JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Has anybody heard about World Financial Group????

Who are they?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Stay away.

Minnesota company founded by H Humphrey. Points, fees, origination, etc.

Glorified Edward Jones

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

An MLM on top of that.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Who are they?
    know a guy who has been in it for 3-4 years now - big plans - he even has a real team of workers under him in the MLM system - his wife and sister pay the mortgage...

Ralphie Halves

And not to be cynical -- I root for people to win, even in an MLM which is really hard to do, but this company also grew to prominence in a really great economy. Places like this are often the first to fall when things crash.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Ralphie spot on....an MLM for healthcare

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    An MLM on top of that.
    What's MLM?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Pyramid.

Think herbalife....commissions and fees trickle up.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

What's MLM?
    Multi level marketing....pyramid scheme...

think amway

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    know a guy who has been in it for 3-4 years now - big plans - he even has a real team of workers under him in the MLM system - his wife and sister pay the mortgage...
    Is he still doing this?

So since it's a pyramid, the guy at the top makes money while the guys at the bottom work hard recruiting hamburgers?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Stay away.

Minnesota company founded by H Humphrey. Points, fees, origination, etc.

Glorified Edward Jones

No. Ed Jones is waaaaay more legit than this garbage ass firm.

More like a jack leg primerica.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Stay the fukk away mobile....bottom line

Ralphie Halves

MLMs can be okay, it's just really hard. Amway and Mary Kay been going strong for decades.

Pyramid schemes, by definition, are when it's insolvent at the bottom -- meaning only the people at the very top have a chance to make money. We still don't really know about Herbalife. There's a good movie on Netflix called Betting on Zero that talks about the guy shorting it, and how Carl Icahn came in MF'ed him on it just because he doesn't like him, and made Herbalife's stock went way up.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

MLM doesn't = pyramid. Ralphie nailed it. Pyramid only makes money by signing nEw members. MLM can actually be really good for both consumer and seller. Wife does an MLM. Was against it at first as well but more I learned the more it made sense.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10790

T mobile

Saloon

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    MLM doesn't = pyramid. Ralphie nailed it. Pyramid only makes money by signing nEw members. MLM can actually be really good for both consumer and seller. Wife does an MLM. Was against it at first as well but more I learned the more it made sense.
    How long did it took your wife to make some money?

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10790

Saloon X 2

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

same as , dare to be great... .. jump in ..gl

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Not all multilevel or direct marketing is a pyramid scheme. There are great companies out there that pay very well to market their product and build a team.

Also contrary to something said in this thread, income streams from some of these sources can be immune to recessions and economic downfall. It's the nature of the business and one of the many perks.

If anyone is considering starting their own business, a direct marketing approach from a good company can be the best option out there, in this day and age, when you consider the pros and cons of starting your own business.

That said I know nothing about World Financial Group or their strategies and market.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Why don't these team leaders just say straight up that they are building a team and someday we can make six figures.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Also contrary to something said in this thread, income streams from some of these sources can be immune to recessions and economic downfall. It's the nature of the business and one of the many perks.

That was me who said it. And what I meant by it, is when you have MLM companies that sell financial products and such, it's a lot easier to fall apart during downturns that it would be if you were an Edward Jones for example (who laid off zero people during two recessions! Still pretty amazing. I don't like them [worked for them long ago] but impressive). Their products typically aren't as strong, some are totally flawed, and their reps aren't as good at retaining customers in bad times.

Amway and the like will survive a nuclear holocaust, I'm convinced.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Ralphie Halves 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ralphie Halves

Why don't these team leaders just say straight up that they are building a team and someday we can make six figures.
    Gotta be really careful when you throw numbers like that out there. Even if you're being general. I got approached by PriMerica and Advocare (twice), and they never promised shit when it came to actual dollars. Risk management I'd guess.

bozeman

Is he still doing this?

So since it's a pyramid, the guy at the top makes money while the guys at the bottom work hard recruiting hamburgers?
    yes he is to the best of my knowledge - his wife still pays the mortgage and his sister doing regular - 8-5 jobs. Why? cause makes 20 bucks off and average insurance sales and some percentage off his other insurances - they are big on selling you the dream and showcasing their multimillionaires at the top. But reality is - him - a something manager(3rd level I think as I said has a team of I donno 10-20-30 people under him - still makes at most a minimum wage through this - spending ALL day trying to sign up people or sell some products.

He mainly makes a big buck if he finds a rich customer willing to sign a contract for investment into WFG. Well problem with that is rich people either have an idea where to invest better or they are too suspicious a broke ass consultant with a cheap rental office is capable of helping them to do so.

So yeah as someone said In this thread - people up top make money - everyone else hussles for nothing

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    yes he is to the best of my knowledge - his wife still pays the mortgage and his sister doing regular - 8-5 jobs. Why? cause makes 20 bucks off and average insurance sales and some percentage off his other insurances - they are big on selling you the dream and showcasing their multimillionaires at the top. But reality is - him - a something manager(3rd level I think as I said has a team of I donno 10-20-30 people under him - still makes at most a minimum wage through this - spending ALL day trying to sign up people or sell some products.

He mainly makes a big buck if he finds a rich customer willing to sign a contract for investment into WFG. Well problem with that is rich people either have an idea where to invest better or they are too suspicious a broke ass consultant with a cheap rental office is capable of helping them to do so.

So yeah as someone said In this thread - people up top make money - everyone else hussles for nothing
    I'm trying to clear up the "wife pays mortgage" thing. So the wife has a regular job while that guy is trying to reach his goal of what he was told he would get when he signed up for this gig?

bozeman

you got it Jmobile!! His wife was a accountant or a clerk for an oil company on an hourly payroll - now as far as i know she does the same only for some other business and a smaller paycheck - she is an awesome companion and says she supports him in all his beginnings, even when I tried to convince her to cut him off financially and make pay his share of the bill!

dude was hitting on my wife - thats why all 3 of us penetrating hate him, old pervert.

dude has had occational success with WFG - such as a 20000 dollar gain through some big investment contract he signed once - according to his words, but since that was the only financial brag I have heard from him throughout all conversations we ve had as he tried to pull me into this organization - I assume that was the only big paycheck he has ever got in all years of doing WFG.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

no clue

but i am ready to bet ML on the dog

THANKS