gamblin_yahoo
    gamblin_yahoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    one day my ripple investment is gonna pay off

Probably not, there is a good chance 99% of all cryptocurrencies will be stuck with the "shitcoin" label.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It only feels personal to you as you are so completely wrong.

'Easily traded for goods' and a 'stable price' are no more relevant than 'intrinsic value' was.

US$ has made large moves in both directions in the last 20 years. Do you think that would be more likely to survive/prosper if it was a fixed price like the Yuan was not too long ago? How is intrinsic value or stable price somehow vital for bitcoin to survive but not for any other modern currency? In fact, kind of the opposite, all major modern currencies that started out with exchange rates fixed by govt were forced to move to a tradeable model to survive.

Bitcoin has also demonstrated clearly already that there is no requirement for it to be 'easily traded for goods' for it to escalate in value. Again to help you understand with an analogy. Why dosn't gold need to be 'easily traded for goods' to be valuable but you think Bitcoin does?
    Well no, because fixed exchange rate is a terrible idea. You tie your buggy to someone else's horse, and when they have economic problems, you get screwed. Despite the large moves, the change in USD actual value is very small and incremental due to inflation. I don't really think normal currency trading is a good idea either. But the USD is not going to go down 50% tomorrow.

So basically, you admit that bitcoin is useless besides being something that hopefully you can sell to someone later for more money for no reason other than speculation. So the minute that non-enthusiasts get scared, or enthusiasts find something new, whats holding up the price?

Gold has industrial and commercial uses https://www.statista.com/statistics/...terly-figures/, which provide it with some floor of value. Not that its correct, but gold has a longer history of being a store of value, therefore
    there is more of a floor. I'm not a gold bug, so I really don't put much faith in it.

I hate to use the tulips/beanie babies/baseball cards analogies. Just because something has gone up in price doesn't mean it will continue to do so. Good luck!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I could have bought 100k in bitcoin at the beginning of the year or 100k in nintendo... lol it wasn't a hard choice and sure as hell isn't now that bitcoin is 10k a piece.

the only opportunity being missed here is if you're not in the stock market, that is where the real returns are. Sure if you only have 1000 to your name then go all-in in bitcoin. But if you have real money then no one is going to put any substantial amount in cryptos especially when there is literally a thousand better choices.

I've haven't lost an ounce of sleep over this bitcoin run, been too busy making real money in a much safer risk-free way.
    Last edited by brooks85; 11-30-17 at 07:54 AM.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Imagine if SBR had offered bitcoins 5 years ago and not Target gift cards? would have a rich set of SBR PROS here.
    Yeah you would have opened your own fuggin bank.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I could have bought 100k in bitcoin at the beginning of the year or 100k in nintendo... lol it wasn't a hard choice and sure as hell isn't now that bitcoin is 10k a piece.

the only opportunity being missed here is if you're not in the stock market, that is where the real returns are. Sure if you only have 1000 to your name then go all-in in bitcoin. But if you have real money then no one is going to put any substantial amount in cryptos especially when there is so literally a thousand better choices.

I've haven't lost an ounce of sleep over this bitcoin run, been too busy making real money in a much safer risk-free way.
    I always thought you were retarded.

Now there is absolutely no doubt.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I always thought you were retarded.

Now there is absolutely no doubt.
    lol you upset children always give me a laugh. It's comical because this your life, this is you haha and you have kids poor things

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Yeah you would have opened your own fuggin bank.
    grease proving again he can't add correctly, moron

open a bank lol must be fun being a simpleminded idiot

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I bought Ethan at 200

$500… I’m a 10 time loser
    I don't even know who that is, this Ethan.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    1. Coinbase has more users than Charles Schwab.
    2. The US accounts for a minority of the bitcoin trade.
    3. You can make bitcoin totally anonymous using TOR and mixers. Then you can meet up in person with others using localbitcoins.
    4. Expedia, Microsoft, Overstock, Egifter, gyft and many other places take bitcoin.
    5. Litecoin is a better version of BTC. It's faster and cheaper. There's less in-fighting. Adding SegWit and Lightning was smooth.
    6. Overstock also accepts ETH and LTC.
    7. There were more ETH transactions than BTC transactions in Nov.
    The Charles Schwab thing is absolutely meaningless. It is something that sounds meaningful but think of how many online brokerages there are compared to US facing crypto exchanges. The assets in brokerages are orders of magnitude larger. Not even a comparison.

What is the breakdown worldwide of users? Am I correct in reading that China banned exchanges.

How many people are technically sophisticated enough to use Tor and Mixers? Not really a large population to prop up the value of bitcoin. Local bitcoins is not a sustainable way to facilitate a global market. Plus the spread kills you.

Like I said, a few more technically sophisticated places take bitcoin. I have yet to see a large uptick in retail taking bitcoin. Didn't overstock start taking bitcoin in like 2014? How many new major retailers have started to take bitcoin since the initial rush?

So, if ETH and LTC are better, wouldn't it make more sense to short bitcoin and buy those?

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Very well said, and makes the point much better than I did in a polite, concise, and cogent way. Also, you used the word deleterious (great word), which I had to look up for its meaning. So I learned a new word today which will now be forever in my linguistic arsenal. I like the thousand year old pattern phrase too. King Edward didn't kick out all the Jews in England in the year 1290 because he was a "racist". Curious to know how history would have played out if Cromwell didn't let them back in and Rothschild never took over The Bank Of England a few generations later. So much human misery could have been avoided over the last 3 centuries.
    Well "cogent" is a new one for me so we both learned something
    Last edited by dlowilly; 11-30-17 at 12:55 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    jjgold was the band leader in talking BTC down
    what else do you expect from a resident paid troll? always talked shit about cryptocurrencies, weed, guns, pussy, etc...

only thing he promoted was glory holes and gay sex, he's a fukking fagggot!!!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    The Charles Schwab thing is absolutely meaningless. It is something that sounds meaningful but think of how many online brokerages there are compared to US facing crypto exchanges. The assets in brokerages are orders of magnitude larger. Not even a comparison.

What is the breakdown worldwide of users? Am I correct in reading that China banned exchanges.

How many people are technically sophisticated enough to use Tor and Mixers? Not really a large population to prop up the value of bitcoin. Local bitcoins is not a sustainable way to facilitate a global market. Plus the spread kills you.

Like I said, a few more technically sophisticated places take bitcoin. I have yet to see a large uptick in retail taking bitcoin. Didn't overstock start taking bitcoin in like 2014? How many new major retailers have started to take bitcoin since the initial rush?

So, if ETH and LTC are better, wouldn't it make more sense to short bitcoin and buy those?
    1. To use TOR, a person just needs to open a TOR browser.
    2. The two largest BTC exchanges by volume are Bitfinex (banned to US customers) and Bithumb (Korea).
    3. Bitcoin is institutionalized. The Chica
    go Mercantile Exchange is offering bitcoin futures in December.

Last edited by raiders72001; 11-30-17 at 12:27 PM.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    If forced to make a guess on the next life changing coin, I'd go with one of these three:

IOTA - New generation technology using Tangle instead of Blockchain.
    ADA - Called the ETH of Japan with strong developers.
    POWR - Australian government $8m grant to develop this project. They also received $34m ICO.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
    Last 24 hours:

IOTA +.26%
    ADA +17.96%
    POWR +20.66%

There may be huge swings both ways. If you do buy these, be prepared for it. These are long term holds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’m just gonna stick to Ether

raiders72001

That's a good choice.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

good call... get into Cardano (ada) if you can snag it anywhere around 8-9 cents

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

FAR from over

raiders72001

Nasdaq Plans to Launch Bitcoin Futures in First Half 2018
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/nasdaq-...018-1511968313

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Nice to see Bitcoin back above 10k

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10862

Now maybe the time to get in

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

the only opportunity being missed here is if you're not in the stock market, that is where the real returns are. Sure if you only have 1000 to your name then go all-in in bitcoin. But if you have real money then no one is going to put any substantial amount in cryptos especially when there is literally a thousand better choices.

BULLSHIT!

Your entire family tree couldn't scrape together 10k much less you with 100k. The lies you tell. Go back to the kids table or under your gay congressman's desk.

TheMoneyShot

Well that was short lived. We're always going to have AUTO SELL OFFS at 10k. It's inevitable.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Well that was short lived. We're always going to have AUTO SELL OFFS at 10k. It's inevitable.
    Good post. Looks like someone is playing games w/ this market. 10k might be the inflection point.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

every time with this one

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Splitting between ether and bitcoin. Hopefully one of them takes off like crazy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

You are never "free" just in the hands of other people that can manipulate the market way faster than the us $.

The original Japanese entity owns like 30% of bitcoins,

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The publics going to start getting in and I think it’s going to take dive

It cannot keep going up

Impossible

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

The publics going to start getting in and I think it’s going to take dive

It cannot keep going up

Impossible
    I read this piece this morning and actually agreed with JJ for once. Don't know about taking a dive, but caused me stop and think the good times might stop sooner rather than later. People just buying because they see the price going up everyday. Don't know or care anything about the technology.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ownin...205456079.html

"Everybody’s talking about bitcoin, and I already own some. I’m not part of the visionary class that bought in when most people had never heard of bitcoin. But if bitcoin exchange-traded funds arrive soon, as expected, and every shoeshine boy starts to buy in, I’ll be way ahead of the dumb money. For maybe the first time ever."

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    I read this piece this morning and actually agreed with JJ for once. Don't know about taking a dive, but caused me stop and think the good times might stop sooner rather than later. People just buying because they see the price going up everyday. Don't know or care anything about the technology.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ownin...205456079.html

"Everybody’s talking about bitcoin, and I already own some. I’m not part of the visionary class that bought in when most people had never heard of bitcoin. But if bitcoin exchange-traded funds arrive soon, as expected, and every shoeshine boy starts to buy in, I’ll be way ahead of the dumb money. For maybe the first time ever."

Isn't the entire point of a stock or a coin increasing in value.... is because of Demand? If people want to get involved.... that would only bump the price up.

Furthermore, takes a lot of balls investing 10k for one coin. Most don't have any.

raiders72001

Bitcoin Futures Are About To Be a Thing and It's Sending Prices Soaring
    http://fortune.com/2017/12/01/bitcoi...-cftc-futures/

First 123