bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    One of the best coaches in America? What has he won in the college ranks? NOTHING!!!
    So who's a better coach than him right now? Give me a list of names so I can get a laugh.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    This is a cliche when rebuilding. There was no rebuild, they just haven't had the expected results.
    No rebuild? Do you know how bad Michigan was under Brady doesn't wear a headset Hoke? The only good year he had was his first year and that was because he rode Rich Rod's recruits; especially Denard Robinson. Expected results? Most Michigan fans weren't expected much of anything these last years except for last year. The only retards who were expecting more were the PaulFinedorks of the world.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7277

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    So who's a better coach than him right now? Give me a list of names so I can get a laugh.
    Agree. He is a top 10 coach.
    1. Saban 2. Meyer 3. Dabo 4. Jimbo 5. Peterson 6. Richt 7. Harbaugh.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is terrible

Going to lose again this week

This is ND type program now, he is not getting the top recruits..why??

Not a good recruiter

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    He really needs a signature win. Eliminating Ohio st from their slim playoff hope would be that.
    I think he is a good coach but his personality would get old pretty fast if you aren’t winning. His schemes translate well to the pro game so the school should have a lot of kids drafted.
    Should be a great down to the wire game.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Going to lose again this week
    You said one correct thing. JT Barret doesn't even have to have a great game and they'll still win. Fckin hate OSU. They have fckin completely owned Michigan of late winning last last 13 out of 15 years. So fckin painful.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Agree. He is a top 10 coach.
    1. Saban 2. Meyer 3. Dabo 4. Jimbo 5. Peterson 6. Richt 7. Harbaugh.
    Peterson and Richt really? Mark Richt is not a better coach and honestly saying Saban is the best college football coach is like saying Phil Jackson is the best NBA coach of all time. It's easy to say that when you have the best players all the time. What did Nick Saban do at Michigan St? Basically nothing. He had one good year there and even though Mich St has never been good like they are now in a while they still have a much better history than Stanford.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 11-22-17 at 03:09 PM.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Saban definitely blessed with talent but has done it at 2 places. Hard to stay on top that long with virtually no drop off no matter how much talent you have.

Stanford comparison is not valid because the PAC 10, 12 is and always has been a joke other than an occasional USC team.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

How would Harbaugh know if he has a good qb? He coaches not to lose.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tmb543

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

What I don't get is why his quarterbacks are so terrible. Is this really the best he can get? Or ok if these guys are just terrible recruits, why can't he coach them up to be better? He was an NFL QB and there's really nothing he can do to help these guys? Week after week, O'Kourn and Peters play like complete garbage and I never see any signs of improvements

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    What I don't get is why his quarterbacks are so terrible. Is this really the best he can get? Or ok if these guys are just terrible recruits, why can't he coach them up to be better? He was an NFL QB and there's really nothing he can do to help these guys? Week after week, O'Kourn and Peters play like complete garbage and I never see any signs of improvements
    Could be a variety of different things. Harbaugh was hoping Speights would be back for this game... and the backups could just hold the fort until then... but that didn't go as planned.

All 3 know how to run the system.... it's not like they are blind coming in. I think the line for Ohio State is way too high. Michigan backups are due to get hot... especially playing at Home.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    that win with stanford at USC as 43 pt underdogs was crazy

i wonder what the ML was that game like +50000?
    I'm pretty sure no m/l was offered. Especially not if you play with those pussies at Bookmaker.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Peters? There isn't much of a sample size to say there hasn't been signs of improvements. He has 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, what do you want from a first-year player who came off the bench.

Between him and Dylan McCaffrey, they'll be fine at quarterback soon.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

No rebuild? Do you know how bad Michigan was under Brady doesn't wear a headset Hoke? The only good year he had was his first year and that was because he rode Rich Rod's recruits; especially Denard Robinson. Expected results? Most Michigan fans weren't expected much of anything these last years except for last year. The only retards who were expecting more were the PaulFinedorks of the world.
    Yes I know all and through objective eyes. Hoke was a terrible coach but great recruiter. Talent was never the issue. JH walked into a fully stocked cupboard and kept stocking it with 5* recruits.

UM expected the moon last year, what are you talking about? They were the most experienced team in the country last year. This year the talk was how much PT the D got last year so there won't be much of a fall off. They were also 2nd fav odds wise to win the big so I guess it wasn't just one guy.

Everything is the opposite of what you say and think.
    Last edited by reigle9; 11-23-17 at 05:21 AM.

reigle9

Peterson and Richt really? Mark Richt is not a better coach and honestly saying Saban is the best college football coach is like saying Phil Jackson is the best NBA coach of all time. It's easy to say that when you have the best players all the time. What did Nick Saban do at Michigan St? Basically nothing. He had one good year there and even though Mich St has never been good like they are now in a while they still have a much better history than Stanford.
    Lol oh

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Peters? There isn't much of a sample size to say there hasn't been signs of improvements. He has 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions, what do you want from a first-year player who came off the bench.

Between him and Dylan McCaffrey, they'll be fine at quarterback soon.
    Peter's was the 2nd coming in the preseason. McCafferey has work to do before he plays.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Saban definitely blessed with talent but has done it at 2 places. Hard to stay on top that long with virtually no drop off no matter how much talent you have.

Stanford comparison is not valid because the PAC 10, 12 is and always has been a joke other than an occasional USC team.
    The talent is there because he got to the level to get the talent. He's on auto pilot now but he's earned it.

jjgold

They have nothing coming up either Mich program in trouble

reigle9

Btw, big UM fan this weekend. I think they can pull the upset at home.

jjgold

They have to win meaning Mich to save program and get decent bowl

If not buried playing a team like Army

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

They are scared to make a mistake. He doesn't coach them up.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes I know all and through objective eyes. Hoke was a terrible coach but great recruiter. Talent was never the issue. JH walked into a fully stocked cupboard and kept stocking it with 5* recruits.

UM expected the moon last year, what are you talking about? They were the most experienced team in the country last year. This year the talk was how much PT the D got last year so there won't be much of a fall off. They were also 2nd fav odds wise to win the big so I guess it wasn't just one guy.

Everything is the opposite of what you say and think.
    Everything I said was true and hardly anything you just said just now is true. Michigan hardly has any 5 * players on their team right now. Most of their players are 4 * star guys. I never said, that Michigan wasn't expecting much last year. Go back and read again.

The talk going into the season was how young they were and no one was expecting much out of Michigan. It wasn't until they beat Florida early in the season and everyone got a chance to see how fast their defense was that people started mentioning how some of these guys actually played last year on the D.

The truth is, only 3 guys currently on Michigan's defense played on a regular basis last year and only one of those guys even started on last year's defense. Michigan was a much deeper team last year especially on their defensive line where they rotated 8-10 guys. This year, Michigan's starting line hardly even comes off the field. Rashan Gary, whom I'm sure you know who he is, didn't even really play that much last year because of how much depth they had at that position.

LOL, Michigan wasn't the 2nd fav odds wise to win the big 10. They were ranked 4th behind OSU, Penn St, and Wisconsin. I'm not sure where you get your information from.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 11-23-17 at 10:20 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

The talent is there because he got to the level to get the talent. He's on auto pilot now but he's earned it.
    Wrong. Saban gets the talent he gets because the best players come from that part of the country and Alabama has and was one of the best football programs in the country long before Saban got there. Why do you think Saban even left LSU to go to Alabama in the first place when he just won a national title with them?

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe if someone spikes their water. OSU offense too talented and if Michigan can't run it they can't move the ball well enough. Michigan has two backs banged up right now.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7277

Penn State fan rooting for Michigan? Yuk. Michigan blows and no one ever wants Harbaugh to win. He is just too weird to root for.

reigle9

I'm an adult and cheer for my futures bets. Idc about what jersey they wear like a 12yo.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

Yeah he is a real "idiot". Only one of the best football coaches in America. Michigan was never going to be that good this year if you look at their recruiting.
    It would be generous to put Harbaugh in the top-25 of NCAA coaches. A huge part of coaching is recruiting. Harbaugh did well with someone else's players, but Michigan is getting worse since his first year. That's not how it is supposed to go.

BriGuy

Wrong. Saban gets the talent he gets because the best players come from that part of the country and Alabama has and was one of the best football programs in the country long before Saban got there. Why do you think Saban even left LSU to go to Alabama in the first place when he just won a national title with them?
    You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not, however, entitled to your own facts:

1) Saban left LSU to go to the NFL. He failed in Miami, and then went to Alabama.
    2) Alabama was a mediocre team prior to Saban's arrival. They were 26-24 under the prior head coach, Mike Shula. They were 74-55 in the full 10 year span prior to Saban's arrival. (And that gives them credit for all their vacated wins.... technically, the record is considerably worse)

BriGuy

Peterson and Richt really? Mark Richt is not a better coach and honestly saying Saban is the best college football coach is like saying Phil Jackson is the best NBA coach of all time. It's easy to say that when you have the best players all the time.
    LOL!!! Recruiting is a HUGE part of coaching at the college level. If you say Saban has the best players, then you're saying he is the best recruiter, and if you're the best recruiter then you're the best coach.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

^^^^^
    Thanks for putting an end to this ridiculous thread

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    It would be generous to put Harbaugh in the top-25 of NCAA coaches. A huge part of coaching is recruiting. Harbaugh did well with someone else's players, but Michigan is getting worse since his first year. That's not how it is supposed to go.
    You should be banned from posting in player's talk for saying something so asinine. Yeah he did well with someone else's players. The former coach had a losing record with most of the same player's the previous year. You don't even watch Michigan games and your dumb ass is going to come in here and say their worse than when he got to Ann Arbor. lol my god your dumb.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not, however, entitled to your own facts:

1) Saban left LSU to go to the NFL. He failed in Miami, and then went to Alabama.
    2) Alabama was a mediocre team prior to Saban's arrival. They were 26-24 under the prior head coach, Mike Shula. They were 74-55 in the full 10 year span prior to Saban's arrival. (And that gives them credit for all their vacated wins.... technically, the record is considerably worse)
    O gee, what was that you said? The great Nick Saban failed in the NFL? Hmm I wonder why that is? Could it be that he is not that good and only average when playing on an even playing field with other teams?

Alabama has been historically great. Anyone denying that is a tard and needs to ride the short bus.

BriGuy

You should be banned from posting in player's talk for saying something so asinine. Yeah he did well with someone else's players. The former coach had a losing record with most of the same player's the previous year. You don't even watch Michigan games and your dumb ass is going to come in here and say their worse than when he got to Ann Arbor. lol my god your dumb.
    LOL!! whatsa matter? Truth hurt?

BTW, I didn't say they are worse with Harbaugh than before he arrived. The fact that you have to invent something I never said proves you can't respond to what I *did* say. Harbaugh is a mediocre college head coach. Not even in the top-25 of HC's in the NCAA. 8-3 at Michigan is not considered successful.

BriGuy

O gee, what was that you said? The great Nick Saban failed in the NFL? Hmm I wonder why that is? Could it be that he is not that good and only average when playing on an even playing field with other teams?
    Being good in college does not translate to being good in the NFL. Some coaches made the transition successfully and others failed. Saban failed.

We are not talking about the best coaches in the NFL, are we? We are talking about the best coaches in college. I don't even like Alabama, but I'll take Saban over any of 'em.
    Alabama has been historically great. Anyone denying that is a tard and needs to ride the short bus.
    Hey moron, I didn't say they weren't historically great. Lern2read you fukin idiot. I gave accurate statistics about how mediocre they were in the 10 years before Saban got there. Stop being so butthurt over facts and stats.

BriGuy

You so fukin retarded you didn't even know Saban went to the NFL after LSU. You're making a jackass of yourself. Keep it up, moron.

First 1234 Last