gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

racial question about the NFL by position

i've been wondering about this for awhile and thought i'd post this...

https://theundefeated.com/features/t...racial-divide/

i'm curious as to why offensive line and tight end has alot of white representation and defensive line, and to lesser extent, linebacker does not?

% white players

OT 42
    OG 55
    TE 55

DT 20
    DE 21
    LB 23

as per other positions, Qb and center are very high white %. the rest, except kicker/punter, are very high black %

my questions,

are oline and dline - matched by interior and exterior - using the same skill/physical sets? or is there some big difference?

i've noticed in mid-major recruiting and games they seem to have trouble getting big DL but not big OL players. why not swtich some over?... also, i've read numerous times that SEC dominance has alot to do with getting big athletic DL players.

why would there be so many white TE's when the equivalent size/speed (strength???) talent in the NBA is almost all black? similar argument for DE where there have been some great white all-pros although the numbers certainly skew towards black players.

is there alot to learn playing OG for example? so it favours players who've played there a long time but aren't necessarily that talented..... and of course kids and HS football is very different from college and pro football in terms of talent dispersion and where you might put your best athletes.

thx in advance.. i think my writeup is respectful as to race. i'm very curious as these issues as regards to substitutibility of positions and between sports.

gojetsgomoxies

also, if you were a HS running team coach and had one super-elite lineman prospect (way better than almost any other player in your league) and you can only play him one way, would you play him defense or offense?

i would play him offense but i sense that most people would say defense... i'm think the uber-talent gets put at DT not OT if he doesn't play both ways. so that might explain things a bit.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

blacks are more athletic by nature, you live under a rock?

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    blacks are more athletic by nature, you live under a rock?
    did you actually read what i wrote? i agree with your comment but why so many white TE's? and lots of dominant white DE's although not the huge numbers there overall

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Any blacks in the owner's box?

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I could be wrong but I really think a lot of this starts from High School, then onto how Colleges recruit for what positions. The stereotypes start early. By the time players make it to the NFL their prospective positions were already predetermined by such stereotypes. Can't lay it all on the NFL for this one.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

OL is defending shit , QB and ball

DL is trying to steal shit , QB and ball

The end
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unde0087

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Probably has to do with the superior upper body strength of whites. It's why whites dominate swimmimg and weight lifting. Oline is very upper body involved, Dline the power comes from lower body and speed.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    OL is defending shit , QB and ball
    DL is trying to steal shit , QB and ball
    The end

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Guys, the sad fact is that the more thinking you have to do (ie, QB), the more likely a white guy can handle the load. Defensive guys are told to get the QB--that's a simple task. OL guys will have to listen to the QB who's changing the plays at the line. If one doesn't remember the entire playbook they will not be able to adjust.

Ocho Cinco was a fantastic WR, but he couldn't adjust to play changes at the line, so he could never be a Patriot (but of course, he could be a Bengal because they're borderline challenged).

Can you watch the Pats and not realize they (particularly with TB12) are not twice as smart as the average NFL team in their knowledge of the opponent and their own playbook? They spend an inordinate amount of time and energy 'vetting' anyone who comes into their draft board or organization to ensure that they are high-intellect guys.

I'm not saying that whites are smarter than blacks, but a white guy is probably less athletically gifted so if he wants to make it to the big leagues, he damn well better be smart. Does anything think Odell Beckham thinks that way, or Jarvis Landry, or Ndamecka Suh, or whoever the hell that dumb fck who married Miko Grimes--these guys are natural born athletes, not thinkers.