Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

why is everyone coming down so hard on Andy Reid?...was it his fault that KC's best weapon TE Travis Kelce got knocked out of the game in the second quarter with a concussion?!...he was their main offensive weapon all year long and was unstoppable today...with him in the game, the score was 21 - 3...also a couple of questionable calls by the zebra's that went in Tennessee's favor...the fumble by Mariota which they blew dead, and a couple of helmet-to-helmet hits which weren't flagged for targeting....but also credit to Dick Labeau for making the necessary adjustments and slowing down KC's potent offensive attack...basically brought pressure and blitzed more in the second half and play tight, press coverage...but the biggest key to this victory was the fact that the Titans were able to run the ball and wear the Chiefs down...there is a reason why KC was #28 against the run and the Titans stuck to their game plan and exploited that weakness...this opened up Tennessee's passing game with their read-option attack and made Marcus Mariota a deadly weapon that could beat you with both his arm and legs...the Titans took advantage and rushed for over 200+ yds in this game...not a whole lot Andy Reid could do about that...but getting back to the original point, I think it's safe to say that if Kelce doesn't get injured, we are having a totally different conversation right about now.
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 01-07-18 at 12:14 AM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

There is really no excuse as to why the Chiefs couldn't move the ball into field goal range one time in the second half, Kelce or no Kelce.

Da Manster!

Kelce = Beast

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Kelce = Beast
    I agree, but they should have at least been able to try more than one field goal in the 2nd half, even without him.

Smith had 150 yards in the first quarter and only 100 yards the rest of the game. That is just crazy.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Andy Reid will get fired... Detroit Lions will hire him.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    He's Marty Shotenheimer II
    or ANY coach the Vikings have ever employed...

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

why is everyone coming down so hard on Andy Reid?...was it his fault that KC's best weapon TE Travis Kelce got knocked out of the game in the second quarter with a concussion?!...he was their main offensive weapon all year long and was unstoppable today...with him in the game, the score was 21 - 3...also a couple of questionable calls by the zebra's that went in Tennessee's favor...the fumble by Mariota which they blew dead, and a couple of helmet-to-helmet hits which weren't flagged for targeting....but also credit to Dick Labeau for making the necessary adjustments and slowing down KC's potent offensive attack...basically brought pressure and blitzed more in the second half and play tight, press coverage...but the biggest key to this victory was the fact that the Titans were able to run the ball and wear the Chiefs down...there is a reason why KC was #28 against the run and the Titans stuck to their game plan and exploited that weakness...this opened up Tennessee's passing game with their read-option attack and made Marcus Mariota a deadly weapon that could beat you with both his arm and legs...the Titans took advantage and rushed for over 200+ yds in this game...not a whole lot Andy Reid could do about that...but getting back to the original point, I think it's safe to say that if Kelce doesn't get injured, we are having a totally different conversation right about now.
    Exactly. Spot on. Reid not the scapegoat.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Covering the # 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I agree, but they should have at least been able to try more than one field goal in the 2nd half, even without him.

Smith had 150 yards in the first quarter and only 100 yards the rest of the game. That is just crazy.

well like I said in my previous post...you have to give the Titans credit for making the necessary adjustments...not only that but they were able to run the ball effectively with both Derrick Henry and Marcus Mariota which kept the chains moving and the clock rolling...but even more importantly wore down the Chiefs defense which already sucked against the run to begin with!..(#28 in the NFL)

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

well like I said in my previous post...you have to give the Titans credit for making the necessary adjustments...not only that but they were able to run the ball effectively with both Derrick Henry and Marcus Mariota which kept the chains moving and the clock rolling...but even more importantly wore down the Chiefs defense which already sucked against the run to begin with!..(#28 in the NFL)
    I truly believe had the Chiefs won, the Patriots woulda been shitting bricks.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19213

Well games like this expose a lot about teams.Chiefs are not that far off. Get more depth at tight end and d line. Rework the playbook to get a little better and have more than one go to guy

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

They won’t fire him.. theyll make assistant changes

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Speaking of firing, Darrell Revis should have been cut before the game was even over! Guy was terrified to make a tackle. The drunk fan in section 421 would have been more aggressive. One of many embarrassing things for KC yesterday...

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19213

Zone defenses over the middle can really load up on these tight ends and backs over the middle. They can see the ball coming like center fielders - the man coverage on the outside - they do not look for the ball until the receiver looks.

The receiver is much safer - looking up the defender and boxing him out like a basketball player and catching a timing pattern. A lot of space between the receiver and the defender over the middle can actually be bad.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Why did anybody think this playoff game would be different than any other Andy Reid playoff game? He has always been a terrible postseason coach.

Enjoyed walking into Mirage last night and cashing my atl/la un and tenn ml tickets. Didn’t enjoy dropping 2/3 of winnings on craps tables though.

First 12