Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Plenty of all stars have shot around 50% at the line. You don't legitimately think that he will end the season at 50% do you?
    Maybe Big guys like Shaq who were in there just to rebound and muscle the opponents around. Free throws should be a vital part in any player's skill set. If you can't make 7(or at least 6) out of 10 Free throws, you shouldn't be playing professional basketball.

I don't understand how you can shoot(or try to shoot) the 3 ball multiple times in a game and not be able to make a freaking foul shot.

As far as I know, Shaq never attempted a 3.
    Last edited by Kermit; 11-22-17 at 12:51 AM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't know how someone can shoot under 50% at the free throw line and play professional basketball.
    Do you remember anyone having to go through what he's gone through as far as outside stuff like his dad. He's the exact opposite and probably internalizes quite a bit of stuff, seems pretty humble. Why wouldnt all that's has been going on around him for quite some time now not affect his game in some way, that would seem normal.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

T.Hardaway Jr once said he has confidence issues because of the pressure his NBA dad put on him. He must look over at the Balls and realise he had it easy. Gotta be hard having an infant dad.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well they won

Bad shooting but everything else good

IBetYou

Speaking of distractions..
    It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man’s version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think..

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

i made my own prop on dimes "bt builder" (i dont watch nba besides maybe playoffs 2-3 games a year) but heard Ball cant shoot the rock at all.....i made a prop he scores 21 or more odds were +1231....LOL I just put $5 on it because i was bored...LOL....didnt look long enough, but could be fun if most sports u can build ur own props on players

never used that 5dimes prop builder where u make ur own O/U on any stat on looked like almost any relevany player on teams is pretty damn fun actually...may try it again, if they offer it for football games too..again with the NASCAR SEASON ENDING LAT WEEKEND, i am ALWAYS USUALLY A low-risk JIGH-reward gambler for almost everything, as I only bet nascar with big $ on the line...because its all im good at....but i have had success in past years with longshot props so gonna try something again soon....besids this, really only play underdog parlays and Pleasers til racing starts up again...have had success with NFL 6-pt pleasers this year, won 2 of 7, sounds bad but they pay +1700 so want bad...again, not high risk on it just like $20 but thats still pretty good/lucky....

anyways any thoughts on this make ur on props at dimes experiences or tips let me know....

thanks,

Mike

jjgold

Take away shooting he is playing pretty well probably better than most assists and rebounds

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Lonzo sucks.. I'd bench him, let him develop in practice and not in games.. He can't shoot with that funky set shot of his..He just throws up brick after brick.. Gets bullied and exposed on defense as well..

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Will Lonzo even be end up any better than Ricky Rubio?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Bench Lonzo?

Some dim basketball minds in this thread

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Yeah his rebounding stats are inflated. Stats show that if he doesn't get those rebound, good chance his teammates does. You defensively rebound most misses, assuming Lonzo is grabbing defensive boards. But all those shots he's missing, those are shots that other teammates can make at a higher percentage. When I look at Lonzo's stats, I try to ignore the rebounding and focus on points, FG% and assists.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohnson View Post
    i mean his shot can only get better Rondo has played a lot of years in the league doing those 2 things couldnt shoot for shit.
    Just because someone else's offense improved dramatically doesn't mean Lonzo's will. Plenty of guys out there waiting for the shot Lonzo has right now.

jjgold

Lakers very competitive

All you need to know

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

if lonzo can score 10 a night along with his ability on the glass coupled with his passing ability and bringing good energy because if your open he will find you players love playing with those players lonzo aint going no where lol relax its been 2 weeks kids already got 2 triple doubles he will be fine and im not a laker or ball fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Just because someone else's offense improved dramatically doesn't mean Lonzo's will. Plenty of guys out there waiting for the shot Lonzo has right now.

jtoler

Wrong thing to do would be to bench him you want him playing as much as possible because the Lakers arnt going anywhere anyway and he's the number 2 pick overall. It'd be silly to bench you want him to learn as much as he can on a team that will more than likely not make the playoffs anyway. Averaging like 9,7, and 7. Those are good numbers despite the horrible shooting, the shooting can only get better as he gets more comfortable, the off court noise surely doesnt help.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

True Laker season is going no where.. Maybe you should play him and try to lose games to pick up ping pong balls for the draft.. I guess that's another way to look at it.. Give Zo a year to see if can develop a shot and not turn over the ball..

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Agree because lets face it doubt Clarkson is the asnwer hes not a true PG over his short career hes not even avg 3 assist per or 3 rebounds per game Lonzo is the def of a true PG not a scoring PG give him at least a year on the shot. because if he can get just a good shot not great hes gonna be a solid PG for awhile and the turnovers there expected hes playing with a super young team and playing the toughest position in NBA with a big red target on his back, that will die down eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    True Laker season is going no where.. Maybe you should play him and try to lose games to pick up ping pong balls for the draft.. I guess that's another way to look at it.. Give Zo a year to see if can develop a shot and not turn over the ball..

KRIT

I don't care about triple doubles or if he averages 10 rebounds, if you can't score in the NBA and shoot above 40% you won't stay in the league.

Andre Roberson is a great defender but can't shoot, do we talk about him as some great player? Lonzo right now is basically Roberson, except for defense he excels in passing the ball.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I don't care about triple doubles or if he averages 10 rebounds, if you can't score in the NBA and shoot above 40% you won't stay in the league.

Andre Roberson is a great defender but can't shoot, do we talk about him as some great player? Lonzo right now is basically Roberson, except for defense he excels in passing the ball.
    18 games, it will get better, he shot too well in college for it not to. He could improve on shot selection also.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Ask Rondo how that worked out

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

With how good he is passing and rebounding and energy and hes turnovers will obv cut down just nature of the beast he plays PG in the NBA hardest position to play and he got way more people coming at him hard then most rookies if he can avg 10 points a game with how good the rest of his game is thats all he needs they didnt draft him to be there leading scorer..And the good thing is you can always work on your shot always if he can get a shot and draw the defense out to him thats going to make the other parts of his game that are already pretty good even that much better.

ken10
    ken10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Rondo was one of the best defenders at the guard position in the last decade

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Some people well never get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken10 View Post
    Rondo was one of the best defenders at the guard position in the last decade

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

He's a guard shooting 50% from FT line and 20% from 3pt range. He's not a bad passer and he's scrappy, he hustles a lot on defense but he is a bit slow for a guard who absolutely cant put the ball into the net

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    He's a guard shooting 50% from FT line and 20% from 3pt range. He's not a bad passer and he's scrappy, he hustles a lot on defense but he is a bit slow for a guard who absolutely cant put the ball into the net
    See: Michael Carter Williams.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    See: Michael Carter Williams.
    16.7, 6, 6 with 41% FG, 70% FT and 26.5% 3pt on his rookie season. Lonzo is not even close to shooting or scoring that.

KRIT

Rondo shot much better than Lonzo. Right now Lonzo is shooting 30% FG's, under 50% from the line and 23% from 3's.

You can pad stats on rebounding and points, but one thing you can't is shooting percentages.

Guys with at least 200 field goal attempts, Lonzo is by far last in FG% at 30%. Next guy I think is the rookie Mitchell from Utah at 38%.
    Last edited by KRIT; 11-22-17 at 02:53 PM.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Rondo did no shoot wat better then lonzo thats a joke right? the kid played 18 games! my god people pump the brakes Rondo played 13 years in the nba is avg is 46 percent for the field avg 30 % from 3 point range and 60% from the line those are career numbers so lets no go that far and say rondo is some kinda shooter cause hes not hes terrible terrible form everything.

KRIT

I'm not calling Ball a bust. I'm just saying he is playing close to a starting caliber NBA PG right now. Can he improve? Of course. Just calling it how it is.

But if he doesn't improve his shooting percentage in the next year or two, he won't last long in the NBA. You can't shoot near 30% from the field and near 20% from 3's and last in the NBA. That is the equivalent to a guy hitting sub .200 in baseball.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

like i said its 18 games lol hes gonna get better he cant get worse
    I'm not calling Ball a bust. I'm just saying he is playing close to a starting caliber NBA PG right now. Can he improve? Of course. Just calling it how it is.

But if he doesn't improve his shooting percentage in the next year or two, he won't last long in the NBA. You can't shoot near 30% from the field and near 20% from 3's and last in the NBA. That is the equivalent to a guy hitting sub .200 in baseball.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    16.7, 6, 6 with 41% FG, 70% FT and 26.5% 3pt on his rookie season. Lonzo is not even close to shooting or scoring that.
    Yeah, and look where MCW is now.

I wasn't talking about comparing rookie numbers. I'm just talking style of game. Point guard with size, can put up big assist numbers and rebounds, but can't really shoot a lick. I assume Ball will actually end up a bit better than MCW, but we'll see. He was not worth the #2 pick.

IBetYou

Thing about MCW is he was 22yo when he got drafted -that's quite old for a lottery pick, and it's a big advantage for a pg. Ball drafted at 20yo. In other words however well he does his rookie year you can expect a leap -a leap you did not see from MCW...

IBetYou

Ball reminds me more of S.Livingston with his size.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!

Livingston is the most under rated player in basketball period the man is solid night in night out he would be a starter anywhere else now and a very productive one if he didnt play for GSW. And yea everything but shoot livingston got a smooth J
    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Ball reminds me more of S.Livingston with his size.

jtoler

18 games, my oh my. I guess might as well get it in now before he gets really good then wont hear a peep from anyone, thats how it goes around here. Do you realize how many future hofers shot poorly their rookie seasons let alone 18 games. Cmon, enough of this crap and Lonzo takes bad shots sometimes and mostly 3's so comparing Rondo to him is absurd. Rondo's entire career has been based on shots mostly in the paint.

First 123 Last