thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Wisconsin beat them last year on a neutral field. They'd probably do it again this year, too.

Ohio State beat three teams ranked higher than anyone Alabama beat: Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State.
    Michigan State was a joke, they lost to Notre Dame by 25 at home.Wisconsin was not better than Florida State with Francois, Florida State was nearly tied with Alabama at half of that game, and Penn State was overrated, plus they barely won at home.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I believe Alabama is the better team, but Ohio State has the better resume. And they won their conference championship. That has to count for something.
    We'll see what happens.
    I'm actually hoping Alabama gets in.
    Giant - how is Ohio State's resume better? Which team in the B10 is better than Auburn or LSU? WHAT QUALITY WIN DOES THE B10 HAVE OUT OF CONFERENCE? OSU beat Michigan State, Penn State and Wisconsin who all played NO ONE out of conference. The B10 is scheduling out of conference shit like the Big East used to do. Play no one so that their records are inflated at the end of the season. Notre Dame killed Mich State, Oklahoma slaughtered OSU. Outside of that, the entire conference played no one. The best win out of conference was Michigan beating Florida. GTFOH with that.

I want chaos. I hope some shit happens so we get change. I'm tired of the eye test. Let them decide it on the field instead of public opinion. Sure with 8 teams, teams 9, 10 and 11 are going to feel deserved too but at least more teams have chances.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wisconsin beat them last year on a neutral field. They'd probably do it again this year, too.

Ohio State beat three teams ranked higher than anyone Alabama beat: Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State.
    Last year not the same but either way it’s a close call...and that’s the Point. LSU is a mid-upper SEC team and Wisky was close to running through the Big 10 undefeated and they’re pretty comparable in terms of quality

They have slighttttly better wins overall to me...But it’s way overrated by some people who overrate the Big Ten

Blown out at home by the only real team they played and absolutely destroyed by a mid tier Big Ten team is unforgivable

Bama EVER getting rolled like that by Iowa? lol no
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 12-02-17 at 11:57 PM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Alabama beat FSU with Francois, a top 25 team with him, LSU was a top 25 team, Mississippi State on the road was a top 25 team, and Alabama didn't have any bad losses, Ohio State's loss to Iowa was atrocious.

It's a lock, OSU in

Brock 2.0

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Alabama beat FSU with Francois, a top 25 team with him, LSU was a top 25 team, Mississippi State on the road was a top 25 team, and Alabama didn't have any bad losses, Ohio State's loss to Iowa was atrocious.
    The committee sees Florida state as 6-6 team and in the committeek’s rankings, Wisconsin and penn state are better wins than miss st and LSU. What you and I think about which team is better is irrelevant. You and I may think LSU is better than Wisconsin, their rankings suggest otherwise.
    Don’t fool yourself, this will be a close vote whether you like it or not. I don’t really care either way as I will be cheering for Clemson against either team.

The Kraken

I just hope OU gets another crack at Clemson. Clemson has embarrassed them the last 2 BCS games they played in, OU needs revenge

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

what's the point spread 1 clemson vs 4 ohio state, 1 clemson vs 4 alabama and 2 oklahoma vs 3 georgia any guesses

clemson vs ohio clemson -5

clemson vs alabama alabama -3

oklahoma vs georgia oklahoma -3

thomorino

Lol, are you kidding me, Clemson would be -6.5 minimum, Barrett sucks and the big tene is garbage. I don't think Alabama would be favored against Clemson with the injuries they have, maybe -1, but that's it.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Lol, are you kidding me, Clemson would be -6.5 minimum, Barrett sucks and the big tene is garbage. I don't think Alabama would be favored against Clemson with the injuries they have, maybe -1, but that's it.
    i'm just guessing i'm not an expert or anything i would actually love to know how those people set the lines exactly scary when game lands right on the number side and total like ravens texans game last week

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Anyone that thinks any team in the B10 would be favored over Bama is fukkin nuts. Vegas would have Bama -17 over OSU.

thomorino

Alabama would be -5.5 against Ohio State, Barret can't throw at all and Ohio State's secondary has holes, there's no way the books would let anyone bet Alabama at -3 against Ohio State.

Mac4Lyfe

I think Clemson and Bama would both be double digits over OSU. I think UGA would be favored over Oklahoma as well. Oklahoma is very overrated IMO. Their defense is still trash and that offense has been shown to get shut done in bowl games. I think they would get boat raced against Clemson or Bama.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

what do u think georgia oklahoma line will be that one seems hard to me have to lean oklahoma fav right

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I just hope OU gets another crack at Clemson. Clemson has embarrassed them the last 2 BCS games they played in, OU needs revenge
    Clemson....Oklahoma 🏈😂✔

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    OSU's offense is too one dimensional to beat a team like Bama. Barrett is a poor pocket passer and he's on a gimpy leg. Bama would have time to heal up as well. Not a good recipe. -3 would be a gift IMO. I say let them have a play in game to see who makes the playoff.

I've always said that the committee should be able to have 1 or 2 play in games like the team of 68 in March Madness. Years where it's very close, the committee should let the close teams fight for a slot. That way OSU and Bama could fight it out and maybe have UCF play someone as well. They would have been just as deserved as a Wisconsin IMO. Both played shit schedules.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Bama but only because be funny to see Ohio st get taken out by a team who didn't even make conf championship game like they made it last year..

I'm sure many will disagree but think it beyond stupid that a team can make final 4 without winning their comf championship. Somehow teams that lose in said conf ship get eliminated while a team sitting home watching today can make it.

Mac4Lyfe

OU wants no part of Clemson. That is a horrible matchup for Choklahoma.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

OSU's offense is too one dimensional to beat a team like Bama. Barrett is a poor pocket passer and he's on a gimpy leg. Bama would have time to heal up as well. Not a good recipe. -3 would be a gift IMO. I say let them have a play in game to see who makes the playoff.

I've always said that the committee should be able to have 1 or 2 play in games like the team of 68 in March Madness. Years where it's very close, the committee should let the close teams fight for a slot. That way OSU and Bama could fight it out and maybe have UCF play someone as well. They would have been just as deserved as a Wisconsin IMO. Both played shit schedules.

Give Clemson and Oklahoma a bye let Alabama play Ohio State and Wisconsin play georgia, winners play clemson and oklahoma in semis

Mac4Lyfe

Ohio State lost by 31 points to Iowa... I'm not sure how this is even a discussion. Bama has 1 lost, OSU has 2 losses both by boat raced. Come on man.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Give Clemson and Oklahoma a bye let Alabama play Ohio State and Wisconsin play georgia, winners play clemson and oklahoma in semis
    They have a play in it called the conference championship. This shouldn't be so hard for them to figure out. Don't win your conference fukk off, it that simple. Used to be the main goal of teams.

Mac4Lyfe

Why should UGA have to play an extra game? Why not Clemson and Oklahoma? UGA has just as much claim to the best slot as Clemson and OU, if not more??? How does Wisconsin get in this discussion? They just lost their playoff in the 1 team they played with a pulse all year. Now, maybe UCF deserves a shot???

2daBank

Ohio State lost by 31 points to Iowa... I'm not sure how this is even a discussion. Bama has 1 lost, OSU has 2 losses both by boat raced. Come on man.
    Only reason it is cause they let osu in last year while sitting home this weekend. Should be easy, can't win your conference you can't play in playoff. But they went and ruined that cause they had to let fraudulent Osu in last year so unfortunately your view has merit. Don't think bama has one impressive win outside of ruining fsu season tho.

The Kraken

Ohio St had the #3 toughest SOS, won the Big 10 and played OU in an ooc game.

Only reason I want Alabama in is so OU can beat them and Clemson

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Bama but only because be funny to see Ohio st get taken out by a team who didn't even make conf championship game like they made it last year..

I'm sure many will disagree but think it beyond stupid that a team can make final 4 without winning their comf championship. Somehow teams that lose in said conf ship get eliminated while a team sitting home watching today can make it.
    The stupidity starts with having 4 playoff teams with 5 power conferences if you want conference championships to mean anything

8 is perfect and if you’re number 9 or 10 you definitley don’t belong anyway as opposed to 5 or 6

I just wanna see a good game and Clemson Bama is an awsome one...Clemson Ohio St would be good for my wallet I guess because they couldn’t make Clemson big enough favorites

I would rather see USC over Ohio State honestly

Mac4Lyfe

They have a play in it called the conference championship. This shouldn't be so hard for them to figure out. Don't win your conference fukk off, it that simple. Used to be the main goal of teams.
    I don't think it's just that cut and dry when it's only 4 teams. Why isn't the Pac10 in the discussion? USC won their conference??? Why is OSU in over USC? I think USC is just as deserved as OSU with 2 losses??? I think the Pac10 is better than the Big10 as well.

I think it's ludicrous to have only 4 teams and there's 5 power conferences. That doesn't make any sense to begin with. So obviously the conference doesn't mean anything because every year at least 1 power conference will be left out. There has to be more teams than 4. Maybe have 6 teams, where 2 teams get a bye. But to me 8 makes sense because you can have the 5 that win the conference automatically and then have the committee choose the remaining 3. That way, the committee really doesn't have much say in who gets in. The conferences send 1 representative and it's a done deal from there. I'm not sure why they want to fit a square peg in a round hole. You have to have more than 4 teams. That's not even a playoff. That's an AND1.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

so what if a team has 2 or 3 non conference losses but then wins there conference championship they should be in over a 1 loss team that lost last regular season game and cmon the acc is a joke this year sec big 10 big 12 and pac 12 are tougher than the acc

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    The stupidity starts with having 4 playoff teams with 5 power conferences if you want conference championships to mean anything

8 is perfect and if you’re number 9 or 10 you definitley don’t belong anyway as opposed to 4 or 5

I just wanna see a good game and Clemson Bama is an awsome one...Clemson Ohio St would be good for my wallet I guess because they couldn’t make Clemson big enough favorites
    True but most years one of the 5 produces a undeserving canadate.. it all so retarded. Big12 gets shafted for what one or 2 years I forget? dumb ass agenda driven committee punishes them for not having conf ship is what they say, , so they add that game and committee starts letting teams in sitting home on this weekend! I mean seriously wtf is that?? Obviously this all says i believe OSU deserves to be in but seeing how they didn't last year i really don't care if they get left out.

Mac4Lyfe

Ohio St had the #3 toughest SOS, won the Big 10 and played OU in an ooc game.
    Only reason I want Alabama in is so OU can beat them and Clemson
    3rd toughest schedule base on what??? The Big 10? That conference is a fukkin fraud man. They are resorting to the Big East tactics of playing no one OOC to elevate their records because they used to routinely shit the bed when they played any teams with a pulse. How can you honestly have Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State in the top 10 when they all played no one with a pulse. What are there best wins? Please, tell me? Who has either of those teams played OOC? Oh, Michigan State played Notre Dame and got blown out. Wisky and PSU played NO ONE OOC. At least Bama played Fresno State and FSU with Francois. OSU does not get credit to their SOS by getting blown out by OU at home.

thomorino

Alabama deserves credit for the win over Florida State- that was before Francois got hurt, and with him they were a top 20 team without question, the game was nearly tied at half.

2daBank

so what if a team has 2 or 3 non conference losses but then wins there conference championship they should be in over a 1 loss team that lost last regular season game and cmon the acc is a joke this year sec big 10 big 12 and pac 12 are tougher than the acc
    I don't recall a year you couldn't have given me 4 conf champions and I'd have felt someone else got screwed. You making scenarios that don't happen to fit argument, I guess talk to me about that in a year we have some crappy 3 loss conf champion.

Mac4Lyfe

True but most years one of the 5 produces a undeserving canadate.. it all so retarded. Big12 gets shafted for what one or 2 years I forget? dumb ass agenda driven committee punishes them for not having conf ship is what they say, , so they add that game and committee starts letting teams in sitting home on this weekend! I mean seriously wtf is that?? Obviously this all says i believe OSU deserves to be in but seeing how they didn't last year i really don't care if they get left out.
    Since when has 2 losses became better than 1 loss? Especially when both losses were blowouts? Even more when one of the blowouts is a 31 point loss to IOWA? Host the fukk is OSU deserved? The better question should be why is OSU favored over USC? USC has a better resume than OSU IMO??? OSU has gotten too many breaks in these playoffs. do we really want to see them get blown out again in a playoff game?

2daBank

Alabama deserves credit for the win over Florida State- that was before Francois got hurt, and with him they were a top 20 team without question, the game was nearly tied at half.
    I def agree with that. I've said 100x how can you knock bama for ruining a projected top 10 teams season? If anything that should be a feather in their cap., still don't like idea of team sitting home this weekend getting in but they screwed that all up when they let osu in last year.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't recall a year you couldn't have given me 4 conf champions and I'd have felt someone else got screwed. You making scenarios that don't happen to fit argument, I guess talk to me about that in a year we have some crappy 3 loss conf champion.
    Please explain how OSU can get in with 2 losses and USC is left home (but won their conference)??? You don't think USC is getting screwed here?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Please explain how OSU can get in with 2 losses and USC is left home (but won their conference)??? You don't think USC is getting screwed here?
    Don't worry one day it will be power 5 conference champions in the playoff with some at large teams and everybody will be happy

thomorino

I hope you are joking, the Pac 12 was absolute trash and USC was very lucky to win half their games. If Shaw wasn't retarded they would have converted the 4th down and won the game. USC was the most overrated team in the country.

First 1234 Last