The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Imagine if you have an eight game playoff, and then Auburn and Alabama play in the Iron Bowl with both teams undefeated.

There would be zero incentive to win.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Imagine if you have an eight game playoff, and then Auburn and Alabama play in the Iron Bowl with both teams undefeated.

Then they should make the first round on the higher seed's home field, that would be great incentive to win. Keep 2nd round and championship game as it is now of course on neutral field. That would still be too much of an advantage though, but if you dont win your conference championship and still make 8 team playoffs then youll just have a lower seed and youll have to theoretically play tougher schools. 8-1, 7-2, 6-3 and so on.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No incentive to win in that situation with a four team playoff as it is. The loser gets in the majority of the time anyway, and screws some other team that has to play a Championship game.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I agree with both you guys, I would rather see an eight game playoff. I was just trying to think of a reason why the committee wouldn't want it. Part of the reason has to be keeping every week of the regular season as important as possible.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8985

No incentive to win? People get shot in Alabama over the Iron Bowl. This is life and death.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I agree with both you guys, I would rather see an eight game playoff. I was just trying to think of a reason why the committee wouldn't want it. Part of the reason has to be keeping every week of the regular season as important as possible.
    Those in charge will certainly do what is best for them. The bowl game sites come into play as well, unfortunately. So, we probably have a four team playoff for the foreseeable future. The big names can lose one, and be fine. Miami fans don't show up enough for them to get that leeway. Lose to Clemson, and Auburn will somehow be ahead of them if they win out.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    No way a 2 loss auburn can be ahead of a 1 loss OU or an undefeated wisky
    Wisky still doesn't have enough cred to crack top 5, sorry but that pansy ass schedule does put 2 loss Auburn ahead of them. And Big10 isn't doing itself any favors lately.

Alabama, Miami, Clemson, OU, Auburn, Georgia, Wisky...

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

They dominated 38-20 against one of the best defenses in football and they 'look weak'?

Ohhh boy......

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The loser of Clemson vs Miami in the ACC Championship game is OUT. Clemson has no chance, having lost a game. They also look like crap lately. A Miami loss drops them out because they only played 11 regular season games. That puts them behind all of the other 1 loss teams that played 12 regular season games. As things stand now, OU will play TCU again for the Big 12 Championship. What a wasted game. I guess the thing to hope for is a Texas Tech win at home over TCU so we can see a replay of bedlam. If Ohio State wins out (and they should), that will just about guarantee a one loss Oklahoma team a spot. Wisky must win out because of their pathetic schedule.

First 12