, also, about the old thing
    At the same time, I could kick your ass along with the minimum wage worker from golf galaxy
    just sayin

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I’m on a hole with a spinning windmill. When is the exact moment I should putt? Thanks!

maggiethebestdog

One last post from the old guy
    Golf was my 4th best sport in school
    Football, BBall, baseball
    All state in all

Now you know
    fukk off

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

maggies dog straight serving littleday LOL wat a cuck boy

grease lightnin
    &

lol
    Dude, I am a Golf expert. Comparing my advice to the Golf Galaxy guy is like comparing cooking advice from the deep fry guy at Long John Silver's to Gordon Ramsay

Old???? I Drive the ball 275 easily. I can play a PGA Tour Course twice a month, with no practice, from the back tees and easily shoot 82. The guy at Golf Galaxy couldn't break 90 at a putt putt course

There is a reason that the overwhelming majority of people who play golf are terrible. True, it is a hard game, but it is even harder when people have no clue what they are doing. Rudy was right. The PGA has ruined the game. They would have you believe some retard who passes a course a monkey could pass is some golf expert. Ever wonder why people who take lessons NEVER get better??? I had friends that were Pros. They knew they were con artists and money grubbers. Certainly some people could benefit from some pointers, but that has been turned into a televangelist type business.

I caddied for a friend on Tour for a short while. I was his swing coach. I could have you breaking 90 in 3 months.
    Dicks Sporting Goods/Golf Galaxy stores have ZERO credibility with knowledgeable golf people

For the fukkin 900th time
    par 4 420 yds
    You drive the ball in the rough with a tough lie with 180-200 left and there are some obstructions along the way
    Your odds of hitting the green are slim at best and if the lie is poor there is still a good chance you don't make clean contact with the ball
    It could go anywhere and even if you hit it clean odds are it doesn't find the green
    You bring a high number into play for no reward
    Take a fukkin 8 iron and get it in the fairway with under 100 yds to the green and count on your scoring clubs
    unless you fukk up severely, 5 is your worst score, don't hit hybrid just right, bring 7 into play
    EVEn if you hit the hybrid right, you have not really guaranteed anything because it is a hard shot

par 5
    540 yds
    hit your drive decent in the rough but a reasonable lie
    No major obstructions, there is no reason to NOT to hit a wood or a hybrid, whichever fits the shot better
    Even if you mishit it, you should be in no worse shape than any other shot

all about risk, reward

but hey, what the fukk do I know, the guy at golf galaxy knows better

Once again, no joking aside, think about it
    Why does everyone suck at golf?????? Even with all the great lessons and retail advice????
    Because nobody listens to anyone that isn't trying to get in their wallet or isn't some hack at a retail store

Golf is a tough game physically, much harder mentally

Oh, also, about the old thing
    At the same time, I could kick your ass along with the minimum wage worker from golf galaxy
    just sayin

Maggies I am glad your blood is pumping, but calm down old man, I don’t want you to stroke out.

Last year, when we were playing it down, if it was in the rough, I was hitting my 6 whether there were obstructions or not.

This is why I was thinking I’d get an actual 4 and 5 iron rather than hybrids.

But you are saying, if it is buried in rough, on a 540 yd par 5, with no obstructions, I should hit my hybrid.

Which is the same thing the retail golf galaxy guy said.

grease lightnin
    &

One last post from the old guy
    Golf was my 4th best sport in school
    Football, BBall, baseball
    All state in all

Now you know
    fukk off

Maggies thank you for your advice.

If you ever want to play horse I will smoke your old ass.

I don’t give a fuk if you’re old, I have no mercy.

maggiethebestdog

Maggies I am glad your blood is pumping, but calm down old man, I don’t want you to stroke out.

Last year, when we were playing it down, if it was in the rough, I was hitting my 6 whether there were obstructions or not.

This is why I was thinking I’d get an actual 4 and 5 iron rather than hybrids.

But you are saying, if it is buried in rough, on a 540 yd par 5, with no obstructions, I should hit my hybrid.

Which is the same thing the retail golf galaxy guy said.
    The lie dictates what you hit out of the rough
    If a ball is buried, it will be very difficult to hit a hybrid for a less skilled player

Hybrids are certainly ok if the lie is ok or good
    Hybrid is easier to hit than 4 or 5 iron for most people

Why is this so difficult to understand

Leave me alone
    Go talk to your minimum wage retail golf expert boyfriend
    He will get you where you need to go

First ... 34567 Last