tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

100% will be black kids in this league

Cambodian kids are not welcome

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Community college is free for 2 years out here and in most other States.. Black kids can go there but they don't.. Most drop out of high school in the hoods... Never get a high school diploma.. Sad..

There are always options for black kids when it comes to education... There are black grants that come up and are available.......

You want it bad enough you can make it happen.. No excuse... Black kids can even go to a local recruiter and join the military, get paid and get a free education if the wanted to, that is if they don't have a felony record before trying to enlist..

If they don't wanna see combat join the AF or Navy...
    I dunno Jib.

I spent a evening with this kid and his 'family' in their home.

I thought pretty much the same as you. If you want to do something with your life you can.

It's just not that simple for a 16yo growing up with no one around him that expects anything out of life and no capacity to support his educational needs. He's already pretty much got to support himself now at high school. He doesn't commit crimes (he says) despite lots of peer group pressure to do so. He wants a proper college education and is has been willing to work for it and study and be the star of his HS football team.

He did mention community college but there was some obvious problem with that route that he explained but I cant recall.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I dunno Jib.

I spent a evening with this kid and his 'family' in their home.

I thought pretty much the same as you. If you want to do something with your life you can.

It's just not that simple for a 16yo growing up with no one around him that expects anything out of life and no capacity to support his educational needs. He's already pretty much got to support himself now at high school. He doesn't commit crimes (he says) despite lots of peer group pressure to do so. He wants a proper college education and is has been willing to work for it and study and be the star of his HS football team.

He did mention community college but there was some obvious problem with that route that he explained but I cant recall.

I hear ya..

Well like I said my 16 year old Nef just graduated high school out here and he decided to enlist in the Air Force to further his college education.. He gets shipped off at the end of next month.. He will be pursuing a degree in computer science.. Not only will he be getting a free college education in the AF, he will also be learning life lessons and discipline, will also be getting pay checks while serving for 4 years.. Vet benefits after....

I talked him into that..

There is also this -

Can you join the military while going to college?

You can join the military part-time (reserves) and get money while you go to college. You can also join the military full-time and take online college courses or attend the college near your duty station. There are many colleges that cater to the military. You can also go to college full-time and join the ROTC program.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

star center for the team....

f'er can dunk the shit out of the ball.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

^^ Guy is a tard.. That hoop was like 8 feet high... lol..

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

Will never get off the ground

First 12