Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Jags vs. Pats: I don't think people realize how good the Pats secondary is.

I'm just gonna put this thread out there as a warning to people who all of the sudden love jax. Fournette is not a great RB like some may believe. He's no better than Dion Lewis, right now, at this point, in their careers. Fournette is a rookie and he'll be made to look like a rookie in this game.

The Patriots have the best secondary in the NFL.

Gilmore
    Butler
    Mccourtey
    Chung

Jax receivers are not getting open against those guys. Bortles will be forced into mistakes, because Patriots are going to score the ball, and Fournette won't be doing much.

Patriots are getting Rex Burkhead back. He hasn't played in weeks. Jax probably won't even gameplan for him for that reason. That's when Bellichick and Brady get you. Throw a new guy in there, a new wrinkle, and you're confused. Between him and white and Lewis and amendola, cooks, all these small little quick guys are going to give the Jags defense fits. The Jags are a big strong fast physical team. But they don't have the quickness to guard these little guys.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Pats going to have to force feed Gronk and the RBs in the passing game. Those receivers ain’t getting open.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I see a 34-13 type game

Big letdown coming Jags

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Agreed. Jags will look awful.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Pats going to have to force feed Gronk and the RBs in the passing game. Those receivers ain’t getting open.
    Yeah they will. Jalen Ramsey and Bouye aren't built to cover slot type receivers like Amendola. They can't. Even Cooks will burn Ramsey deep. Watch. Sure, Ramsey is amazing. But if you're gonna leave a guy who ran a 4.2 or 4.3 at the combine and is a solid wr, 1 on 1 coverage the entire day, chances are you're gonna lose a few of those battles. I don't care if you're Dion Sanders. offensive player in a 1 on 1 scenario in football, basketball, hockey -- any sport -- will always break free at some point. And you know they're gonna get Cooks 1 on 1 for most of the day because of Gronk needing to be doubled and the linebackers and safeties needing to stay home in the flats to cover Lewis Burkhead etc.

Goat Milk

This is where I take control of sbr till the superbowl.

Then reappear for the nba players and seize my throne once more

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

You’re preaching about a 9.5 point favorite dominating a game? Seriously is this for real? Really going out on a limb here

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

So what's the play?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    You’re preaching about a 9.5 point favorite dominating a game? Seriously is this for real? Really going out on a limb here
    Didn't I tell you already the Eagles would win and Atlanta would beat the Rams? I go out on limbs when I want. Up to you if you want to listen. Tony Pats are the play.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Seems like you forgot to watch college football the last 3 or 4 years if you think Fournette and Westbrook aren't elite.

Pats are bottom 5 in total yards per game given up, opponent yards per play, opponent completions per game, opponent touchdown percentage, Opponent passing yards per game, opponent first downs per game and many more

Glitch

I don't think the jags can keep up with the Pats and expect to see NE in the Superbowl too, but not because Fournette isn't good or because the NE secondary is.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Pats played down to some pretty crappy teams this year.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Seems like you forgot to watch college football the last 3 or 4 years if you think Fournette and Westbrook aren't elite.

Pats are bottom 5 in total yards per game given up, opponent yards per play, opponent completions per game, opponent touchdown percentage, Opponent passing yards per game, opponent first downs per game and many more
    So Westbrook and Fournette are elite because they did good against some 19 year old children? And that makes them elite at an NFL level playing against guys who are much faster, stronger, smarter? Westbrook did nothing this year. Zero. If he was so elite, why didn't he? Wasn't Bortles elite in college? Where is he now? No where. What about Trent Richardson? What about Eddie Lacy? What about a million first round picks who are busts, and who come out of college as "elite players."

Where is that guy John Ross who was the 7th pick in the draft and one of the best college wrs ever and fastest ever at the combine? He's nowhere. That's where.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I don't think the jags can keep up with the Pats and expect to see NE in the Superbowl too, but not because Fournette isn't good or because the NE secondary is.
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Pats played down to some pretty crappy teams this year.
    yeah, but reg season means nothing. never use reg season to cap playoffs in any sport. half the players on the pats have been to the superbowl so many damn times, that they only start to show up in the playoffs, because they know they'll win the division anyway. same thing for a ton of veteran teams. we see it in the nba all the time. the warriors and okc's of the world....try so hard in the reg season in the early 2010s...and just lose to Kobe every time in the playoffs. Bulls with Rose....beat miami with wade and bron all the time in the reg season...actually they swept them, tried so hard in reg season, got the number 1 record, number 1 in a shit ton of categories. what happened in the playoffs? a straight dick smack. miami 4-1.

gonna be the same exact thing with the celtics this year and cavs.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

All the talking heads have jumped on the Jags,you know what will happen Patriots will probably end up spanking them.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I watched a decent amount of Pats games this year as well as last and this team doesn't really have the same feel to it. I'm not saying they won't win but I feel like they are vulnerable. I guess we will see.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Me thinks who scores more points, wins this game.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

gilmore was awful early in the season pats secondary was getting torched

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    gilmore was awful early in the season pats secondary was getting torched
    what does that have to do with this game?

cavs been looking awful all year. gonna sweep the celtics or whoever they face in the eastern conference finals. playoffs are big boy football. gilmore will be locked in. bortles? gonna shit himself in foxborough. this ain't pit. bunch of 20 year old clowns running around on defense. these are guys with multiple championship rings. they already know what bortles is gonna do before he snaps it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Is this a joke?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Is this a joke?
    which part? don't bet on jax, spread, ml, halftime, props, anything. just warning you.

Goat Milk

keep looking at your reg season numbers boys.

that's how you'll get buried this weekend and that's you'll get buried in the nba playoffs when you bet on boston to win the east. lol.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    keep looking at your reg season numbers boys.

that's how you'll get buried this weekend and that's you'll get buried in the nba playoffs when you bet on boston to win the east. lol.
    If not Boston then who does ?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Coughlin has beaten the Pats 2x in the Superbowl. Are you laying 9 Goat or playing the ML?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This is where I take control of sbr till the superbowl.

Then reappear for the nba players and seize my throne once more
    You're hot man, no doubt. The fan in me can't stand NE but I think The Jags still have some growing up to do.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

If not Boston then who does ?
    i guarantee cleveland wins the east. with relative ease. boston won't win more than 1 game against cleveland in a 7 game series. bucks might be able to get 2 wins with jabari at full health. bucks will beat boston as well in a 7 game series.
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Coughlin has beaten the Pats 2x in the Superbowl. Are you laying 9 Goat or playing the ML?
    Coughlin isn't playing. Or coaching. Jags defense is phenomenal but ppl are gonna see that Bortles is the one thing holding this team back. He will panic. I haven't touched anything and I think that spread will go down as more ppl continue to bet the Jags. But I'll most likely take the spread. I don't think the Jags will score more than 10.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

which part? don't bet on jax, spread, ml, halftime, props, anything. just warning you.
    Specifically the part about N.E. having the best secondary in the league.

Glitch

So Westbrook and Fournette are elite because they did good against some 19 year old children? And that makes them elite at an NFL level playing against guys who are much faster, stronger, smarter? Westbrook did nothing this year. Zero. If he was so elite, why didn't he? Wasn't Bortles elite in college? Where is he now? No where. What about Trent Richardson? What about Eddie Lacy? What about a million first round picks who are busts, and who come out of college as "elite players."

Where is that guy John Ross who was the 7th pick in the draft and one of the best college wrs ever and fastest ever at the combine? He's nowhere. That's where.
    Westbrook played like 3 games because he was on IR all year and the only one where his absolute crap quarterback targetted him, he did some damage. They are not good because they excelled against children. They were Gods against 19-year old children. But displayed the skillsets, strength, speed, moves, instincts etc that make good players and they will both without a doubt be very good in the NFL. They are rookies though, and those of you who havent seen enough tape on them might just have to wait a couple years before this analysis comes into fruition.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

never mind

Glitch

Just read the rest of what you posted here and if your comprehension and deductive reasoning skills are such that you think I said players that were good in college will be good in the NFL, then you need more help that I can offer. That's just where we got a first look at what kind of athletes these guys are.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

I like the early part of the game to have no scoring ...maybe a no score Prop in 1st 6 min maybe or whatever they put up but i got burned in the last Jax game on that one but hit it easy in Bills game

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The rig is in boys

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The rig is in boys
    Please elaborate

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

i guarantee cleveland wins the east. with relative ease. boston won't win more than 1 game against cleveland in a 7 game series. bucks might be able to get 2 wins with jabari at full health. bucks will beat boston as well in a 7 game series.

Coughlin isn't playing. Or coaching. Jags defense is phenomenal but ppl are gonna see that Bortles is the one thing holding this team back. He will panic. I haven't touched anything and I think that spread will go down as more ppl continue to bet the Jags. But I'll most likely take the spread. I don't think the Jags will score more than 10.
    So u think it's gonna be cavs warriors pt 4 ?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Goat Milk is applying NBA capping theory to NFL.

Says Pats don’t try until the playoffs.

This is like an article I read about pats D earlier in the season that basically said the D only tries to stop offenses once they are in the red zone. And that it was on purpose.

Ok

12 Last