ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

A terrible flaw, Books now use on their already underdog players

1. This, ugliness, I have just noticed these past 4 months.
    At least two Books, both starting with the letter B, have both shoved this, seemingly, new tough-guy rule down my throat, where they profoundly and proudly state:
    "We do not give out cancellations of any processed wagers."

Okay, I have ran into this problem twice within the past 4 months. One was an obvious software flaw--even sent a copy to the Book to show how it processed the wager. The wager--wow, what a major castasrophe for this book-- by allowing me to buy a 1/2, while their supposed rule says on certain sporting plays, we do not offer any buying of a 1/2 point.

Well, it certainly did on this occasion, and yes, I had to pay for the extra point, yet, this Book says no, you must take the wager without the already processed 1/2 point.
    They were downright ruthless with that decision and refused to budge. So I had a wager bought and paid for, yet, I certainly did not want that wager without that extra 1/2 point.

# 2. This other though-guy Book, just recently did everything but bar me, when they severely misjudged my already processed wager.
    It was a phone wager and for some crazy odd situation, I could not get my one single wager to accept the wager, using my cell-phone. I never use that phone to wager with, but this time I had computer problems so i had no choice.

I attempted 5 or 6 times to choose two college basketball team's for a fairly large 2-team parlay. {Are you kidding, they flinched on a parlay?}
    Well, the damn phone keep picking up the wrong team--I mean several times it happened.
    Finally, I decided to call this B-Book and do it live on the phone. Well, guess what, now, somehow, a team I never wanted, never even thought of selecting, in some crazy computer/phone glitch, managed to, already, get into this 2-team parlay I was about to fill out while talking live to the man who managed the wagering dept.?

I heard him say you only need ne team to fill now because you already have one college team already processed into this new parlay. What? I never toughed that team and plainly told him abut the processing trouble I had for at least 15 minutes earlier, trying to select my 2-team'er.
    Well, he bluntly stated, "We do not cancel wagers."

Now this is great. Their software, like I said, already plucked that team from somewhere, somehow, and now, with my nice sized sum of money already submitted, I am supposed to accept this foreign team as one of my 2-team selections?
    Damn! I immediately got very nervous, knowing this fellow soundly very serious when he said, "we do not cancel processed wagers."
    Well, I explained to him the huge problem I had trying to process the wager on my cell-phone, yet, like a stonewall, he kept repeating this ready-dumb rule. The one, evidently, being solely implemented, to[ they say, to protect the Book and it's players]?

Afer having no luck trying to reach for some compassion out of this robotic fellow, I asked him to get me a supervisor. After a few more times of asking for another possible opinion from another level up--meanwhile, he still says that rule will stand no matter what.

Okay, I finally did get the supervisor on the phone. Wow, he must have been waiting for me it appears, saying the wager was processed long ago, maybe as long as 50 minutes. And he will not budge from this rule that helps the wager and the Book.

First of all, he was wrong. I had made several calls, to this Book and had talked to at least 2 or 3 different ladies, and even the same fellow who refused to cancel that wager, at least twice with phone calls.

Well, this supervisor had a different story, of course, the wrong one. Now, I am practically seething with anger. All I want is get this MFR 2-team parlay in! That's it! The right parlay not the wrong 2 teams.
    Being a longtime customer, I bitched like hell, and finally, the S.V. relented. But not before he blurted.."This is the last time, you hear me, never again will I cancel any of your wagers."

Almost the end of story, except for one important factor; I lost big time on the original play I selected. The one they vehemently refused to allow me to use, but finally did. The other half, of course, did win.

How do I feel now after all this unnecessary hassle? Thoroughly disgusted, with how the Books have slowly but surely, implemented rules that.." Protect the player and the Book."

I did not feel protected at all.
    #1 Book? I will not go back to Book #1..ever.

#2 Book? I am barley hanging in there with funds and will I go back if I lose them entirely? Good question.

ABEHONEST

I remember when Books would give you a respectful courtesy, and allow you--within reason--to cancel an unwanted wager.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

pull out of both of them, especially A. lots of books out there

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Abe do you still have a rotary phone?
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave grease lightnin 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I will not live much longer. I am holding my breath, believing, we surely have some gambling soulmates on board here, who have enough empathy in them to relate to this very problem.
    Bye all....I...guc..gl.........chok...

grease lightnin
    &

Abe I think situation A was complete bullshit. If their software allowed you to buy a half point, they should honor the bet.

Situation B.... waters seem to be a little muddier there.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

If you bought a point and they say that was not supposed to be allo was then they should not be able to push wager down without the other point.

The other scenario Id wager you are just a fukking moron.

ABEHONEST

Abe I think situation A was complete bullshit. If their software allowed you to buy a half point, they should honor the bet.

Situation B.... waters seem to be a little muddier there.
    So, Grease, you are okay with that 'helpful-rule' of no cancellations?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Abe, do your diapers need changing?

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    So, Grease, you are okay with that 'helpful-rule' of no cancellations?

Yes because books adjust their lines according to wagers they have already taken.

Cancelling bets could expose them to unnecessary risk.

I thought we have been over this before, Abe?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That could be a threat ender
    I guess if it’s a small wager they don’t care to cancel it

Yes because books adjust their lines according to wagers they have already taken.

Cancelling bets could expose them to unnecessary risk.

I thought we have been over this before, Abe?

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Well, a 2-team parlay under 210 bucks? My word. These young suckers-yes, you--have no commonsense it appears, to allow Books to smother you with unfair rules that DO NOT protect you at all.
    And these same young-suckers, are likely the reason these Books can implement such outrageous bs rules.
    They go right along without a whimper and the old vet's like ABE/Gold, must abide, too, whether we like it or not.

The young suckers? They are the ones that think sports gambling is all a joke. And when they go broke as usual, they would just as soon see you go down with them rather than stay competitive and would never even think about standing up for better percentage than what these Books are now wanting to give you.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I guess a book could make a policy that says they will cancel small bets, but won’t cancel a bet over a certain amount, but why? There is nothing for them to benefit from in making such a policy.

ABEHONEST

I guess a book could make a policy that says they will cancel small bets, but won’t cancel a bet over a certain amount, but why? There is nothing for them to benefit from in making such a policy.
    Grease, sorry, but you are sounding much like those fellow's above I was talking about? Grease, you need more grease under your betting wheels, then you can be a much better diplomat for us battlin' sports gambler's.

That suggestion you make above is quite naive. The one where they adjust their lines on smallish wagers such as the one I did. Many of these Books merely want to choke you out. Wake up, Grease, and heat up a cup of coffee to see if you your smell'er is working? Working enough to get a better scent of some sports gambling logic?

ABEHONEST

Good guess, old maestro. That #2 Book has me on a much faster line changing method now, whereas, before my little complaint, it seemed they could care less how long their lines lay there. Of course, don't they all have that little "helper" that recycles all the sport's lines every few seconds?

I mean the logging out timer is much faster now.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

grease lightnin
    &

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

He moves abound pay phone to pay phone.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Bmkr Bovada

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Hopefully you won wager 1 and 2. Or split anyway.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    He moves abound pay phone to pay phone.
    The young loser's club member's, chime in.

grease lightnin
    &

Abe, I am in the Young Winners’ Club, pal

ABEHONEST

Good guess, old maestro. That #2 Book has me on a much faster line changing method now, whereas, before my little complaint, it seemed they could care less how long their lines lay there. Of course, don't they all have that little "helper" that recycles all the sport's lines every few seconds?

I mean the logging out timer is much faster now.
    Two things:
    The above post was meant for JJ.
    Also, the parlay amount was more like under the figure, 260, not 210.
    * I lost, but they probably thought I was potentially trying to hit for 5 trillion bucks.

ABEHONEST

Abe, I am in the Young Winners’ Club, pal
    What does Grease do when he makes a boo-boo, or a Book's software makes the boo-boo, and inserts a wager for 1300.00, instead of the correct figure of 130.00, leaving him with a balance of 45 bucks?
    Does he make a quick complaint, or merely make a small whimper and take the what lady-luck tosses him?

No, not calling Grease a rat but I see him taking this reaction a rat does when a bit unset. Hint. Books don't respect gambler's who only whimper.

I bet this video will be Grease's reaction.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

the rule is fine but it should go both ways. if they post bad lines they should have to eat it. offering the right odds is their job after all.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

abe pummeled within minutes
    Last edited by CWD; 01-17-18 at 06:44 PM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Abe...As an SBR PRO you deserve much better treatment.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Abe...As an SBR PRO you deserve much better treatment.
    Thank you. I agree, alas, though, this is our new world of teen-bullies on the net. I guess I should complain but I simply don't have all the necessary energy it takes to battle this better energized horde of stupidity, so I allow them to expose their ignorance. They'll know better in a few 100 years.

* Or maybe their kid's will?

grease lightnin
    &

Abe you are a good old guy

Sorry for bullying you

ABEHONEST

Abe you are a good old guy

Sorry for bullying you
    Just take my gambling tips, Kid, and you'll be fine. Your comedy is not that great so try the ballgames for a different method of fun.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Thank you. I agree, alas, though, this is our new world of teen-bullies on the net. I guess I should complain but I simply don't have all the necessary energy it takes to battle this better energized horde of stupidity, so I allow them to expose their ignorance. They'll know better in a few 100 years.

* Or maybe their kid's will?
    My life for the horde

grease lightnin
    &

Just take my gambling tips, Kid, and you'll be fine. Your comedy is not that great so try the ballgames for a different method of fun.
    I have never seen you give a gambling tip.

ABEHONEST

I have never seen you give a gambling tip.
    That's because you focus on being cute and not paying attention.
    YOU, will never beat the hard-boiled Books, who keep making rules so tough, guys like you have no chance to win.
    Ever try Rounders? Learn to play that sport for fun and leave these ruthless Books alone.....Kid.

grease lightnin
    &

That's because you focus on being cute and not paying attention.
    YOU, will never beat the hard-boiled Books, who keep making rules so tough, guys like you have no chance to win.
    Ever try Rounders? Learn to play that sport for fun and leave these ruthless Books alone.....Kid.

I spanked betpop this season, gramps

12 Last