LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    last year I was looking at what are the top 90s songs on youtube and I noticed zombies was 3 with over 500mil views. It's 2 now.

That song will definitely stand the test of time.

RIP
    It was (is?) also one of the most covered songs by You Tubers, I like this Latin artist's version the best. That voice!

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    WORD. Rock died in the 90s too.

Had a minor revival with Velvet Revolver, Audioslave and some other 5-6 bands that really carried the torch, but mainstream will never pump these acts... over the Biebers, Swifts, Beyonces...

Garbage, ALL GARBAGE.
    you cry a lot.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    It was (is?) also one of the most covered songs by You Tubers, I like this Latin artist's version the best. That voice!

Wow, I am a fan, thats amazing.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    you cry a lot.
    You are a piece of human excrement... dont deserve my attention. Bye.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Had a minor revival with Velvet Revolver, Audioslave and some other 5-6 bands that really carried the torch, but mainstream will never pump these acts... over the Biebers, Swifts, Beyonces...

Garbage, ALL GARBAGE.
    Wrong. 90's rock was really good - agreed... but this is a genre that simply does not die. There are loads of great rock bands today making great music. Yea you are not going to find them on the radio too much... only rap and classic rock and country make money it appears.

Rock was thinly represented on the top-40 charts in the 50's and early 60's. By the late 60's rock was dominating. It cooled considerably during the 70's with other sub-genres and disco. It came back a bit in the 80's and flourished in the 90's. A bit of a downward trend since then... but it is still there and will become more popular soon.

Foo Fighters, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Papa Roach, Skillet, Shinedown, Royal Blood - these are all top shelf bands... my particular favs would be Foo's, Papa Roach, Royal Blood. Then if you love a virtuoso guitarist then you know Joe Bonamassa and his music and the music of his band Black Country Communion.

Plenty of great rock out there... it's just not on the radio so much.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11612

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Wrong. 90's rock was really good - agreed... but this is a genre that simply does not die. There are loads of great rock bands today making great music. Yea you are not going to find them on the radio too much... only rap and classic rock and country make money it appears.

Rock was thinly represented on the top-40 charts in the 50's and early 60's. By the late 60's rock was dominating. It cooled considerably during the 70's with other sub-genres and disco. It came back a bit in the 80's and flourished in the 90's. A bit of a downward trend since then... but it is still there and will become more popular soon.

Foo Fighters, Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Papa Roach, Skillet, Shinedown, Royal Blood - these are all top shelf bands... my particular favs would be Foo's, Papa Roach, Royal Blood. Then if you love a virtuoso guitarist then you know Joe Bonamassa and his music and the music of his band Black Country Communion.

Rock is okay but not so innovative any more. Really it can't be. There could never be a Pink Floyd today because music sales wouldn't justify holing up for six months making an album - bands have to be on the road. And anyone who knows music could tell you there will be no Dark Side of the Moon's cooked up in between gigs on the road. Just can't happen. Same with Zeppelin. All those fukkin' great albums.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

News won't be released until April I hear?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Garbage, ALL GARBAGE.
    Great band!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

i'm only happy when it rains

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post

MAGA I AGREE 100% WITH YOU. I am BIG if not HUGE rocknroll fan and collector... I have over 90,000 MP3s on my drives... pop, latin. electro, jazz, blues but mostly rock (at least 90%).

I meant what I said but commercially (charts included).

Very hard to see a bands crack big sales nowadays... very very hard. The album industry killed by the internet and the greedy labels... so now we have this "free for all" "do it yourself" etho that is not bad by any means because music is easier to get and find... yet I miss the old Album era... artists dont feel they need to make a well rounded record because they sell their MP3s as singles on itunes... spotify... etc.

I am a huge Tame Impala fan, I also enjoy Royal Blood, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Interpol, Cage the Elephant, The Kills...

Many great 90s bands are very active today, or were (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, STP, Pearl Jam)

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Rock is okay but not so innovative any more. Really it can't be. There could never be a Pink Floyd today because music sales wouldn't justify holing up for six months making an album - bands have to be on the road. And anyone who knows music could tell you there will be no Dark Side of the Moon's cooked up in between gigs on the road. Just can't happen. Same with Zeppelin. All those fukkin' great albums.
    SHARP, selling records is not commercially viable anymore

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Musicians are mental - Many have checked out by their own hands -Kurt Kobain, Chris Cornell both blew their heads off... Maybe the early fame, drug abuse and life style leads to depression and suicidal thoughts, who knows? https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-m...elebrity-lists

Most famous musicians don't seem very happy from what I can tell.. Many seem depressed or disappointed, they write about the problems in their lives through their music lyrics.. It's dark and keeps you thinking about the dark times in your life. Not sure that helps either with healthy mental growth in life..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Musicians are mental - Many have checked out by their own hands -Kurt Kobain, Chris Cornell both blew their heads off... Maybe the early fame, drug abuse and life style leads to depression and suicidal thoughts, who knows? https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-m...elebrity-lists

Most famous musicians don't seem very happy from what I can tell.. Many seem depressed or disappointed, they write about the problems in their lives through their music lyrics.. It's dark and keeps you thinking about the dark times in your life. Not sure that helps either with healthy mental growth in life..
    Cause and effect though. I don't think it's being musicians that makes them unhappy. They'd probably be even more unhappy without the music as an outlet. Just that the "issues" makes them even more creative, unique and appealing.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Cause and effect though. I don't think it's being musicians that makes them unhappy. They'd probably be even more unhappy without the music as an outlet. Just that the "issues" makes them even more creative, unique and appealing.
    THIS 100%

Me being a musician... I remember when I was 15-16 I was increasingly growing disappointed with sports and school... weak family relationships... I just started writing lyrics... just poems and such... to let shit out... never showed to no one, it was "my thing"...

Fast forward 3 years later I was playing my 1st gig...

Music its an emotional outlet... just like sports and other crafts can be... it may be a bit more intense tho, due to "the life".

I didn't become infatuated with chemicals outta the blue... took years of casual partying and occasional binging... it was never a "choice"... it just overcomes you and in the end its all bullshit... the "fame" the "friends" the "girls" ... yeah is enjoyable as a life experience but its a shallow lonely life in which you often find yourself surrounded by 20 "friends" and not being able to really connect with anyone due everyone being egothiscal/selfcentered/agenda driven or plain simple, intoxicated.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

^^^Musicians typically are social misfits growing up.. Not part of the in crowd... Isolate and write lyrics for the most part.. I agree..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

First 1234