The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Alabama deserves credit for the win over Florida State- that was before Francois got hurt, and with him they were a top 20 team without question, the game was nearly tied at half.
    Dude, Alabama just doesn't have the resume this year. You're trying so hard to make FSU out to be something more than they turned out to be. You're treating this like it's the court of law, it's not. FSU was 6-6, Alabama lost it's last game of the year, didn't win their conference and frankly lost to the only good team they played and it wasn't close

Ohio St won their conference, beat the #3 team tonight, played #2 OU in an out of conference game, had a tougher SOS

Get over it, Ohio St is getting in. Move on, there is money to be made tomorrow but all you want is to be right on the internet

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Since when has 2 losses became better than 1 loss? Especially when both losses were blowouts? Even more when one of the blowouts is a 31 point loss to IOWA? Host the fukk is OSU deserved? The better question should be why is OSU favored over USC? USC has a better resume than OSU IMO??? OSU has gotten too many breaks in these playoffs. do we really want to see them get blown out again in a playoff game?
    Cause they beat some ranked teams and won they'd bind., Only good win bama has is ending fsu season,. Bad losses don't mean shit to me, having a letdown isn't as bothersome as not even winning your conf or playing today when your conference only had 3 solid teams at that!!

bottom line is I think it stinks that conf championship now means nothing. I get your argument but only because those dumb fukks let osu in last year when they were sitting home today and didn't deserve it., much like bama today,, lose a unimportant game in middle of year I say so what. Next thing you gonna tell me Is the loser of the 1st playoff deserves another chance if they came in undefeated!!

2daBank

Please explain how OSU can get in with 2 losses and USC is left home (but won their conference)??? You don't think USC is getting screwed here?
    Nope, eye test.

The Kraken

Please explain how OSU can get in with 2 losses and USC is left home (but won their conference)??? You don't think USC is getting screwed here?
    USC would beat Alabama

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Don't worry one day it will be power 5 conference champions in the playoff with some at large teams and everybody will be happy
    Na, then it just make everything else more meaningless like every other sport and I'll lose interest other than caring cause we gambling,

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

USC and Darnold vs Clemson would be a much better game than Ohio State against Clemson

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Dude, Alabama just doesn't have the resume this year. You're trying so hard to make FSU out to be something more than they turned out to be. You're treating this like it's the court of law, it's not. FSU was 6-6, Alabama lost it's last game of the year, didn't win their conference and frankly lost to the only good team they played and it wasn't close

Ohio St won their conference, beat the #3 team tonight, played #2 OU in an out of conference game, had a tougher SOS

Get over it, Ohio St is getting in. Move on, there is money to be made tomorrow but all you want is to be right on the internet
    LMAO, did you really just argue that Wisconsin is a top 3 team in the country. This is even worse than your argument that Okafor is a good player. Wisconsin did not beat a single team that was ranked at the end of the year and was not a top 15 team, Alabama destroyed everyone they played the first half of the season and beat LSU, Mississippi State, and a Florida State team that was ranked in the top 10 when they played. A lot of teams suck without their quarterback - Clemson lost to Syracuse without Bryant.

The Kraken

Plus it would prolong the football season by a month, and the two finalists would end up playing an extra 4 games per season. Not sure thats going to happen

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Na, then it just make everything else more meaningless like every other sport and I'll lose interest other than caring cause we gambling,
    well the system isn't working there are 5 power conferences and only 4 spots somebody is getting left out each year that has a case

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    USC and Darnold vs Clemson would be a much better game than Ohio State against Clemson
    Which shows what dog shit Ohio State and the big ten is, and how bad Barret, not an argument for USC, and argument against Ohio State.

2daBank

I agree with all that other than I do think bama should get credit for ruining fsu, not that i think it enough but when committee let osu in last year it kinda killed half what you saying.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

8 Team Playoff would be better

This is what this year's will be

Clemson Vs OSU Oklahoma vs Georgia

Or we could have this

1) Clemson vs UCF

2) Oklahoma Vs USC

3) Georgia VS Penn St

4) Ohio St VS Alabama

Make it Happen

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Ohio st- didn't win their conference last year and got in over penn st and lost to clemson by 30 pts in the playoff. This year they lose to Iowa by 30 and have 2 loses.

Proof that conference champs don't always get in- Alabama gets in with only 1 loss.

The Kraken

LMAO, did you really just argue that Wisconsin is a top 3 team in the country. This is even worse than your argument that Okafor is a good player. Wisconsin did not beat a single team that was ranked at the end of the year and was not a top 15 team, Alabama destroyed everyone they played the first half of the season and beat LSU, Mississippi State, and a Florida State team that was ranked in the top 10 when they played. A lot of teams suck without their quarterback - Clemson lost to Syracuse without Bryant.
    Your entire post is blasting Wisky for having a weak SOS and that is also Alabamas downfall. At lease be consistent. They played a shit out of conference schedule and lost to the only good team they played. /discussion, OSU is getting in. I can hardly wait for the pages and pages you're going to write after OSU gets in telling us all why you were right and the committee was wrong.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

The committee don't want lopsided games, if Ohio is in Clemson will whoop them

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Ohio st- didn't win their conference last year and got in over penn st and lost to clemson by 30 pts in the playoff. This year they lose to Iowa by 30 and have 2 loses.

Proof that conference champs don't always get in- Alabama gets in with only 1 loss.
    if you put alabama in the north will not be represented can't have 4 southern teams in the playoff that's just not fair

thomorino

Part of me actually wants Ohio State to get in just so they get killed by Clemson and then we all see what every intelligent person knows - the big ten is dog shit, and we don't have to go through this every year.
    Last edited by thomorino; 12-03-17 at 01:17 AM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    well the system isn't working there are 5 power conferences and only 4 spots somebody is getting left out each year that has a case
    Again not really. Go back to start, put in only conf champs and find me the year it wasn't obvious which should be left out.. not saying theoretically you aren't right, and certainly could happen but I simply don't recall a year or forsee a year arising where it isn't easy to leave one of them out. Could happen then we can cross that beef!! Lol

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    8 Team Playoff would be better

This is what this year's will be

Clemson Vs OSU Oklahoma vs Georgia

Or we could have this

1) Clemson vs UCF

2) Oklahoma Vs USC

3) Georgia VS Penn St

4) Ohio St VS Alabama

Make it Happen
    Gross. I like 4., you trying to ruin this weekend which I find awesome!!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Guys, it's super close.

There is no reason to argue and get heated, it's not up to us who gets in. You can make good arguments for both sides.

I believe Ohio State will be chosen.

Could go either way.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

By saying you care more about conference champions...

Alabama is essentially punished for losing to Auburn instead of losing to someone like Ole Miss by 30

All I know is Bama never loses to IOWA, never mind by fukkin 30

Ohio St doesn’t belong in the argument anyway...USC vs Bama a better argument

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I hope you are joking, the Pac 12 was absolute trash and USC was very lucky to win half their games. If Shaw wasn't retarded they would have converted the 4th down and won the game. USC was the most overrated team in the country.
    Once again I ask. Please explain how OSU can get in with 2 losses and USC is left home? I'm not talking about luck. I'm talking about scoreboard. OSU got boatraced 2 times... 1 was to IOWA. By 31 points.

thomorino

Your entire post is blasting Wisky for having a weak SOS and that is also Alabamas downfall. At lease be consistent. They played a shit out of conference schedule and lost to the only good team they played. /discussion, OSU is getting in. I can hardly wait for the pages and pages you're going to write after OSU gets in telling us all why you were right and the committee was wrong.
    Alabama's strength of schedule shits on Wisconsin's. Alabama played LSU, Florida State, Auburn, and Mississippi State. 3 of those games were on the road. Wisconsin played Iowa and Michigan - at home. Get lost. Wisconsin would have lost to Auburn by 40. You don't seem to understand how important home advantage is in the big ten, Wisconsin played 2 half decent teams all year, and both game were at home.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Guys, it's super close.

There is no reason to argue and get heated, it's not up to us who gets in. You can make good arguments for both sides.

I believe Ohio State will be chosen.

Could go either way.
    I like arguing every side cause i really don't care. Lol. My girl keeps Saying "are you arguing you smiling like you arguing", I'm like, "na baby, just stirring the pot "

thomorino

Once again I ask. Please explain how OSU can get in with 2 losses and USC is left home? I'm not talking about luck. I'm talking about scoreboard. OSU got boatraced 2 times... 1 was to IOWA. By 31 points.
    USC played no one good out of conference, they shouldn't be rewarded for a shit schedule.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

USC played no one good out of conference, they shouldn't be rewarded for a shit schedule.
    Ohio State tried playing a tough out of conference team and got shit on and flag stomped on their own home turf

I guess we should reward them for trying
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave MoneyLineDawg 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I like arguing every side cause i really don't care. Lol. My girl keeps Saying "are you arguing you smiling like you arguing", I'm like, "na baby, just stirring the pot "

Your night sounds exactly like mine.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    By saying you care more about conference champions...

Alabama is essentially punished for losing to Auburn instead of losing to someone like Ole Miss by 30

All I know is Bama never loses to IOWA, never mind by fukkin 30

Ohio St doesn’t belong in the argument anyway...USC vs Bama a better argument
    No they punished for not winning their conf. Like i said I don't care if a team drops 1 meaningless game somewhere. You basically saying if a undefeated loses the 1st playoff they should get another chance the following week cause doesn't matter when they lose!! Am I wrong? The way it is is the playoff isn't just the last 4, it builds throughout the year.

Mac4Lyfe

bottom line is I think it stinks that conf championship now means nothing. I get your argument but only because those dumb fukks let osu in last year when they were sitting home today and didn't deserve it., much like bama today,, lose a unimportant game in middle of year I say so what. Next thing you gonna tell me Is the loser of the 1st playoff deserves another chance if they came in undefeated!!
    What are you saying? On one hand you said more teams mean watering down the regular season but now you are totally discounting the regular season since you don't care about an unimportant game in the middle of the year??? You don't think OSU getting curb stomped by Iowa is troubling? What other top 10 has a horrible loss like that one? Then they got blown out by OU too. How can you say that games don't matter but somehow a conference championship does? You're saying that OSU deserves another chance after getting blown out to IOWA?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

No they punished for not winning their conf. Like i said I don't care if a team drops 1 meaningless game somewhere. You basically saying if a undefeated loses the 1st playoff they should get another chance the following week cause doesn't matter when they lose!! Am I wrong? The way it is is the playoff isn't just the last 4, it builds throughout the year.
    My point is Ohio State got away with losing to a shitty conference team like Iowa because they weren’t the ones winning the conference...Bama just happened to lose against the team that won their division who was actually a legit opponent

So in this case it was “better” to lose to a shit team just because they weren’t winning your conference?

It’s totally possible that the 4 best teams in the nation can come from the same conference...so that being the case, why do we have to have conference champs as the 4 best teams if they aren’t ever created equally?

If an undefeated team loses their conference championship game they can still make the playoffs...it’s only one loss if they’re one of the 4 best
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

it's going to be 1 clemson vs 4 ohio state and 2 oklahoma vs 3 georgia sadly even though alabama is better than ohio state they will be left out

2daBank

Then why does losing in the playoff eliminate them bro? Hell with what you saying we should go back to the polls and fukk even playing the games we will all just pick who we think best!!! LMFAO.

You win your conference to prove you best in a region. Then in playoff you face other regions to see who is best. This should be so simple but much like everything in this country we want our opinion to matter instead of who actually wins our elections, conferences, anything! Forget winning cause MONEY LINE DAWG HAS DETERMINED WHO THE BEST IS EVEN IF THEY COULDNT WIN REGION!!
    Last edited by 2daBank; 12-03-17 at 01:29 AM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Then why does losing in the playoff eliminate them bro? Hell with what you saying we should go back to the polls and fukk even playing the games we will all just pick who we think best!!! LMFAO.
    No clue who you’re even talking about?

Teams play out their seasons and the 4 best teams via good wins, bad losses, and eye test are the final 4 playoff teams regardless of where their school is located

Teams have been playing to win their conferences way before the playoffs even started...so that’s not their point to begin with..it’s just another game for teams to look better or worse IMO

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Your night sounds exactly like mine.
    She kinda getting impatient with me but I'm fukkin killing this debate and pretty buzzed up!!

Mac4Lyfe

They played and beat Texas who barely lost to OU. The same OU that shit on OSU in their own house.

I'm still trying to find a quality OOC win for the ENTIRE B10??? Please find me a quality OOC win for that entire conference? The B10 has been like the Big East. Play no one all damn year so they can elevate their shitty teams. OSU and Michigan the only 2 Big10 teams that will play anyone with a pulse OOC. The rest of the Big10 are fukkin fakers. The Pac10 at least attempts to play OOC games.

Please explain how OSU is more deserved than USC? Do you really think OSU would beat USC in a playoff game? Hell no.

First 1234 Last