Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Crypto-Currency Help

I have posted a few times in the Cryto thread but it seems that when we ask for help we get a lot of ‘use Google dude’ comments. I have spent the last 72 hours doing exactly that and am not having much luck.

Two days ago I registered at Bitstamp, but am seeing today that they are backlogged for up to two weeks on verifications. That is insane. I get it, a lot of people want into the game.

I actually just went to a machine (ATM-like) here in Vancouver with the intention of buying $7500 worth of BTC, placing it in a Jaxx Wallet, using Shape Shifter to buy CRO and then moving it to Toast....but when I got to the machine their BTC was prices more than 10% above market value. In other words, their 5% ‘fee’ was total shot. The transaction would have cost me $800 plus $5. Not going to happen.

I then came home and signed up with Binance, but am not seeing exactly what the next step there is. Don’t even see how I fund this account (Bitstamp I was able to enter all of my banking info). Kind of lost.

I am am going to try to set up a Kraken account now, but I hear verification is taking forever there too.

Can anyone procide real help? Like an actual step by step process, so that a poor Canadian (me) can invest some of my hard-won money?? It would be highly appreciated and I would be happy to ship you some $ if necessary. What I need is:

Go here
    Download this
    Enter this
    Wait for this
    Change this
    Do this
    Do that

The safer, the easier and the cheaper (fees) the better

Basically what I need is somebody to pretend to be my wife for a while. Please help a guy (or likely guys) out.

Thanks in advance.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Register with Coinbase. It's a lot easier although your first transaction with them is going to take 2 weeks. After that you're good.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

use google dude

read all 85 pages of cryto thread

read all other threads in bitcoin betting sub forum

PM poster OnTheWhat and Tpowell

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I have posted a few times in the Cryto thread but it seems that when we ask for help we get a lot of ‘use Google dude’ comments. I have spent the last 72 hours doing exactly that and am not having much luck.

Two days ago I registered at Bitstamp, but am seeing today that they are backlogged for up to two weeks on verifications. That is insane. I get it, a lot of people want into the game.

I actually just went to a machine (ATM-like) here in Vancouver with the intention of buying $7500 worth of BTC, placing it in a Jaxx Wallet, using Shape Shifter to buy CRO and then moving it to Toast....but when I got to the machine their BTC was prices more than 10% above market value. In other words, their 5% ‘fee’ was total shot. The transaction would have cost me $800 plus $5. Not going to happen.

I then came home and signed up with Binance, but am not seeing exactly what the next step there is. Don’t even see how I fund this account (Bitstamp I was able to enter all of my banking info). Kind of lost.

I am am going to try to set up a Kraken account now, but I hear verification is taking forever there too.

Can anyone procide real help? Like an actual step by step process, so that a poor Canadian (me) can invest some of my hard-won money?? It would be highly appreciated and I would be happy to ship you some $ if necessary. What I need is:

Go here
    Download this
    Enter this
    Wait for this
    Change this
    Do this
    Do that

The safer, the easier and the cheaper (fees) the better

Basically what I need is somebody to pretend to be my wife for a while. Please help a guy (or likely guys) out.

Thanks in advance.

Use http://quadrigacx.com/ to buy your bitcoin in Canada.

Should not be backed up on verification either.

Binance must be funded and defunded with crypto currency only. So there is no banking details to give there.

Also, get the phone number off the side of the bitcoin ATM and ring the operator. They negotiate the fees. About 4% is what people buying $7500 at a time seem to pay. And you can ask about the exchange rate.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

I only have LTC in coinbase. I hear to buy there which is easy and send to GDAX and then to binance. I’m a noob too though

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Use http://quadrigacx.com/ to buy your bitcoin in Canada.

Should not be backed up on verification either.

Binance must be funded and defunded with crypto currency only. So there is no banking details to give there.

Also, get the phone number off the side of the bitcoin ATM and ring the operator. They negotiate the fees. About 4% is what people buying $7500 at a time seem to pay. And you can ask about the exchange rate.
    That’s fantastic. Thanks. I called (it happened to be BadgerCoin) and they were helpful. But again, completely different info than anyone else has told me. Told me that I should use Bitrex, send the BTC I purchase at the machine directly to Bitrex, convert to XRP and send immediately to a strong XRP wallet.

My head is seriously spinning. I manage tens of millions of dollars for my company, yet I can figure out how to put money, easily, somewhere safe into a crypto. Honestly, it makes me just want to say forget it. I have a feeling that somehow I am going to do this and I will hit a wrong button somewhere and the $7500 will just be gone.

Optional

That’s fantastic. Thanks. I called (it happened to be BadgerCoin) and they were helpful. But again, completely different info than anyone else has told me. Told me that I should use Bitrex, send the BTC I purchase at the machine directly to Bitrex, convert to XRP and send immediately to a strong XRP wallet.

My head is seriously spinning. I manage tens of millions of dollars for my company, yet I can figure out how to put money, easily, somewhere safe into a crypto. Honestly, it makes me just want to say forget it. I have a feeling that somehow I am going to do this and I will hit a wrong button somewhere and the $7500 will just be gone.
    It does sound like you are trying to do a large and complex transaction as your fist step into using it.

Take care.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

you can buy on any exchange you please. first step is getting the Crypto currency to buy the alternate coin with. not sure how long they make you wait, but if you're willing to wait a few days, you can get it on gdax with essentially no fee.

dblock05
    dblock05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2726

Watch this video and also follow him for his other videos

https://youtu.be/GqzdQsVcxhM

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Thanks to you all.

Optional, I just signed up at QuadrigaCX, and am waiting again. I did the ‘Equifax Instant Verification’ and got approved....but you need to get secondary verification to use other funding methods (e-transfer, etc.)

I will try to be patient as I wait for full verification (they are stating 48 hours).

Dblock, thanks. I will watch the video.

Cheers

Optional

Thanks to you all.

Optional, I just signed up at QuadrigaCX, and am waiting again. I did the ‘Equifax Instant Verification’ and got approved....but you need to get secondary verification to use other funding methods (e-transfer, etc.)

I will try to be patient as I wait for full verification (they are stating 48 hours).

Cheers
    Oh that's a shame. I thought they had an instant system with limits to get you started.

Thanks for the info.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Oh that's a shame. I thought they had an instant system with limits to get you started.

Thanks for the info.
    It seems as though they must have been burned on it or something. I am ‘verified’ but the only thing I can do is not send a *********** or use a voucher. Neither work for me. To use etransfer I need to get double verification.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Thanks to you all.

Cheers
    48 hours my ass. It takes longer and the Verification method of your license,passport etc takes even longer.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Why not coinbase? Better yet, idk how large your sports book account is but if you have rolled your money over once withdrawal from your book straight to wallet of your choice....no waiting. Then you can just reload your book.

lakerboy

Bucker Canucks can't sell with coinbase only buy. You can move to an external address only

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Donut maybe blessing in disguise nose dive

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Donut maybe blessing in disguise nose dive
    Lol, it’s on sale now, that’s all. 36 hours ago it was trading lower, so that’s no nose dive. I won’t touch this for at least 6 months, so not concerned with daily ups and downs.

Although, being that as it may, I would be happy to get in at the $0.69 it’s at now.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Still waiting.

It’s been more than 72 hours at Kraken and Bitstamp waiting to be verified and more than 24 hours at QuadrigaCX.

I have ave never found it so tough to find somebody that wants my money.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

And still waiting.

XRP has gone from $.69 to $1.10 as of an hour ago.

This is makes no sense to me. How can being verified take so damn long??

lakerboy

They do it on purpose

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They do it on purpose
    Why would Quadriga stall him on purpose as a new customer?

It's just the same as everywhere else probably, over loaded with new signups suddenly.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

It has now gone from $.69 to $1.20.

Wonderful.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

It has now gone from $.69 to $1.20.

Wonderful.
    $1.35

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Window of opportunity still open for other coins.

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Next time use a Service like Paxful or localbitcoin. I know you hate fees, so might not be 100% the best for you but I like my coin instantly and using bank to bank xfer gives me a solid record whom,when and how much I'm paying someone.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Chipup View Post
    Next time use a Service like Paxful or localbitcoin. I know you hate fees, so might not be 100% the best for you but I like my coin instantly and using bank to bank xfer gives me a solid record whom,when and how much I'm paying someone.
    I am not totally opposed to fees, but how long to verify with them? That’s been my biggest issue.

It’s been five days waitfor my for Kraken and Bitstamp and more than two days waiting for Quadriga. Love that Quadriga takes Interac etransfer.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

any reason why you haven't tried coinbase? although you have to wait a few days for the funds to clear if doing a traditional bank transfer, you'd be able to buy for free if you do it on gdax

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    any reason why you haven't tried coinbase? although you have to wait a few days for the funds to clear if doing a traditional bank transfer, you'd be able to buy for free if you do it on gdax
    I will give Coinbase a shot today. I just can’t believe how ridiculous this has all been and was hoping that one of the others would just verify my damn info and let me go live.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Dollars... welcome to crypto trading. Ride the wave.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Like everything that inflates to quickly the bubble is bursting GET OUT

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Like everything that inflates to quickly the bubble is bursting GET OUT
    If you got in early, it isn’t a bad time to take something out, especially given today’s price rally. I want to make one purchase of one crypto and my plan is to go long....this up and down shit means zero to me.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Set up a CoinBase account....but am waiting on my **** being verified. It says right there that they only accept V and M-Card funds....is that true?

Again, I am amazed at how tough it is to just buy this shit. Insane.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

wires, and ACH from US...not sure if same north of da border....would think so

have to link your bank for ACH. Not for wires just get the 'send to' info from CB

Also you are better off to signup with Bitstamp (UK based) for wires, IMHO

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

I am new to Bitcoin as well, but basic common sense based on what is going on with the volatility is that any transaction coming in will take as long as possibly. The market price has been up and down from 16k to 20k in the past what, 2 weeks? Also...my coinbase still has the "high traffic" message. They are doing everything they can to make sure they do not take a hit on the market.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

guys, bitcoin price has ALWAYS been extremely volatile. Now its just much bigger numbers than before.

12 Last