stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

NBA All Star Game

I'm just speaking for myself, I'm allowed to vent.

Can the media STFU already about this meaningless exhibition game that, I don't want to say nobody gives a shit about, but I couldn't give a rats ass about a game where both sides play matador defense. We all know how many points scored there will be. 818 points.

Honest to God, it's draft pick this, and captain that 24/7

And while I'm at it, can these overpaid gazillionaires that didn't make either squad I don't give a fuk if you think you deserve to make the team, stop bitching and acting all butt hurt, a) it's not a good look for a professional athlete b) I can neither empathize nor sympathize

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Do the players realllllyyyyy care if they make the team or not.... I don't think so. It's not going to make their pay cut any less or make a team not want him on their roster. Its all bullshit and throwing it in our face that they care.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i just like to watch the skills challenge 3 point contest and dunk contest all star game ends for me after those

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5051

Only all star game worth watching is baseball. I do like to watch the 3 point and dunk contest as well but I never watch the game. Worst is the NFL, they need to get rid of that game.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by BestPlay2day View Post
    Only all star game worth watching is baseball. I do like to watch the 3 point and dunk contest as well but I never watch the game. Worst is the NFL, they need to get rid of that game.
    pro bowl is a joke they don't even want to tackle

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Do the players realllllyyyyy care if they make the team or not.... I don't think so. It's not going to make their pay cut any less or make a team not want him on their roster. Its all bullshit and throwing it in our face that they care.
    They do care and when it comes to max and supermax contracts all star appearances can affect how much you can make

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

a bunch of losers that are in love with themselves

Sports are not competitive like they use to be

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm just speaking for myself, I'm allowed to vent.

Can the media STFU already about this meaningless exhibition game that, I don't want to say nobody gives a shit about, but I couldn't give a rats ass about a game where both sides play matador defense. We all know how many points scored there will be. 818 points.

Honest to God, it's draft pick this, and captain that 24/7

And while I'm at it, can these overpaid gazillionaires that didn't make either squad I don't give a fuk if you think you deserve to make the team, stop bitching and acting all butt hurt, a) it's not a good look for a professional athlete b) I can neither empathize nor sympathize
    I guess it depends what media you choose. I usually have the TV on FoxNews, or some car show, or silly sitcom. I'm on the internet doing pleny of research on capping games, or posting here, or many other random things online. I have not heard a damn thing about the NBA all star game except from the few threads here on SBR

So maybe you should stop watching that useless espn crap. They always pound something stupid - they used to be a really great brand that is really complete crap now. Watch FS1 if you MUST WATCH sports crap all the time. Far better programming

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Yeah I don't get it. Like who cares who picked who first? Does the NBA and media seriously think that changing the format to where captains pick teams will actually make people care about this? I think in the future they will televise the captains picking teams, which could be fun, but other than that who cares.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

I agree with you, but it’s too bad that my opinion doesn’t matter much. These guys make a lot of money.