SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Quote Originally Posted by advantageU View Post
    In the example above, does a push round up or down, or do I get one-and-a-half points for USC if it was a three-star bet?

• Pushes will return half of your bet. For example, if USC (-3) wins by 3, and they were a 2* play, you receive 1 star.
    A push returns half the stars used:

4*=2 points
    3*=1.5 points
    2*=1 point
    1*=0.50 point

Spacefrog
    Ain't nobody but me
    Spacefrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm in, if someone lends me 2.5k betpoints.
    Points Awarded:

downsouth gave Spacefrog 2500 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Spacefrog
    Ain't nobody but me
    Spacefrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

2.5 k transfered for one solo spot

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Last spot

no1here

Willing to sell half because I need to renew pro.

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Damn I was about to get in... Is it full now?

SBR Forum

Registration closed!

SBR Forum

Entrant #
    Username
    Score
    Split
    1 Alfa1234 0
    2 LT Profits 0
    3 BarkingToad 0
    4 mike1234 0
    5 ArunSh 0
    6 mpaschal34 0
    7 DGG23 0
    8 Pareto 0
    9 JAKEPEAVY21 0
    10 JAKE/DGG23 0 50/50
    11 GUMMO77 0
    12 aakj 0
    13 daneblazer 0
    14 tradeout 0
    15 deadphish 0
    16 Martinr 0
    17 brooks85 0
    18 pabonaparte 0
    19 Alright Alright/ArunSh 0 50/50
    20 advantageU 0
    21 rob 0
    22 trytrytry 0
    23 downsouth 0
    24 JD426 0
    25 thechaoz 0
    26 yisman 0
    27 iqbet 0
    28 sportsfun 0
    29 playersonly69 0
    30 Chaz22 0
    31 Waterstpub87 0
    32 TheMoneyShot 0
    33 Soxsfan9 0
    34 Junkyard Dog 0
    35 Terrapin Station 0
    36 thetrinity 0
    37 Blacke 0
    38 Noles1992 0
    39 BigDaddy 0
    40 trytrytry/igor_1965 0 50/50
    41 aussiebuckeye 0
    42 d2bets 0
    43 actiondan 0
    44 The Giant 0
    45 toga toga 0
    46 Cookie Monster 0
    47 Chili_Powder 0
    48 sharkbite8 0
    49 seaborneq 0
    50 mintpicks79 0
    51 sportfan 0
    52 milwaukeemike/pabonaparte

0 33.3/63.7
    53 hitman/sportsfun/malik 0 33.3/33.3/33.3
    54 MalikHusam 0
    55 Igor_1965 0
    56 BigDeem5 0
    57 bosigga 0
    58 lolbear 0
    59 mikejamm/chase hardy 0 50/50
    60 LVHerbie 0
    61 chico2663 0
    62 aussiebuckeye/brooks85 0 50/50
    63 Grivas_Digeni 0
    64 kidkonggolf 0
    65 yisman/secretstash 0 60/40
    66 frankzig 0
    67 reck 0
    68 danso 0
    69 Spacefrog 0
    70 no1here 0

dtp

Haha of course it's close 5 min before I was gonna get in Just my luck

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Willing to sell half because I need to renew pro.
    Still willing?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

sorry
    Last edited by chico2663; 11-29-17 at 07:37 AM.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Damn, I was too slow on the draw.

Regardless, thanks for offering the contest, SBR.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i think the solo entries should open on thanksgiving

and then let teams in starting dec 1

no1here

Quote Originally Posted by beavis13 View Post
    Still willing?
    Yes because Pro needs to be renewed by the 20th. Terms are quite open. Could be loan or half investment. Last year was loan for percentage. I failed to cash and repaid within month.

What I need is someone to be there for me if needed. Would like to see how poker goes next couple weeks.

no1here

My entry is "even" half split with beavis13 upon payment of 1250.

dtp

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i think the solo entries should open on thanksgiving

and then let teams in starting dec 1

Yeah man. Some posters get 1.5 entries while so many of us get shut out completely. I mean it filled up like 5 days after they announced this, but the bowl games don't even start for another 3 weeks? Doesn't seem very fair. What's even the point of the team entries? I'm guessing 70 solo entries would fill easily anyway, I guess the rich just get richer.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Quote Originally Posted by dtp View Post
    Yeah man. Some posters get 1.5 entries while so many of us get shut out completely. I mean it filled up like 5 days after they announced this, but the bowl games don't even start for another 3 weeks? Doesn't seem very fair. What's even the point of the team entries? I'm guessing 70 solo entries would fill easily anyway, I guess the rich just get richer.

Really don't understand this - how is it "unfair"? Everyone was notified of the contest at the same time (i.e this post), and everyone had the same opportunity to enter solo/as a team. If you weren't fast enough compared to others, well why is that unfair? I solicited very early for a teammate so I could get my team entry in quickly precisely because I wanted to make sure I did so before it filled up. Again, you and everyone else had the same opportunity to do that.

As for allowing more entries, I would not be opposed to that (assuming of course that they raised the prize fund accordingly, even if this makes the "overlay" less), in some sense could be better since no matter # of entries you have to do quite well to win something so paying down a few extra places would not hurt. But they specified the number of entries ahead of time, and again everyone had the same chance to get in with their solo/team entry before that number was filled so I still fail to see how this was "unfair" to anyone involved.

dtp

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Really don't understand this - how is it "unfair"? Everyone was notified of the contest at the same time (i.e this post), and everyone had the same opportunity to enter solo/as a team. If you weren't fast enough compared to others, well why is that unfair? I solicited very early for a teammate so I could get my team entry in quickly precisely because I wanted to make sure I did so before it filled up. Again, you and everyone else had the same opportunity to do that.

As for allowing more entries, I would not be opposed to that (assuming of course that they raised the prize fund accordingly, even if this makes the "overlay" less), in some sense could be better since no matter # of entries you have to do quite well to win something so paying down a few extra places would not hurt. But they specified the number of entries ahead of time, and again everyone had the same chance to get in with their solo/team entry before that number was filled so I still fail to see how this was "unfair" to anyone involved.
    Eh, it's the principle of the matter. We're all SBR pros just like you guys are. Maybe some people didn't see the post within the 5 days, maybe some people didn't have 2500 betpoints on hand to plunk down right away and had to work things out to get them, whatever the reason it doesn't really matter. The bowl games are still 3 weeks away! What is the point of closing the contest so early???

It's not a coincidence that most of the SBR pros who have 10s of thousands of betpoints stockpiled are the ones who got into this contest, many who now have 1.5 entries.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I wanted to get in but was just a few minutes too late while people like you get to have 1.5 entries....yet we're both SBR pros just the same

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17029

Sometime life is not fair. Then you die.

SBR Forum

Eh, it's the principle of the matter. We're all SBR pros just like you guys are. Maybe some people didn't see the post within the 5 days, maybe some people didn't have 2500 betpoints on hand to plunk down right away and had to work things out to get them, whatever the reason it doesn't really matter. The bowl games are still 3 weeks away! What is the point of closing the contest so early???

It's not a coincidence that most of the SBR pros who have 10s of thousands of betpoints stockpiled are the ones who got into this contest, many who now have 1.5 entries.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I wanted to get in but was just a few minutes too late while people like you get to have 1.5 entries....yet we're both SBR pros just the same
    Good feedback on both sides of the coin. This contest differs from other big SBR Forum competitions like Beat The Prick & The Bag because of the exclusivity with the capped entries, high roller's buy-in, and SBR Pro requirement throughout. It is a built-in part of the format.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

early bird gets the worm

dtp

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Good feedback on both sides of the coin. This contest differs from other big SBR Forum competitions like Beat The Prick & The Bag because of the exclusivity with the capped entries, high roller's buy-in, and SBR Pro requirement throughout. It is a built-in part of the format.

Thanks for the reply SBR and I understand the differences between those contests. So you already know this contest is "exclusive" and limited to 70 entries. Then what is the point of making it even more exclusive, letting each person take up 1.5 entries if they want to?

The high roller buy in is not the problem, as many people including myself are more than willing to spend the 2.5k points to enter, because the prizes are so nice plus bragging rights here too

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Fair enough to a point. That being said, those who are on SBR's site more obviously had more of a chance to see the post earlier, and in some sense any contest of SBR should perhaps cater to those more loyal members - the ones who obviously would be more likely to see the post earlier because they visit the site more often. Sure all of us are pros, but that doesn't mean every pro makes the same overall contribution to the site.

That also goes to your point but some people not having the 2500 points on hand - those who did, like myself, most generally do because we participate in poker + other contests more than the average member, as such we contribute to the site more than probably the average pro. Again, if that helps folks like me in making sure we get to enter this contest compared to others, is that really unfair?

Obviously it's easy for me to say since I'm on the "good" end of this situation, but when you say how people like me get to have 1.5 entries while folks like you got 0, it's not like I didn't pay for my entries - they obviously weren't gifted to me. And the way I paid for my entries was due in major part to the large amount of time I invest in playing the poker dailies (which is why I've always had 1.5 entries every recent year in this contest) - it's not like I didn't "work" to get the points needed to enter. If I'm willing to make that kind of time investment when others are not, is it unreasonable for that to give me a leg up in regards to getting into this contest vs those who do not?

JAKEPEAVY21

Thanks for the reply SBR and I understand the differences between those contests. So you already know this contest is "exclusive" and limited to 70 entries. Then what is the point of making it even more exclusive, letting each person take up 1.5 entries if they want to?

The high roller buy in is not the problem, as many people including myself are more than willing to spend the 2.5k points to enter, because the prizes are so nice plus bragging rights here too
    I don't think many of us would object to allowing additional entries as has been done in past years.

more posters allowed entry with the extra points added to the pool is a win-win for everyone, no?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I don't think many of us would object to allowing additional entries as has been done in past years.

more posters allowed entry with the extra points added to the pool is a win-win for everyone, no?

Well it of course depends how many extra points are added. If they take say ten more entries (which is what I think they have done in the past) and add 25000 points to the pool - the exact extra entry fee they take in, that's really not a win-win for those who entered. This contest has a huge overlay in terms of prizes vs entries so dividing that same overlay amongst 80 people rather than 70 obviously is a bit worse for those in the original 70.

Not to say that I'm opposed to SBR allowing more - even if it slightly hurts everyone's chances of winning, not a big deal imo, and not like it adversely affects anyone too much (but as I said, I don't see it as a win/win - only way it could be that is if they increase the prize pool by more than the extra points they take in as entry fees). Just generally though people like dtp, if they really want to enter is too bad if they don't get to when they can afford it. I know for me, it really makes the bowl season quite a bit more exciting, the less important bowls gives you some nice rooting interest and so forth (at least the early part, before I get eliminated quickly as I almost always do haha) - that is one big reason I always try to have two entrants into the contest, makes an exciting part of the year even more so. Would be too bad to have to miss out on it so I wouldn't mind people like dtp being given a chance to enter if they really want to (as I know I would if I had missed out somehow).

JAKEPEAVY21

Well it of course depends how many extra points are added. If they take say ten more entries (which is what I think they have done in the past) and add 25000 points to the pool - the exact extra entry fee they take in, that's really not a win-win for those who entered. This contest has a huge overlay in terms of prizes vs entries so dividing that same overlay amongst 80 people rather than 70 obviously is a bit worse for those in the original 70.

Not to say that I'm opposed to SBR allowing more - even if it slightly hurts everyone's chances of winning, not a big deal imo, and not like it adversely affects anyone too much (but as I said, I don't see it as a win/win - only way it could be that is if they increase the prize pool by more than the extra points they take in as entry fees). Just generally though people like dtp, if they really want to enter is too bad if they don't get to when they can afford it. I know for me, it really makes the bowl season quite a bit more exciting, the less important bowls gives you some nice rooting interest and so forth (at least the early part, before I get eliminated quickly as I almost always do haha) - that is one big reason I always try to have two entrants into the contest, makes an exciting part of the year even more so. Would be too bad to have to miss out on it so I wouldn't mind people like dtp being given a chance to enter if they really want to (as I know I would if I had missed out somehow).
    yes, it slightly reduces chances of winning a cash prize but could potentially increase your prize in betpoints. I'm cool with it as long as all the extra points are added to the prizepool(which has been done in the past).

dtp

Fair enough to a point. That being said, those who are on SBR's site more obviously had more of a chance to see the post earlier, and in some sense any contest of SBR should perhaps cater to those more loyal members - the ones who obviously would be more likely to see the post earlier because they visit the site more often. Sure all of us are pros, but that doesn't mean every pro makes the same overall contribution to the site.

That also goes to your point but some people not having the 2500 points on hand - those who did, like myself, most generally do because we participate in poker + other contests more than the average member, as such we contribute to the site more than probably the average pro. Again, if that helps folks like me in making sure we get to enter this contest compared to others, is that really unfair?

Obviously it's easy for me to say since I'm on the "good" end of this situation, but when you say how people like me get to have 1.5 entries while folks like you got 0, it's not like I didn't pay for my entries - they obviously weren't gifted to me. And the way I paid for my entries was due in major part to the large amount of time I invest in playing the poker dailies (which is why I've always had 1.5 entries every recent year in this contest) - it's not like I didn't "work" to get the points needed to enter. If I'm willing to make that kind of time investment when others are not, is it unreasonable for that to give me a leg up in regards to getting into this contest vs those who do not?

Hey Arunsh, I do appreciate you seeing my side in this and being willing to compromise if possible.

However, you talk about how just because you have points on hand and visit the site more often means that you contribute to the site more. That's simply not true. Yes, you have more betpoints because you are a better gambler or loan points, or save them better. It doesn't mean you contribute to the site more. In fact, you have like half the number of posts as I do and you have been a member for 2 years longer. And I don't even post much at all. That says a lot about what you're here for. All business. I even remember back in the day where we had to make 1 post per day in order to receive the daily points lol

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

doesn't seem likely, but does anyone want to sell half and let me make the picks?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Hey Arunsh, I do appreciate you seeing my side in this and being willing to compromise if possible.

However, you talk about how just because you have points on hand and visit the site more often means that you contribute to the site more. That's simply not true. Yes, you have more betpoints because you are a better gambler or loan points, or save them better. It doesn't mean you contribute to the site more. In fact, you have like half the number of posts as I do and you have been a member for 2 years longer. And I don't even post much at all. That says a lot about what you're here for. All business. I even remember back in the day where we had to make 1 post per day in order to receive the daily points lol

Yes you are correct, but I think you somewhat misunderstood my point. I was not saying/implying that I contribute more than you - was NOT using myself or you as an example, I was talking about on average. On average someone who visits the site more and has more points overall does contribute more to the site.

While this might not be the case in our particular circumstance, it certainly is more true than not on average. So if SBR designs something which is more favorable to the, on average, higher contributors, well that does not seem unreasonable to me.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

In past years... I remember a few posters being involved with 3 teams. I like the new rule of one solo team and one half team. Seems reasonable and fair.

As for the first 70 entries... what more could SBR of done?

If they advertised earlier.... they could of picked a select date to start honoring entires... probably would of filled up within 24 hours? Who knows?

I honestly didn't see it for the first few hours being logged in... I just wasn't paying attention. But, you should always have extra betpoints for contests etc. If you're a Pro... and been here for a few years... how could you forget all of this? You tend to know all the promotions/contests involved.

Not really SBR's fault. But, I tend to agree with the posters who said... they wouldn't mind extending the entry limit... as long as the prize pool didn't decrease. It wouldn't be fair to the posters who already paid in points... expecting a set prize pool.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

could have got the.pts yesterday but.was too late

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    In past years... I remember a few posters being involved with 3 teams. I like the new rule of one solo team and one half team. Seems reasonable and fair.

As for the first 70 entries... what more could SBR of done?

If they advertised earlier.... they could of picked a select date to start honoring entires... probably would of filled up within 24 hours? Who knows?

I honestly didn't see it for the first few hours being logged in... I just wasn't paying attention. But, you should always have extra betpoints for contests etc. If you're a Pro... and been here for a few years... how could you forget all of this? You tend to know all the promotions/contests involved.

Not really SBR's fault. But, I tend to agree with the posters who said... they wouldn't mind extending the entry limit... as long as the prize pool didn't decrease. It wouldn't be fair to the posters who already paid in points... expecting a set prize pool.

Exactly! In past years, you'd have guys on 4 or 5 teams, because they had the points to do so, limiting other Pros from getting in. The new rule works great of one solo and one team entry. You just gotta be able to hustle up the points and quickly if you wanna get in, because it does fill up fast.

I'm also in favor of raising the entry limit, but not by much, maybe 10 more to make it 80, and pay out the top 10.

Based on the prize structure and difficulty of this contest, it should pay out the top 10, even with 70 entries.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Leave the broke hoes out

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I blame nobody but myself for missing the cut. But I think sbr usually does add some spots aftwr the fact, no?

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Hopefully, they add a week or two to the Beat the Bag contest. Would it not be great if I had just a little more time to catch up to the leaders?

First 12345 Last