KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Is This The Season Kansas Finally Doesn't Win The Big 12?

What do you guys think? They haven't looked great this season.

Can Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech or WVU win the conference?

Just looking at the conference as a whole, probably the weakest its been in a long time. KU and Iowa St probably have their worst teams in quite a while.
    Last edited by KRIT; 01-02-18 at 08:28 PM.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

They’ll win it if they get those two kids back but Oklahoma would be the team to end the streak. Trae Young was between KU and OU and ultimately that decision could be what ends the streak.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

They arnt as talented this year, still play good fundamental basketball though and always seem lucky.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

As is they wont win. But arent they expexted to get guys eligible at some point? Or is that still up in the air.

t-wizzle

If Preston comes back and they get De Sousa, they’ll be a top 5 team easily. Preston is a monster.

jtoler

Playing soft tonight, crowd not even loud when Tech has the ball, weird.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    If Preston comes back and they get De Sousa, they’ll be a top 5 team easily. Preston is a monster.
    But are they even going to play? If they don't I think it's about a 50/50 chance KU wins the Big-12. If they get them then that number obvious goes up.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Playing soft tonight, crowd not even loud when Tech has the ball, weird.
    Winter break I’m assuming.

KRIT

Here they come. If you like money take KU live.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Winter break I’m assuming.
    Packed house, theyre louder now since Kansas are back within 6, when down by 10 they were only chirping, down 9 again, but getting to crunch time, they should stay loud.

jtoler

Kansas perimeter defense sucks here, leaving guys wide open, Ill never understand why guys leave their man so much.

KRIT

Packed house, theyre louder now since Kansas are back within 6, when down by 10 they were only chirping, down 9 again, but getting to crunch time, they should stay loud.
    Do you expect them to be screaming down double digits? They will get loud when they get something to cheer about. They've played like crap all game, I wouldn't be cheering much either.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Do you expect them to be screaming down double digits? They will get loud when they get something to cheer about. They've played like crap all game, I wouldn't be cheering much either.
    Yea I expect them to be loud when the other team has the ball, other facilities with crazy fans are loud the entire game when the opponent has the ball, thats part of what makes it hard to win in places with fans like that. And players talk on the court loud fans get in the way of that for the opponent.

t-wizzle

Kansas usually has great forwards but not this year. Graham is a good player but none of their guards play with poise. Everything is erratic.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Kansas is garbage i added them to the list

the white guy with the weird long last name mKXJKDJKAJGKDSGJDKK missed all of his open 3's in the 2nd half a bunch of times when they could've finally cut it to 5 or 4 and miss... then he tries to drive and offensive foul x2 and other time out of a timeout he can't lay it in.... white man can't jump. their big inside got blocked by the rim once... missed all his FT. made dumb fouls.... oh that idiot i first mentioned also fouled himself out of the game once he couldn't do 1 single thing right

Kansas down by 6... here they come.... open 3... MISS. Tech then would miss a 3 and get a rebound and layup or dunk.

Kansas down by 7.... with the ball.... TURNOVER for a layup to T Tech.

Kansas with the ball down by 7.... the center is dribbling past the 3 point line. he hands it off awkardly, STEAL t tech and free layup.

they suck

jtoler

They should finish about 5th in the Big 12.

KRIT

They should finish about 5th in the Big 12.
    Over reaction. They will still finish in the top 3, and still think they are the favorite to finish first.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Over reaction. They will still finish in the top 3, and still think they are the favorite to finish first.
    Major over reaction. KU dependant on the 3 and TTU plays excellent 3pt defense. Was a bad matchup for KU.

If Preston and DeSousa get eligible I’d almost guarantee a 14th Big Twelve ship.

jtoler

No way they will finish 1st. No overreaction, not my first time watching KU play this year, they just arnt as good as usual which is why everybody and their grandmama has come in there and win this year and beat them, rest of home sched. is weak though so they should do well at home. Next game at TCU is a loss though. Every year they seem to have players joining the team late so for their sake hopefully that happens again this year.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

No way they will finish 1st. No overreaction, not my first time watching KU play this year, they just arnt as good as usual which is why everybody and their grandmama has come in there and win this year and beat them, rest of home sched. is weak though so they should do well at home. Next game at TCU is a loss though. Every year they seem to have players joining the team late so for their sake hopefully that happens again this year.
    Lol what an ignorant post.

‘Everybody and their grandmama’ came into the phog and beat them? You mean only top 5 ASU and top 20 Texas Tech. Oh and no student section yesterday by the way.

Front court depth is by far KU’s biggest issue. They have 2 playable center/forwards and never play them together. So it’s constantly 4 guard lineups - not what Bill Self planned on, not what they ran in Italy this past summer.

And yes, they have 2 excellent bigs awaiting eligibility. Billy Preston is a 5 star McDonalds All American who can shoot, drive, dunk, and guard. He’s likely a top 20 talent in the country. DeSousa reclassified and graduated HS in December so he should be good to go already.

NCAA is dragging ass - idk how anyone can investigate a fukking single-car crash for 2 fukkin months - but they need to just make a decision already and let the kids play ball. Kansas would be a totally different team with Preston or both of them.

Big Twelve has lots of good teams but no elite teams this year, so it’s absurd to say there’s no way Kansas wins it again. TTU & TCU are good but not great. OU good not great, and will go as Trae Young goes. ISU garbage this year. Texas & Baylor have some good players but not good as a whole team. K-State and OkSt not good. So that leaves West Va as the only other real contender to win the Big XII.

jtoler

Well they arnt finishing 1st, so we'll see how ignorant the post is when they dont.

KRIT

There is no doubt KU doesn't have the talent they are used to, but it is not like there is a Nova or a powerhouse team in the Big 12 that is going to run away with the conference. The conference is really solid top to bottom, but don't really see any elite 8 type teams in the conference. IF KU gets right, they will be right there in the end to contend for the Big 12 title.

silver39
    silver39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1354

WVU gets Esa Ahmad back this week too. 2nd leading scorer last year on the team.

They’ve given KU trouble since coming to the league. Big home test against OU this weekend

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Similar to last year, Kansas is a jump shooting team. Problem is they don’t have Frank Mason this year to bail them out. They’ll be fine when the bigs are eligible

KRIT

Look at all the overreaction in here. The sky is blue and KU just won another Big12 championship.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Big Twelve has lots of good teams but no elite teams this year, so it’s absurd to say there’s no way Kansas wins it again. TTU & TCU are good but not great. OU good not great, and will go as Trae Young goes. ISU garbage this year. Texas & Baylor have some good players but not good as a whole team. K-State and OkSt not good. So that leaves West Va as the only other real contender to win the Big XII.
    I know Big Twelve has been thought of as the top conference past couple years, but this year it’s just not. My guess is 0 Final Four teams, maybe 1 Elite Eight team.

Kansas still cream of the crop, 14th straight is tremendous, I just don’t see any Big XII team that has the ingredients to win it all this year.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I know Big Twelve has been thought of as the top conference past couple years, but this year it’s just not. My guess is 0 Final Four teams, maybe 1 Elite Eight team.

Kansas still cream of the crop, 14th straight is tremendous, I just don’t see any Big XII team that has the ingredients to win it all this year.
    I think big12 will struggle in the tourney. If Keenan Evans can get healthy I like them to make a run, but sounds like the turf toe isn't going away. Everyone else will be on upset alert given the matchups.

SEC is the conference I like to represent well in the tourney. Auburn and Florida got the guards. Vols are tough. Kentucky is starting to gel, if A&M wakes up they can go however far they want, and Mizzou is going to get Porter Jr back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kansas getting better

Great second half

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Jtoler bro take a long break

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Jtoler bro take a long break
    I think it's safe to say Toler won't be returning to this thread.