RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Gotta be honest - my lines are very far off in the 2 NCAA games

Here are my lines I made when the match-ups were announced;

Clemson -2.5
    Oklahoma -4

and I actually thought those lines could be higher maybe Clem -3 and OU -4.5.

There is just no way Clemson should be a dog to anyone. And OU is the hottest team out there. They are destroying great defenses. And a PK vs Georgia wtf??

I started a spot on Clem ML at +117. What am I missing?

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

The biggest thing
    Being hot now means nothing in 4 weeks .
    Many things can happen before I'll bet .
    Injuries , suspensions, arrest , etc
    Should be two good games

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Here are my lines I made when the match-ups were announced;

Clemson -2.5
    Oklahoma -4

and I actually thought those lines could be higher maybe Clem -3 and OU -4.5.

There is just no way Clemson should be a dog to anyone. And OU is the hottest team out there. They are destroying great defenses. And a PK vs Georgia wtf??

I started a spot on Clem ML at +117. What am I missing?
    Thanks for the laugh. Great defenses? Are you high? They've faced some of the most porous swiss cheese pretending to be football players. I certainly hope you don't think TCU has a great defense, cause they don't, it just seems so compared to cream puffs like OK. State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Kansas, and the rest of the sieves in that conference. Georgia should be a 3 pt favorite and probably will close as one. Didn't we just go through this whole charade 2 years ago when everybody thought Oklahoma was something special before they got slapped around by Clemson? Georgia will be a different class level for them that they probably can't handle because OU's defense is TERRIBLE. They can't cover people, and they can't tackle. That's a bad combination for a football team. They'll score some points, but the key will be how effective Georgia's blitzing schemes will be. Not only will Mayfield get hit, he's going to get hurt. While it's ridiculous to say OU has no chance (cause they do), I see Georgia winning quite easily.

As far as the other game goes, that's a tight one that probably never sees a 3 pt line either way until game time (unless there's the usual felony arrests, drug possessions, and suspensions that are heavily one sided).

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Thank you for being honest Mr. Bacon, now what?

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

TCU's defensive numbers are inflated. Notably at defending the run. They haven't played power running teams like Georgia, so those stats are skewed.

That's really the only respectable defense they have played which is overrated.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

good luck. I 'm usually wrong on these but I see your reasoning. Best thing that happened to oklahoma was getting rid of stoops. That guy chocked more than 2 dollar hoe on a footlong.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Thank you for being honest Mr. Bacon, now what?
    It's a long time to kickoff. Obviously favors better coaching and experience.

I bet by gametime Okla is -1 and Clem is a PK. But the line could hold or move against me so I'm going to nibble on these ML's.

If you bet both Clem and OU today you are getting +117 and +103. If one wins its a plus day and I'm gonna gamble that both winning has a better shot than both losing.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Lines are just about what I expected right now (subject to change of course with nearly a month to go).

I posted this in a different thread Sunday morning before the CFP Ratings were revealed:

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The two SEC teams would be small favorites. Alabama -2.5 or maybe soft 3 (i.e., -3 +100), Georgia -1.5/2. That Georgia/Oklahoma matchup is almost certain to happen. If Ohio State gets in, then Clemson -4/4.5

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    It's a long time to kickoff. Obviously favors better coaching and experience.

I bet by gametime Okla is -1 and Clem is a PK. But the line could hold or move against me so I'm going to nibble on these ML's.

If you bet both Clem and OU today you are getting +117 and +103. If one wins its a plus day and I'm gonna gamble that both winning has a better shot than both losing.
    Good luck Roy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

To much time off

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oklahoma has no defense

Georgia will run wild and kill the clock

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

over in the Ok game, and way way under in the bama game

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

The openers are just standard vanilla lines based on each team's For and Against, with the Totals shaved towards the public perception of each game (Clemson's D, Oklahoma's O).
    The raw numbers come to
    Alabama -2.45 (Total 49.35).
    Georgia -1.35 (Total 59.50)
    The limits are very low compared to the total handle these games will have so no book's exposing themselves with early basic lines like these. It's a good time for a $500 or less opinion player to take a position.