brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Lavar Ball trying to change the game, introduces the JBA league; prospects skip ncaa

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I also heard that Vince McMahon is going to start up another football league.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Nice. Can I buy a mug?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

This guy would suck a dick to get any type of news station to recognize him. Biggest clown I have ever seen in my life.

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

This will fail.. if for no other reason than forcing players to wear only big baller douche brand

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

corey brewer came in with a chip on his shoulder, a ton of pride, and showed all the reasons it broke my heart when we lost him for paul.....

still love the guy.....

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Can't imagine any big tv networks picking this up then you have the problem of filling rosters and roster turnover each year hard to have fans support a team that changes year to year have a feeling this is going to be a joke league with like 2 traveling teams and players who aren't even nba material

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

The XFL is back?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    The XFL is back?
    i doubt it, nfl has a qb problem not enough good qbs who is the xfl going to use kaep johnny manziel bring back ryan leaf, demarcus russell

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Lava is getting out of hand.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

JBA should allow junior high kids to bypass high school.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Great idea.

Shame it is lumbered with the ball boat anchor.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Can't imagine any big tv networks picking this up then you have the problem of filling rosters and roster turnover each year hard to have fans support a team that changes year to year have a feeling this is going to be a joke league with like 2 traveling teams and players who aren't even nba material
    It'd be very similar to Canada Juniors for hockey. I don't think it would work for kids that have already graduated HS. Most would rather go be 1 and done, than get paid $10,000. $10K is nothing. But kids that don't even want to go to HS, I could see joining a league like this especially if they are eligible for the draft when they turn 18.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Great a junior basketball league designed to bypass College and forfeit any further education in kids that can play basketball.. Sounds like a stupid move to me literally if I read that right? Figures Lavar would support this...

Somebody lock this clown up already.. He's a disaster...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I'm not saying this will succeed or fail, but remember that there are thousands of media outlets that are looking for content. If you can produce any content that generates views, people will pay you advertising money. Someone with money will back him and this league.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I'm not saying this will succeed or fail, but remember that there are thousands of media outlets that are looking for content. If you can produce any content that generates views, people will pay you advertising money. Someone with money will back him and this league.
    maybe mtv or bet not the big networks, there are already a ton of games on espn tnt fox sports going to be hard to sell out arenas and get a big tv deal i can't see this working out i mean look at the g league do u ever follow those teams or watch any of their games prob can't even name 1 player in the g league

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    maybe mtv or bet not the big networks, there are already a ton of games on espn tnt fox sports going to be hard to sell out arenas and get a big tv deal i can't see this working out i mean look at the g league do u ever follow those teams or watch any of their games prob can't even name 1 player in the g league
    I don't even think this will be a traditional cable tv play - this is Amazon/Facebook/YouTube/Apple type content. I am pretty sure those guys have the money to throw at something like this.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

I don't even think this will be a traditional cable tv play - this is Amazon/Facebook/YouTube/Apple type content. I am pretty sure those guys have the money to throw at something like this.
    maybe, if lavar can get it done good for him heck why not make the league setup where the players have to sign with his agency then he can make money off them when they sign their nba contract

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It won't take off.. Everyone including me would rather watch and bet on college hoop rather then a bunch of high school rejects in some alternate league..

Maybe if they air it during off times it might work for a while.. I don't think it will ever launch though, I know I wouldn't watch it...

This is just Lamar spewing garbage because his other kids are thieves or lack talent and couldn't make the cut at UCLA...

Lavar doesn't have the money to start it and who in their right mind would fund it?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Jibbby do you know who pewdiepie is? How about dan from the diamond minecart? These guys make millions producing content for YouTube. Lavar is going to be very wealthy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby do you know who pewdiepie is? How about dan from the diamond minecart? These guys make millions producing content for YouTube. Lavar is going to be very wealthy.
    No never heard of them.. With how well Lavar is known now I won't be surprised if he doesn't make millions.. He's got his kid Lonzo making millions with Lakers and I'm sure he has a hand in that already...

Yes Lavar will be wealthy if had to guess one day soon... Still doesn't give him a pass for being an idiot... I will give him credit for marketing himself and the Ball name though.. I'm sure he learned that from his WWE days..

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Plenty of stupid ppl in this world will listen to Lavar and crash

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

These proposals aren't cash up front.

They are split % deals.

If it's a loser it's a loser for all.

Why does no-one look at staggering tipbtimes for content/ streaming purposes.

Noon tip, 3pm tip, 6pm tip 9 pm tip midnight tip.

Numbers, by default, would add up.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

guy can't even form a sentence, now his ghetto clown is going to run a league

Plaza23

The logo for the league features a silhouette of his son Lonzo, who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, going to the hoop for a dunk.

"We don't need a logo of a guy dribbling," Ball said, an obvious reference to the NBA's famous Jerry West silhouette. "Nobody does that anymore."

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great more kids pass on school and up in hood

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

How did that 3 on 3 league of ex Pros do this summer? Decent ratings?

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

JBA Just been arrested

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Love to see a Lavar Ball financial statement. Probably a broke dik fuk hoping to live off his sons one day.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

There is actually a need for this. Plus take a bunch of kids and just let them play doing what thy do best and it will be extremely exciting.

Gooleez21
    Gooleez21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Yes because all these inner city youths should just be skipping school altogether......

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

What could go wrong?

1. 18 year old kids that don't have the work ethic, intelligence, or desire to go to college
    2. Putting $3k-$10k/month in these kids pockets
    3. Hanging around and having Ball as their "role model" and mentor
    4. Having to wear that shitty BBB gear.

I can just imagine the trouble these kids will get into.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    What could go wrong?

1. 18 year old kids that don't have the work ethic, intelligence, or desire to go to college
    2. Putting $3k-$10k/month in these kids pockets
    3. Hanging around and having Ball as their "role model" and mentor
    4. Having to wear that shitty BBB gear.

I can just imagine the trouble these kids will get into.
    I met a 16yo high school sports star when in LA last time.

He had been offered a partial scholarship but being a black kid with a family with zero money living in the ghetto there was really no hope of him being able to take it up.

He was a great kid and obviously quite naturally intelligent too. But he felt totally helpless and kind of desperate that he was going to end up just running with a gang of friends committing crime to get by, like so many others he knows of.

He didn't want that and even with my cracker optimism that anyone can do anything I couldn't see the answer for him either.

JBA type league would be perfect for a kid like him. (although he played football)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I met a 16yo high school sports star when in LA last time.

He had been offered a partial scholarship but being a black kid with a family with zero money living in the ghetto there was really no hope of him being able to take it up.

He was a great kid and obviously quite naturally intelligent too. But he felt totally helpless and kind of desperate that he was going to end up just running with a gang of friends committing crime to get by, like so many others he knows of.

He didn't want that and even with my cracker optimism that anyone can do anything I couldn't see the answer for him either.

JBA type league would be perfect for a kid like him. (although he played football)
    Community college is free for 2 years out here and in most other States.. Black kids can go there but they don't.. Most drop out of high school in the hoods... Never get a high school diploma.. Sad..

There are always options for black kids when it comes to education... There are black grants that come up and are available.......

You want it bad enough you can make it happen.. No excuse... Black kids can even go to a local recruiter and join the military, get paid and get a free education if the wanted to, that is if they don't have a felony record before trying to enlist..

If they don't wanna see combat join the AF or Navy...

12 Last