lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Barkley is without question one of the great black personalities that America has. Imagine if he was in charge of the Lakers. He would have had security throw lavar out.

The Lakers are headed in that direction but doing it step by step instead.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Barkley is without question one of the great black personalities that America has. Imagine if he was in charge of the Lakers. He would have had security throw lavar out.

The Lakers are headed in that direction but doing it step by step instead.
    guy makes the tnt NBA show great.. those phoenix suns rants are epic..

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Barkley is fukking awesome...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol those rumors about lebron going to LA are extra funny now especially since he just bought another mansion there.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    "I wish there was a further away place to send him. I don't even know where Lithuania is, but I just wish there was somewhere further away to send him"

Love Barkley, he doesn't give a fuk

unde0087
    Did we win?

Honestly, I don't know how Lonzo does it. His family, especially his dad, is the laughing stock of the league. Every night on NBA shows and everywhere else it is just joke after joke. All the greats just laughing their asses off. Shit Shaq, Charles, and Smith went off on the Balls for almost 10 minutes the other night, with joke after joke completely clowning them during what was supposed to be highlights of the NBA that night. It was funny as shit. Kid can't even shoot a basketball and then he has to deal with this every night.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

If you have a kid in sports nowadays you know that parents are crazier than ever.

I have a feeling Lavar is one of many crazy ass parents to be in the spotlight in the future.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

I get barkleys riff with Lavar... making money off your kids is a real dickhead move.Reminds me of tyron smith having to be separated from his family because they were hitting him up for so much money earlier in his career.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

He's not exploiting his kids. He's leveraging his personality to create opportunities and money for his kids. Lavar runs his mouth to create free advertising for his brand. You think Lavar would have got all these interviews if he wasn't running his mouth? The BigBallerBrand has got millions of dollars free advertising without him having to spend millions of dollars on actual ads. Even if his kids don't pan out being legit NBA players they can fall back on the shoe and clothing business.

Imagine if Kobe, Lebron, or KD had their own brand of shoes and clothing owned by them since their rookie year. Those brands would be worth billions because of who they are now. Nike paid them a lot of money, but imagine how much more money you make when Nike isn't the middle man.

Just reading through the comments I see most of you don't see the big picture. You actually think Lavar Ball cares that he is the butt of a joke. Nope, every minute you spend talking about Lavar is free advertising for the brand.
    Last edited by NardVa; 12-13-17 at 07:32 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    He's not exploiting his kids. He's leveraging his personality to create opportunities and money for his kids. Lavar runs his mouth to create free advertising for his brand. You think Lavar would have got all these interviews if he wasn't running his mouth? The BigBallerBrand has got millions of dollars free advertising without him having to spend millions of dollars on actual ads. Even if his kids don't pan out being legit NBA players they can fall back on the shoe and clothing business.

Imagine if Kobe, Lebron, or KD had their own brand of shoes and clothing owned by them since their rookie year. Those brands would be worth billions because of who they are now. Nike paid them a lot of money, but imagine how much more money you make when Nike isn't the middle man.

Just reading through the comments I see most of you don't see the big picture. You actually think Lavar Ball cares that he is the butt of a joke. Nope, every minute you spend talking about Lavar is free advertising for the brand.
    You think that company will be worth a shit if Lonzo is a flop? LaVar pretty much ruined any chance of the younger two to make anything of themselves in basketball, not that the middle son had any type of chance to begin with. The second Lonzo busts the ride is over. LaVar will be sucking off CEOs of Payless and Walmart to carry his shit.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

This guy thinks Lavar is being a calculated shrewd businessman. If you ever paid attention to an interview with him, you would realize he's too dumb to put a thought to words much less a good businessman.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Do you know one person that has bought a BBB product? Just one?

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

One of the rare moments Charles is spot on

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

BBB shoes will be just like Starburys, you'll find them for 29.99 at kmart or something.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    guy makes the tnt NBA show great.. those phoenix suns rants are epic..
    Shaq is big on that show now also.. Chuck has the personality though for sure.

Kenny is not very amusing but he does have good insight with NBA knowledge.. Kenny is the sharp one on the panel.. Ernie keeps it all together and moving... I don't watch the show anymore.. Got better things to do.. I use to tune in though...

NardVa

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    You think that company will be worth a shit if Lonzo is a flop? LaVar pretty much ruined any chance of the younger two to make anything of themselves in basketball, not that the middle son had any type of chance to begin with. The second Lonzo busts the ride is over. LaVar will be sucking off CEOs of Payless and Walmart to carry his shit.
    The brand is just getting off the ground. The key is make it were the brand stands on it's on regardless of what his son does in the NBA. Even if you own a cheap clothing brand in Walmart you are making money. Walmart has 12,000 stores in 28 countries (different names of course). I would take selling my shoe brand in Walmart for a living over working a regular job.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I haven't watched much of the Lakers this season BUT BBB was all over the place when they were playing preseason in Vegas. The Lakers were selling out preseason games. I haven't seen that in a very long time. People came out to see Ball play.

I'd like to say Lavar is fukkking nuts but he damn sure sold his first son on the NBA. He just might sell them on the other 2 kids too? He's not conventional, which is why people hate him BUT there's a reason the term is "Eccentric Millionaire". You have to do what most won't do in order to have what most people don't have.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lakers go into Cleveland tomorrow night. Tough play at 10 points.. Lakers have been game lately but they haven't been playing teams as good as the Cavs.. Flip a coin at that 10 point spread me tinks...https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/los-ang...rs-2017121405/

If I had to bet it I'd go Cavs and Lebron but I wouldn't be confident at all.... Probably gonna take a pass on this game.. Cavs have been hit and miss covering spreads at home and the Lakers have been playing good enough to stay in games lately.. Like I said flip a coin in this one..

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I haven't watched much of the Lakers this season BUT BBB was all over the place when they were playing preseason in Vegas. The Lakers were selling out preseason games. I haven't seen that in a very long time. People came out to see Ball play.

I'd like to say Lavar is fukkking nuts but he damn sure sold his first son on the NBA. He just might sell them on the other 2 kids too? He's not conventional, which is why people hate him BUT there's a reason the term is "Eccentric Millionaire". You have to do what most won't do in order to have what most people don't have.
    He didn't sell his first son on the NBA lonzo is a legit talent not sure if he can overcome his shooting problems tho with his terrible mechanics. liangelo is not an NBA prospect at all and lamelo imo is terribly overrated I've seen him get completely shut down by a 2 star recruit who was the same age as him he didn't even really want the ball anymore.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    BBB shoes will be just like Starburys, you'll find them for 29.99 at kmart or something.
    Starburys tho started at that price that was the point.

NardVa

Pesonally, I think his merchandise line is to expensive, but people are buying it. He recently opened up a store in New York and per the news the lines were ridiculous. And this wasn't for an iPhone. It was for Big Baller Brand.

NardVa

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    This guy thinks Lavar is being a calculated shrewd businessman. If you ever paid attention to an interview with him, you would realize he's too dumb to put a thought to words much less a good businessman.
    Lavar has one job to do. Keep himself on TV. The more he's on TV the more free advertising he gets for Big Baller Brand. That's how you leverage you personality. It reminds me of the time when American Idol first came on TV. People used to watch the show just to see how cruel Simon was go be to the contestants. Nobody cared about the other judges.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

barkley is to the nba what big papi is to mlb.....

papi rules

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

and of course, to finish off the big 3 in american sports, this guy is the best nfl commentator ever.... al michaels can't hold his jockstrap:

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lavar has one job to do. Keep himself on TV. The more he's on TV the more free advertising he gets for Big Baller Brand. That's how you leverage you personality. It reminds me of the time when American Idol first came on TV. People used to watch the show just to see how cruel Simon was go be to the contestants. Nobody cared about the other judges.
    Yup we've seen idiots like this before try and make a name for themselves.. Say and do anything in the media to stay relevant.. Lavar is doing just that, trying to build his own brand of idiocy..

Lavar won't go away until the camera's and media stop seeking him out.. More stupid shiit to come from Lavar..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-14-17 at 03:41 PM.

Snowden
    Snowden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6360

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    yeah, nothing else on at 6am....
    Clay Travis on Fox Radio 6-9am. Much better unless you like listening to liberals suck each other off.

First 12