dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Power outage at Atlanta Airport

Busiest airport in the world was without power for several hours because of a fire at Georgia power causing over a thousand flights to be cancelled

Crap city and crap airport, avoid it like the plague

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

maybe i can sell some of the electrical current running down my leg to a local electricity coop to ship that way....

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10862

Travel is overrated

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Airport might suck but what fcking airport doesnt suck. Atlanta easily a top 5 city in the US. Great people, sexy women, great weather, not a trashy city like NY, a lot of things to do. Only thing missing in that state is beaches

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Never been there. Fires happen though so whatever.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Airport might suck but what fcking airport doesnt suck. Atlanta easily a top 5 city in the US. Great people, sexy women, great weather, not a trashy city like NY, a lot of things to do. Only thing missing in that state is beaches
    No its a horrible airport. Dirty, surly staff, constant delays. One of the first things I look at when buying a flight is making sure it doesn't go through Atlanta.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Never been there. Fires happen though so whatever.
    Nah, corrupt incompetent people run that city so this kind of stuff happens

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Atlanta a dumb City

Top 5 in World

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Crap thread, from a crap person.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    No its a horrible airport. Dirty, surly staff, constant delays. One of the first things I look at when buying a flight is making sure it doesn't go through Atlanta.
    I'm sure they will lose sleep over how you feel.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Have you ever left the US? There are some awesome airports but the ones in the US are among the worst

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Fukk I hope the Falcons are already in TB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think about Atlanta think of ghetto

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I travel 52 weeks a year....rarely have issues. Of course people will bitch when they take their two flights a year and one of them is delayed or cancelled.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

A lot of people were stuck on runways for a very long time. I remember being on a runway once for 4 hours just sitting there. That's the worst.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

with this guy as head of georgia power and light's "quick response team," what did you expect????

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Have you ever left the US? There are some awesome airports but the ones in the US are among the worst
    Yeah I've been to Bermuda many times and been to Panama and Bahamas. All airports suck, the only difference with international is you don't have to deal with those low life cksucking TSA people.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think about Atlanta think of ghetto
    Don't you live in the ghetto JJ?

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

^^^^What he said. ^^^^^

I'm not from Atlanta but have spent mucho time there and I'm here to tell ya it's a great city. Nice weather, spectacular women, plenty of good restaurants and hotels, strip joints, great golf.

Did I mention the women?

Traffic can get a bit snarly.

Lots of successful black people.

Busiest airport in the world. Not dirty at all (as someone posted). It's a good one.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Chocolate city really did turn dark... ...

Atlanta has it's good and bad parts.. It's crime ridden and full of gangs.. I'll never go back..

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    ^^^^What he said. ^^^^^

I'm not from Atlanta but have spent mucho time there and I'm here to tell ya it's a great city. Nice weather, spectacular women, plenty of good restaurants and hotels, strip joints, great golf.

Did I mention the women?

Traffic can get a bit snarly.

Lots of successful black people.

Busiest airport in the world. Not dirty at all (as someone posted). It's a good one.
    Agree to disagree

Atlanta is a craphole and getting worse by the day. Sure you have nice pockets outside the city but it is a crime ridden, corrupt hellhole. There's a reason the Atlanta Braves moved out of Atlanta

The airport is awful. Dysfunctional I guess would be the best description. Delays and screw ups are the norm. I've been behind the scenes that passengers don't see and it's like The Heart of Darkness. No excuse for such a busy, important place to be without power for 11 hours.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah the traffic is bad but saying Atlanta is a craphole either means your poor and you live in a bad area or you haven't been to too many places. You wanna talk about corruption, go move to Chicago. Atlanta isn't just downtown Atlanta, there are many other places besides that area to spend your time. There is a lot of people with money in Atlanta and there is reason why many people are moving there.

dlowilly

either means your poor and you live in a shithole or you haven't been to too many places.
    Neither is true and not sure why you would get personal like that

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Neither is true and not sure why you would get personal like that
    Because I lived there for 5 1/2 years and what is coming out of your mouth is complete bullshit. YOu wanna talk about living in a bad place go move to St Louis. Place is a ghost town compared to Atlanta.

dlowilly

Because I lived there for 5 1/2 years and what is coming out of your mouth is complete bullshit. YOu wanna talk about living in a bad place go move to St Louis. Place is a ghost town compared to Atlanta.
    LOL yeah I'm sure St. Louis is a shithole too, and everyone knows that, but we are talking about Atlanta and more specifically the busiest airport in the world being without power for 11 hours.

I understand you have an affintity for a place you lived for over 5 years, but what is it that is coming out of my mouth that is complete bullshit?

Atlanta consistently ranks among the most dangerous cities in the US just behind war zones like Detroit and St. Louis. The corruption of it's government is legendary. Traffic is obscene. Affluent people are and have moved out of that city. I'm sure you had some good times at your favorite nightclub or had the best sushi ever at a restaurant there, but overall the place is a nightmare and this power outage was not an unpreventable random occurrence.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

The ATL is a shithole. I485 is called "The ring around the Congo" for good reasons. Not that there aren't some nice areas in ATL but they are few and far between.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys are focusing on the bad areas like I said before you can find anywhere. No one with money is moving out of Atlanta unless there moving to a place with no state income tax like Florida or Texas. Try going to nice parts of Atlanta like Buckhead or Midtown which are still part of Atlanta.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Yeah the traffic is bad but saying Atlanta is a craphole either means your poor and you live in a bad area or you haven't been to too many places. You wanna talk about corruption, go move to Chicago. Atlanta isn't just downtown Atlanta, there are many other places besides that area to spend your time. There is a lot of people with money in Atlanta and there is reason why many people are moving there.
    All the cities in America where the demographics are mostly made up of black people are gonna be filled with crime, drugs and gang activities.. Atlanta is no exception to that rule... Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans and even here in LA where I live are all trashy in parts.. Oakland is black shit hole, Compton is a Black and Mexican shiit hole, the LBC the same, etc.. Blacks ruin shit, I hate to say that and I'm not trying to be racist either... Is what it is.

With that being said I don't hate black people at all, those that work hard, contribute to society and try to do the right things in life I tip my hats off too..

Raise em right they turn out right...

Raise em up the wrong way and good luck with that..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-18-17 at 04:08 PM.