Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Hell, not much different these days.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Wasn't directed at only you but I like how you just set your self up. Wrestling?? You mean that sport where two men grope at each other and lay on top of one another? Yea that's a real manly sport. It also doesn't pay you a cent even if your one of the best unless you got one hell of a personality to become a WWE fighter.

I can tell by your response that you have never been around wrestling and probably haven’t played any sports past elementary school at all.

WWE is not wrestling. The closest thing to wrestling for money is MMA.

But that is hardly the goal.

Wrestling is by far the best sport at teaching work ethic, how to push yourself, and do things that you didn’t think you could do.

Dan Gable said it best “Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”

Plus, wrestling is a great way to get into a great college that you wouldn’t be able to otherwise. Harvard, Cornell, Stanford, etc.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Lol, wrestling is very high risk sport - obviously not a real one. An enormous amount of wrestlers have died before the age of 50 - but liberals keep targeting football

You are such a dumbfukk.

Another mouthbreather accustomed to having his underrwear jammed far up his ass crack.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Hell, not much different these days.

like I said

no cheerleaders upskirt in view

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I can tell by your response that you have never been around wrestling and probably haven’t played any sports past elementary school at all.

WWE is not wrestling. The closest thing to wrestling for money is MMA.

But that is hardly the goal.

Wrestling is by far the best sport at teaching work ethic, how to push yourself, and do things that you didn’t think you could do.

Dan Gable said it best “Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”

Plus, wrestling is a great way to get into a great college that you wouldn’t be able to otherwise. Harvard, Cornell, Stanford, etc.
    Any sport for boys, except soccer, is good for them. I personally think basketball and baseball are the best alternatives to football but those are the 3 sports I played. I will say that the lack of quality youth coaching available has really hurt the big 3 sports. High school coaching is a joke. If a kid can get a good coach I think that is the most important part these days. Except soccer of course. Not a man's sport. Great for girls, though.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Football won't be going anywhere. Too much money involved.

Minorities don't care about getting a few skulls cracked. It's a part of life.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Yea I never wrestled because I was busy playing baskeball every winter. Never played sports? I played all kinds of sports my whole life and I actually started and played. I wasn't some bum clapping it up on the bench doing nothing.

I also never said WWE is wrestling. If all you can do is wrestle your not going to be that successful in today's MMA environment.

Wrestling might be a good sport for work ethic but its not the best. Football practices are a lot more grueling than wrestling. It's also the best team sport there is.

maggiethebestdog

Yea I never wrestled because I was busy playing baskeball every winter. Never played sports? I played all kinds of sports my whole life and I actually started and played. I wasn't some bum clapping it up on the bench doing nothing.

I also never said WWE is wrestling. If all you can do is wrestle your not going to be that successful in today's MMA environment.

Wrestling might be a good sport for work ethic but its not the best. Football practices are a lot more grueling than wrestling. It's also the best team sport there is.
    I really think the big 3 are the best for growth and require the best athletic talent. Team sports are better as well, in my opinion. But football is a legit concern these days. The biggest thing for me is that football is the worst coached sport on the planet for high school and under. A bunch of failed head cases reliving their failed dreams through the kids. It is unreal. All sports have that element, but football is the worst by far. I used to scoff at the idea of kids playing other sports than the big 3 but I realize that I was wrong. The kids well being, physically and emotionally, is more important than what sport it is. Except soccer for boys. I would rather boys play no sport than do that worthless activity.

RudyRuetigger

grease lightnings kids should go to football if they are blood related to him

maybe they will get hit hard enough to correct the dna

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    You are such a dumbfukk.

Another mouthbreather accustomed to having his underrwear jammed far up his ass crack.
    lol, broke dik, I wasn't even disagreeing with you.

grease lightnin
    &

lol, broke dik, I wasn't even disagreeing with you.
    Morino I am many things, a broke dik is not one of them

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I read a story yesterday about Eric Dickerson. Guy remembers every detail of his playing career, but couldn't remember who gave him a car ride 10 minutes prior. It also talked about how poor families will continue to play cause it's their only way out of the poor house. Pretty sad that a sport is their only way out, rather than getting an education and decent job. But anyway, 0% chance I ever let my son play football. I'm cool with any other sport, but football isn't happening.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Wasn't directed at only you but I like how you just set your self up. Wrestling?? You mean that sport where two men grope at each other and lay on top of one another? Yea that's a real manly sport. It also doesn't pay you a cent even if your one of the best unless you got one hell of a personality to become a WWE fighter.
    False. A full ride scholarship definitely pays more than a cent. Professional MMA fighters (many come from a wrestling background) make more than a cent as well.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    False. A full ride scholarship definitely pays more than a cent. Professional MMA fighters (many come from a wrestling background) make more than a cent as well.
    If people are lucky enough to play a sport in college, there will be no shot at playing pro for 99% of them. Unless you are a freak of nature athlete, it really doesn't matter what sport you play as far earning a living playing it. I just think the big 3 offer the most life lessons and the best athletes gravitate towards them. But that has been changing as other opportunities increase in popularity.

One thing I will say is I hate how the big 3 male athletes are spoiled and pampered at a young age. When I played all 3 in high school I also happened to be a party monster and liked a low profile. My teammates thought they were better than everyone and the coaches all perpetuated that attitude. It is far worse today. There a lot of good kids but a lot of punks as well. I see them hamming it up during games just like their Pro idols. There is a big difference between showing emotion and acting like a punk. It makes me sick to watch. That is a main reason I am not watching as much on TV anymore.

I was watching the end of the Okla/Okla St game Saturday and saw the perfect example of the decline of the big 3 athlete. Oklahoma was driving late up 55-52. They are moving the ball at will. On one rare play Mayfield scrambled and got caught a couple yds behind the line for a 2 yd loss. The Okla St tackler, of course, goes into a punk ass celebration dance as if he was a good player. He hasn't touched anyone all day and has had 55, soon to be 62, dropped on him but it is time to dance. Disgusting. Now maybe this happens in other sports but it is out of control in the big 3. Unless there is a coach willing to stop that I would hesitate to stop anyone for looking for other sport alternatives.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Im not sure how all these concussions happen. I havent seen many guys make a tackle this year. This league would fold up if gambling wasn’t carrying it. The product is terrible with a terribly diluted league. Maybe the owners can add a few more teams and we can watch each team have one talented guy on it. Might end the concussions also

RudyRuetigger

thor I bet you can suck a mean cokk

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Im sure everyone on here would love to watch this every weekend instead

lol then they march the stretcher out with two stooges. They take him to the sidelines and the fuk gets off the stretcher and walks away lol.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Personally I think they should make ALL fields outdoor and no field turf....slow the game down a tad..

SAVAGE
    SAVAGE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1878

Who cares what Bob Costas has to say? How about you stop your SNF Halftime cultural rants that no one likes.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Why are posters taking offense to what costas said??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Costa always been a little pussy
    Go on his Twitter account and call him little man he bans you

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Why are posters taking offense to what costas said??
    People hate the truth.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

These liberals are so full of shit. They have no problem voting for the war in Iraq,no problem with companies outsourcing labor to China and Indian in sweat factories - but people can't play football knowing the risks. There is no difference between being a police officer in a high crime neighborhood for 40k a year, being a marine for 50k a year, or risking brain injury playing football for 500k a year. In a free country you give citizens information and let them make their own decisions.
    Liberals aren't ok with any of the things you listed.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

There's an easy way to stop that nonsense. Long suspensions for flopping.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    everything is a conspiracy to this guy. I usually envision toler as one of those guys that doesn't leave his house peering out his front window, opening the blinds just enough to see through the cracks but as to not let anyone outside know he is watching them
    That's pretty much how I've always envisioned him.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Personally I think they should make ALL fields outdoor and no field turf....slow the game down a tad..
    It's a very good idea.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Destroys brains?

Old news bro

jjgold

Costas was relevant maybe 15 years ago

not now

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Football is a sport for savages. Costas is right any parent who lets their kid play football should be in prison for neglect.

jjgold

Patty mainly ghetto people play that have no future and will be in prison

So for them why not

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Another trick, you cant see it? Do you know why though. Open your eyes. How can you continue to be fooled over and over again.
    lol pass around the peyote so we can all "see it"

low IQers are truly entertaining

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Well flopping is not the American style. Big difference between US and most of the world. Watch any US sport, where our talent actually goes, and you'll see flopping is an extremely rare occurrence.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    People hate the truth.
    while Costas might have a good point, it's the principle of the matter that I and other posters on here have a problem with...Where was Costas 20 years ago when he was one of the best in the business and relevant?...why didn't he speak out and write books back then?...we all knew football was a dangerous sport back then and we sure as hell knew about concussions back then as well...it was basically just swept under the rug until recently which is why you have all of these lawsuits...anyhow, the fact of the matter is that Costas didn't do or say a damn thing because he was making millions of dollars just being a host, showing highlights and doing interviews about the NFL and it's players...it's great to be a non-athlete jock sniffer (like ESPN anchors) making that kind of bank...but now that he is nobody and totally irrelevant, he feels the need to capitalize and make money by writing a book slamming the sport that has made him a millionaire many times over and helped him make his bread and butter and livelihood over the last 35+ years or so.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Da manster I hear your point but at the end of the day he isn't lying. That's all that matters

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Da manster I hear your point but at the end of the day he isn't lying. That's all that matters
    of'course he's not lying...that's not the issue, LB...he's just being a two-faced hypocrite with double standards.

First 123 Last