PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's about time to organize and recruit an army of Robin Hoods..........!!!!!!!!!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Well, by savings I meant about 12k I had in a regualr savings account an allow myself to spend.

I decided last year to invest that in playing mid level buyin multi day poker tournies with a view to be good enough and ready to go to WSOP 2018 for a month or so and try to win a bracelet.

The other option at the time was drop that into Bitcoin at about 2k.

I've taken a couple of trips to vegas and 4 other poker playing holidays to Melbourne in the last year, had a lot of fun, won about 12k but spent about 16k on buyins and another 4 or 5k on the travel.

So, the savings is about exhausted and I still havent even won a tourney... soooo... I want a do over!!!
    Opti, if u ever want to talk Poker Tourneys more, let me know. I'm now very sour on Poker Tourneys as a real investment.

The "fees" are just too hi. And any skill-edge CAN'T be more than just slight. Hard to imagine one having a big enuf edge to clear serious net-profits.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post

I'll bet you my Pro membership that I have a better Hendon mob poker ranking than you if I lose I'll ship you a hundred in Bitcoin!

You're going to have to enable those private messages for us to transact this deal though
    Ha, you sound way too confident! So no thanks ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Opti, if u ever want to talk Poker Tourneys more, let me know. I'm now very sour on Poker Tourneys as a real investment.

The "fees" are just too hi. And any skill-edge CAN'T be more than just slight. Hard to imagine one having a big enuf edge to clear serious net-profits.
    Honestly, this is part of the reason I think/thought I could achieve the goal I set. I figured I didn't need to be the "best" player at the final table to actually win.

Although I have modified that view a bit now. I don't think it's really possible to simply luckbox a decent size tourney win without being among the top 10-20% skill wise.

I'm not really sure where I am going from here. I set a limit and have pretty much busted out so should stick to it. But still want to play something at WSOP 2018.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Fees are outrageous again, $30 to send a measly $150 from blockchain

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Under $11k now...

$10,933

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

lol shitcoin

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    lol shitcoin
    I wish this coin wasn't invisible... I'd take a sh#$ right on it.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Honestly, this is part of the reason I think/thought I could achieve the goal I set. I figured I didn't need to be the "best" player at the final table to actually win.

Although I have modified that view a bit now. I don't think it's really possible to simply luckbox a decent size tourney win without being among the top 10-20% skill wise.

I'm not really sure where I am going from here. I set a limit and have pretty much busted out so should stick to it. But still want to play something at WSOP 2018.
    Yeah, Opti. Very tough. Even a moderately experienced player knows basic strategy.

They know basic ranges and hand valuations. After that, there's some playing style + bluffing. Who feels good about bluffing off their stack?

I just don't think it's that viable to clean up in tournaments. Skill edges are quite small. And then there's that issue of rake/fees, which make it exceedingly difficult.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I applaud your honesty, where most posters will fudge their real numbers or totally tell a fantasized figure to justify what they do.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave BeatTheJerk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is funny that the people who missed the BC boat are wishing BC to fail............

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    It is funny that the people who missed the BC boat are wishing BC to fail............
    Its not funny to me.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Well, by savings I meant about 12k I had in a regualr savings account an allow myself to spend.

I decided last year to invest that in playing mid level buyin multi day poker tournies with a view to be good enough and ready to go to WSOP 2018 for a month or so and try to win a bracelet.

The other option at the time was drop that into Bitcoin at about 2k.

I've taken a couple of trips to vegas and 4 other poker playing holidays to Melbourne in the last year, had a lot of fun, won about 12k but spent about 16k on buyins and another 4 or 5k on the travel.

So, the savings is about exhausted and I still havent even won a tourney... soooo... I want a do over!!!
    Optional I couldn't find the original quote but you said to download the electrum wallet and that I could send Bitcoin to the bitpay card through that?

Everytime I try to send BTC from my blockchain wallet to the electrum wallet it says invalid address?

I'm just trying to cash out some BTC with the bitpay card.

Optional

Optional I couldn't find the original quote but you said to download the electrum wallet and that I could send Bitcoin to the bitpay card through that?

Everytime I try to send BTC from my blockchain wallet to the electrum wallet it says invalid address?

I'm just trying to cash out some BTC with the bitpay card.
    It sounds like you have chosen to install Electrum as a Segwit version wallet?

Man, this is going to get complicated trying to explain this to people as we go through the switchover to Segwit use.

The simple answer is that you need to select Standard and not Segwit during the install. As blockchain does not understand the Bench32 address format their native segwit version uses yet.

You can just do the setup again with the same seed, if you did an import.

Long story short, in order to send money to that Segwit version of electrum, it needs to come from someone else using Bench32 (virtually no one yet) or be sent from a standard version of electrum wallet to the segwit version.

So during changeover you will need both types of wallet.

BrickJames
    Action

Optional I did select standard and not segwit

BrickJames
    Action

Holy shit man I just want to convert my btc to $$$$

Optional

Optional I did select standard and not segwit
    Does the receive address from the electrum wallet you are inputting at blockchain.info start with a 1?

I can't imagine what is going on apart from blockchain.info being broken or you inputting something the wrong way there.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

those segwit addresses, lost a bunch in fees some weeks ago cause I didn't know neteller had changed their addresses to that new bs so lol... had to move from exodus to copay and then neteller

BrickJames
    Action

To drunk now, at the club w boppers, will check back tomorrow.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Please stay above 8k you BITCH OF A COIN

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    there's a difference in "wishing it to fail" and looking for the reality when it comes to holding / trading

both types of these people do exist

BrickJames
    Action

Figured it out, that electrum wallet what's a little bit coin label before the address when you copy of the only way I could get it without that label was to paste it into my notes and then delete it and recopy it it all worked out for me now though

BrickJames
    Action

..... on a side note I got laid by this super hot blonde chick last night, felt good because broke up with my girlfriend about 2 months ago.

It's actually her best friend don't tell anybody hahahahaha

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Just last summer it was under $3000

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

..... on a side note I got laid by this super hot blonde chick last night, felt good because broke up with my girlfriend about 2 months ago.

It's actually her best friend don't tell anybody hahahahaha
    NICE! Living the dream man!

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    NICE! Living the dream man!
    It was very nice on many levels.

On one hand this chick is super hot on her own and I've always wanted to bang her.

On the other hand it's my ex-girlfriends best friends so the Revenge f****** was awesome too.

A lot going on lol

First 123