The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The entire SEC is over rated

They're simply a by-product of ESPN, so ESPN ranks them all ridiculously high

That way at the end of the year when all the decent teams face each other, they're all ranked in the top 10

First thing we should all do when looking at rankings is add 6 numbers to any team from the SEC

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    No clue who you’re even talking about?

Teams play out their seasons and the 4 best teams via good wins, bad losses, and eye test are the final 4 playoff teams

Teams have been playing to win their conferences way before the playoffs even started...so that’s not their point to begin with..it’s just another game for teams to look better or worse IMO
    Can't even win their conf but they one of the best. Like I said, this country and its ppl, think you should determine who deserving when there are processes to do so that been around forever!!!

I know what you taking about., you don't like who wins election you think they shouldn't be in. You don't like the conf champ you think you should get to pick some scrub at home during a playoff weekend!! This is the playoffs, unless like I said then what's to stop me after a playoff loss from demanding my team is still better, they deserve more chances!! Gtfoh

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The entire SEC is over rated

They're simply a by-product of ESPN, so ESPN ranks them all ridiculously high

That way at the end of the year when all the decent teams face each other, they're all ranked in the top 10

First thing we should all do when looking at rankings is add 6 numbers to any team from the SEC
    SEC Out of conference and Bowl records for the last 10-15 years vs other 5 power schools would be a good way to tell

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Can't even win their conf but they one of the best. Like I said, this country and its ppl, think you should determine who deserving when there are processes to do so that been around forever!!!

I know what you taking about., you don't like who wins election you think they shouldn't be in. You don't like the conf champ you think you should get to pick some scrub at home during a playoff weekend!! This is the playoffs, unless like I said then what's to stop me after a playoff loss from demanding my team is still better, they deserve more chances!! Gtfoh
    Just rambling crazy shit

Bottom line is you think conference champions need to go even though there’s only 4 spots for 5 teams

I think conference titles are nice but don’t carry much weight because not every conference is equal

Oh well

2daBank

Next year no games even required MLD is gonna just tell us who the 4 best teams are, who would win those games, and crown a national champion!!' All based off his eye test of recruits since winning your conference is meaningless !!

2daBank

Kills me this country has gotten to a place where everyone feels their opinion is more valid than actual results.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Next year no games even required MLD is gonna just tell us who the 4 best teams are, who would win those games, and crown a national champion!!' All based off his eye test of recruits since winning your conference is meaningless !!
    Would have picked Oklahoma Clemson Bama and who knows maybe Georgia or USC? At the beginning of the year

So you might have a point

Ohio State lost to Iowa by 31 I’m done arguing

2daBank

Would have picked Oklahoma Clemson Bama and who knows maybe Georgia or USC? At the beginning of the year

So you might have a point

Ohio State lost to Iowa by 31 I’m done arguing
    A week after playing a insane game vs a highly ranked team., point is that what it takes and you go through to win your conference. They prevailed, bama vs nobody besides auburn didn't., that the way the cookie crumbles.. I get the committee ruined that by letting undeserving osu in last year so I don't care what they do. But it asinine to tell me you can get in without playing today but then I can't ask for another game after my undefeated team loses in the playoff in 3 weeks!!! The season is a buildup and why college football is great, you wanna worry about some meaningless game in oct fine then tell me why the game in 3 weeks more important? Tell me that and you win!!! Short of that if you can't win your conference I really don't wanna see you in 3 weeks when you weren't playing today, welcome to the rental car.com bowl!!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

A week after playing a insane game vs a highly ranked team., point is that what it takes and you go through to win your conference. They prevailed, bama vs nobody besides auburn didn't., that the way the cookie crumbles.. I get the committee ruined that by letting undeserving osu in last year so I don't care what they do. But it asinine to tell me you can get in without playing today but then I can't ask for another game after my undefeated team loses in the playoff in 3 weeks!!! The season is a buildup and why college football is great, you wanna worry about some meaningless game in oct fine then tell me why the game in 3 weeks more important? Tell me that and you win!!! Short of that if you can't win your conference I really don't wanna see you in 3 weeks when you weren't playing today, welcome to the rental car.com bowl!!
    There’s no meaningless college football games...that’s why we disagree

If there’s no set criteria (and there’s not since they took Ohio St last year) then all we go do is give our opinion on the 4 best teams based on how they played this season...and every damn game they played is part of the package

I would never vote for a team as one of the 4 best in the nation that got destroyed twice in one season, once by damn Iowa

If Conference Champions were the only choice I’d have USC anyway over Ohio State

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Pre season rankings influence too much throughout the season

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think Clemson and Bama would both be double digits over OSU. I think UGA would be favored over Oklahoma as well. Oklahoma is very overrated IMO. Their defense is still trash and that offense has been shown to get shut done in bowl games. I think they would get boat raced against Clemson or Bama.
    i think i laid 8 on alabama last time they played osu. i was convinced that ala would beat the shat out of osu. Don't tell mr how good ala is.osu just didn't match up with clemson. By the way isn't ala missing their lbs

chico2663

alabama is so great they beat a shitty tex a m by 8. A m never could compete in the 12 Clemson the number 1 team but lost as a 30 point favorite to syracuse? Oklahoma has got to be the number 1. Followed by ga, clemson and then osu. osu went over conference mate penn state. As far as usc. they got their asses handed to them by notre dame. By the way I root for texas and then uc.

chico2663

By saying you care more about conference champions...

Alabama is essentially punished for losing to Auburn instead of losing to someone like Ole Miss by 30

All I know is Bama never loses to IOWA, never mind by fukkin 30

Ohio St doesn’t belong in the argument anyway...USC vs Bama a better argument
    osu would never lose to tex am

chico2663

If there’s no set criteria (and there’s not since they took Ohio St last year) then all we go do is give our opinion on the 4 best teams based on how they played this season...and every damn game they played is part of the package

I would never vote for a team as one of the 4 best in the nation that got destroyed twice in one season, once by damn Iowa

If Conference Champions were the only choice I’d have USC anyway over Ohio State
    problem with your theory is penn st and ohio st came from the same conference. they never left 1 conference to put in 2 from another

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Wait Alabama lost at auburn....the spread was 4 or 5..big deal. Georgia lost to auburn by 35

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

just flip a coin heads ohio state gets in tails alabama

2daBank

You have told me conference championships are meaningless, yet some early season game when team isn't even close to same team they are now is important?

Double standard maybe??

I get it you rather have teams play all garbage and be undefeated than actually play good competition and lose one or 2., So now you not only have made this awesome Saturday meaningless but you have just told every program to schedule garbage out of conference since you think some early season loss is somehow equal to a loss late in season when playing for right to make conf championship then playoff??

No clue how you can even continue telling me a late season game you have to win to get into your conference championship isn't more important than a game in October that doesn't end up determining that right?? Pure garbage, all games are not created equal. If you argue that fact then why should a loss in the final 4 matter? If we still decide the playoff loser is one of the best 2 why can't they move on since it was only one loss??? Lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

My futures are the greatest accomplishment in betting history. Don't have the screen shot on me, but rest assured, I'll post it every time al bundy talks about high school.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Pre season rankings influence too much throughout the season
    That's the only reason Alabama was able to hold the #1 Spot until they actually played a real opponent. Nick Saban ran out of rabbits to pull out of hat when he was able to win over Miss St with 1:31 left in a tied game. Ohio St in, Alabama out!!!

People can bring up Iowa all they want, ... Iowa almost had Penn St too. If there is such a thing as a quality loss, people can also throw in Syracuse in the picture. That doesn't mean Clemson should be out either. Bama's only true resume was holding on to a #1 Spot that achieved last year and was able to maintain with a completely weak schedule until their final game.

People should ask themselves what this years Bama would have done if they played Ohio State's schedule. Bama wouldn't even be part of the discussion right now if they did.

First 1234